• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

European Football Ultras Fans. Passion over reason.

Centrist

Banned
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
This thread will be focused on the Ultras movement in Europe. A phenomenon that explains group thinking irrationality. I can tell you when I travel around Europe and go to games I can see how the atmosphere in a stadium can make you go back to basic tribalism.

*Ultras are a type of association football fans who are renowned for their fanatical support. The term originated in Italy but it is used worldwide to describe predominantly organised fans of association football teams. The behavioural tendency of ultras groups includes their use of flares (primarily in tifo choreography), vocal support in large groups and the displaying of banners at football stadiums, all of which are designed to create an atmosphere which encourages their own team and intimidates the opposing players and their supporters. The frequent use of elaborate displays in stadiums is also common.

Documentaries - The Real Football Factories

Turkey:

Italy:

England:

Russia:

Last edited:
You forgot:

This thread will be focused on the Ultras movement in Europe. A phenomenon that explains group thinking irrationality. I can tell you when I travel around Europe and go to games I can see how the atmosphere in a stadium can make you go back to basic tribalism.

*Ultras are a type of association football fans who are renowned for their fanatical support. The term originated in Italy but it is used worldwide to describe predominantly organised fans of association football teams. The behavioural tendency of ultras groups includes their use of flares (primarily in tifo choreography), vocal support in large groups and the displaying of banners at football stadiums, all of which are designed to create an atmosphere which encourages their own team and intimidates the opposing players and their supporters. The frequent use of elaborate displays in stadiums is also common.

Turkey:

Italy:

England:

Russia:

Did you watch all of these to the end of each one?

You forgot:

Hooliganism takes it to a whole new level. England did a good job cracking down on the phenomenon. In some areas, if you are a registered hooligan you need to watch the game at the police station.

Is kind of hard to apply the same method the more you go East in Europe. People are poor and need a distraction. Clubs need fans. If you charge 100 pounds for a ticket in Turkey or Greece, you might go bankrupt, not to mention face huge protests. Nobody will buy it. In England, you will always have fans buying it. The living standard is higher.

I have seen the Real Football Factory original movie. Insanity. :cool:

I think they've finally got a handle on it in England.

We have our own version over here. Not limited to, but touches on, sports in a way more to do with other cultural issues.

We have our own version over here.
You mean this on the right:

and this on the left:

You always speak in code. Just say it Trump fanatics and Antifa Fanatics (if you accept left-wing violence exists).

Last edited:
Football hooliganism is rare in England now and is completely socially unacceptable as it should be.
Families go with young kids and they don't need to be involved in that sort of crap.
It also helps that football stadiums are filled to the brim with cameras and the police can easily identify fans that act like idiots and ban them for life.

Turkey:

Italy:

England:

Russia:

Here we call them "republicans".

Here we call them "republicans".
If you are referring to the right-wing Proud boys type of violence, that is mostly in the hooligan scene. Russia - Poland - England - Netherlands (underground).

Ultras are on both sides and some of the groups are non-political. There are some groups that will kick you out from the stands if you show political messages.

You would probably like these guys :cool::

Last edited:
Today:

Sweden

Aik - Djurgardens 1 - 0

Austria:

Rapid Wien - Sturm Graz 1 - 1

Last edited:
"Here's Hogg... DEENEY!" | Best end to a football match EVER

One of the most iconic moments in recent English football history.

I think they've finally got a handle on it in England.

"On the final day of the UEFA Euro 2020, the final between Italy and England was marred as riots broke out at the entrance to Wembley Stadium, and in both Leicester Square and Trafalgar Square. 86 people were arrested by police that day."

(See last para of United Kingdom section):

and this on the left:

You always speak in code. Just say it Trump fanatics and Antifa Fanatics (if you accept left-wing violence exists).

What I said is true. Try to refute what I said with evidence of fact. Or, go through the debate process of asking me for evidence to support what I said. Try honest debate.

Note that your OP gave about 2:45 of video you expect us to take the time to review that you'd already reviewed over yrs past to understand your point that you won't summarize in your own words that would be debate courtesy you owe the forum.

If you are referring to the right-wing Proud boys type of violence, that is mostly in the hooligan scene. Russia - Poland - England - Netherlands (underground).

Ultras are on both sides and some of the groups are non-political. There are some groups that will kick you out from the stands if you show political messages.

You would probably like these guys :cool::

I just remembered 2 more clubs that are left-wing. I have been to both of their games, in the 1990s when they played a Bucharest team.

Ajax Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Panathinaikos Athens (Greece) also known for their basketball support

@bluesmoke I gave you the video evidence however I highly doubt your perception will ever accept it. In your mind probably the people in Portland were fighting for justice. In my mind, they are as equally in intelligence as the "great" people that stormed Capitol Hill. The marketing is better I will give you that, the way is dressed, I understand why people buy it. If I am wrong in my perception of you, I do apologize. Good day, and enjoy the videos.

and this on the left:

You speak in the code of videos because you can't speak for yourself. Why not just say what you mean, be forthright, and not require that others go through 43 minutes to hopefully understand what you're "saying". I guess, by at least my checking that you have 40 min on the right and 3 min on the left, the right does more "bad stuff" than the left because you've more footage of them doing so. I don't know. You're too evasive for me to get a straightforward claim from you. What's your position on equivalence?

I assume you've provided the evidence I implied you ask for in my post #17. Thanks.

What's your position
My position is that this Leisure activity.

The first person that brought politics into it is:

We have our own version over here. Not limited to, but touches on, sports in a way more to do with other cultural issues.

and then like every propagandistic, in my opinion you seized with a magnifying glass on an event from England to make a judgment on the progress of the fight against hooliganism. Your approach to questioning people is well known as it was my first interaction with you on this forum.

How do you know if someone is an idealogue? Tell them you have no opinion, they always expect you to either agree or argue with them. Is torture for an ideologue to say you have no opinion or put an equal sign between the sides. :cool:

I just remembered 2 more clubs that are left-wing. I have been to both of their games, in the 1990s when they played a Bucharest team.

Ajax Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Panathinaikos Athens (Greece) also known for their basketball support

@bluesmoke I gave you the video evidence however I highly doubt your perception will ever accept it. In your mind probably the people in Portland were fighting for justice. In my mind, they are as equally in intelligence as the "great" people that stormed Capitol Hill. The marketing is better I will give you that, the way is dressed, I understand why people buy it. If I am wrong in my perception of you, I do apologize. Good day, and enjoy the videos.

What I won't accept is you expecting me to watch 30+ min of video as evidence to support what you're not summarizing in your own words. I'm not going to read an entire volume of an encyclopedia to search and find what they say is the evidence supports whatever claim they are making. You are evasive and not debating honestly. See you on another thread.

My position is that this Leisure activity.

The first person that brought politics into it is:

and then like every propagandistic you seized with a magnifying glass on an event from England to make a judgment on the progress of the fight against hooliganism. Your approach to questioning people is well known as it was my first interaction with you on this forum.

How do you know if someone is an idealogue? Tell them you have no opinion, they always expect you to either agree or argue with them. Is torture for an ideologue to say you have no opinion or put the equal sign between the sides. :cool:

I didn't "bring" politics into it. I'm pointing out the politics that is there. The politics of the sport you specify is about what team you support. That tribalism leads to riots. There is nothing "Leisure" about that. It is cultural, as is cultural issue in the US. The you don't have the perception to see that may be that your head is stuck in the sand, and you're hooked up to the Matrix. At least now you're starting to use words and not video spam.

that may be that your head is stuck in the sand, and you're hooked up to the Matrix. At least now you're starting to use words and not video spam.
Alright, well I guess I am making progress. I look forward to when you let me know I am officially ok and back to reality. (y)

You've seen what you get at soccer games.

At baseball games you get stuff like this...

Make love not war. :)

Germany -> Hamburg SV vs. SC Freiburg 1 - 3

France -> St. Etienne vs. Monaco 1 - 4

Back
Top Bottom