• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Europe will 'soon have more Muslims than Christians'...

Norwey, for example is the least religious country on earth and it respects human rights and dignity a hell of a lot more than some more religious places.

Then again many people where saying the same about Catholocism in the 70s, and they had a point given that Spain and Portugal were facist dictatorships, Latin America was under military rule and even Ireland and Malta forbade divorce and had widespead censorship. Our focus should be on how we can help facilitate the same process in the Islamic world.

While it is unconvincing to hold up as a standard a tiny country with a very homogenous population about half of New York City, there is a huge difference between being irreligious and being Atheist/agnostic. Virtually all Norwegians do identify themselves with the Christian faith, most with the Church of Norway (Evangelical Lutheran - official) 82.1%. Norway is one of the few remaining European nations that does have an official state religion with the Evangelical Lutherans being a privileged group, though not so much since a constitutional change in 2012. But there is definitely no official policy of Atheism or agnosticism.

And the fact that a mandatory state dictated religion such as existed in Franco's Spain, the fault there was with Franco and not the religion. That it is mostly Christian countries that have adopted more democratic forms of government and granted more human rights in the 20th and 21st centuries suggests that Christianity and/or religious faith is not the problem. But you cannot name a single country, now or in history, in which Atheism/agnosticism is/was the policy that is/was democratically governed and/or that respects/respected human rights. The same with predominantly Islamic countries.

So be careful what you wish for when you wish to eradicate all religion in favor of Atheism/agnosticism.

So when it's bad, it's man's fault, but if it's good, it was religion. No, it was Christianity, not a bad religion like Islam. OK.

Last edited:
Never thought I'd see anybody hold up Albania as a shining light for anything - especially the Albana of Hoxha. :lamo

Like Tigerace, you haven't read the post properly, but then you've got form for that.

:lamo:lamo:lamo
and what a clanger the search came up with.

-Obama is purging the military of white, Christian men in order to make the soldiers loyal to him for the inevitable imposition of martial law.

-Recommending that America should break up like Yugoslavia did, not wanting to live in a country where gay people are treated equally and because liberals are evil heathens

-wingnuts losing the culture wars being “nothing less than a superior culture being subsumed by an inferior one,”

I wouldn't want to say what citing a loon like that makes anyone doing the citing, but if that were my sort of supportive "literature", I'd keep the hell quiet about it.

The operative word (which is missing from the scaremongering title) is "practising" The Minister was talking about increasing secularisation, and the drop in churchgoing Christians, not massive rises in the 5% Muslim population. So Europe might have more observant Muslims than Christians, but both will be a tiny minority.
Happy to clear that up.

Not exactly becons of freedom but then again niether are most countries in the world.
Do most people want the responsibility that freedom entails? Not in recent times it seems. They want freedom on a leash.

The operative word (which is missing from the scaremongering title) is "practising" The Minister was talking about increasing secularisation, and the drop in churchgoing Christians, not massive rises in the 5% Muslim population. So Europe might have more observant Muslims than Christians, but both will be a tiny minority.
Happy to clear that up.
It seems Islamic leaders may know something you don't. Europe: Mosque Building Shifts into High Gear Ireland to Build One of Europe's Largest Mosques Europe's largest mosque opened | Daily Mail Online

Does anyone see any published articles by Chagos? Funny he can criticize published authors while he apologizes for Islam with 0 credentials?

What are you saying, that a published article must be true? 'Cuz they couldn't say it if it wasn't?
Cut it out.

What are you saying, that a published article must be true? 'Cuz they couldn't say it if it wasn't?
Cut it out.

You are saying that.

Where's your work published? Justify your right to an opinion here.

I never said I had one. You got a problem reading English? Or are you just trolling?

Cut it out.
Well, in case you're interested (and I wouldn't blame you if you have yawning fit ;)) the published author (as if publication were any criteria) is Selwyn Duke. A total loon. I've given some samples of his clangers in #56.

If he were a bit more sane he'd most likely ask everyone never to publish anything of his.:mrgreen:

Speaking at a hearing into the Brussels attacks, Koen Geens said the European Community may not realise it “but this is the reality”.

His comments were followed by Belgian deputy prime minister Jan Jambon warning against Europeans “making an enemy of Islam” describing it as “the worst thing we can do”.

Europe will 'soon have more Muslims than Christians': Belgium warns against 'making an enemy of Islam' at Brussels attacks hearing

So just roll over and give up? This has been their problem from the beginning.
Umm, it does not mean that there will be more Muslims than none Muslims, Christianity itself has been slowly dying in Europe for many years now. There is no rolling over as you put it, all religions should be welcome in an open society.

Umm, it does not mean that there will be more Muslims than none Muslims, Christianity itself has been slowly dying in Europe for many years now. There is no rolling over as you put it, all religions should be welcome in an open society.

The Muslims have been at war with Christianity, since about the 7th Century....and their religious practices are not conducive to, shall we say, harmony.

Last edited:
The Muslims have been at war with Christianity, since about the 7th Century..........
Yeah, I vaguely recall something about their having been annoyed at the execution by the Ghassanids of one of their emissaries to the Byzantine emperor.

Over-sensitive lot.

Yeah, I vaguely recall something about their having been annoyed at the execution by the Ghassanids of one of their emissaries to the Byzantine emperor.

Over-sensitive lot.

Nooo...they area murderous lot!

Over-sensitive lot.

Maybe they got a hold of a Koran and decided to cut out the middleman? And of course one murder is responsible for Islamic doctrine and war until Islam is the only religion and others are subdued or killed. What a lame excuse.

MUSLIM CRUSADES Started Four Centuries Before the Western Crusades

Islamics Launched their Crusades in 630 A.D.
Western Crusades started in 1095 A.D. to Stop Muslim Invasion

The Crusades were started by the Muslims in the year 630 A.D. when Muhammad invaded and conquered Mecca. Later on, Muslims invaded Syria, Iraq, Jerusalem, Iran, Egypt, Africa, Spain, Italy, France, etc. The Western Crusades started around 1095 to try to stop the Islamic aggressive invasions. Islamic Crusades continued even after the Western Crusades.
https://factreal.wordpress.com/2010...d-four-centuries-before-the-western-crusades/

What is it about being on ignore that some people simply don't appear to get so as to continue quoting when they actually know?

Oh, I know. It's being on ignore. :lamo

Speaking at a hearing into the Brussels attacks, Koen Geens said the European Community may not realise it “but this is the reality”.

His comments were followed by Belgian deputy prime minister Jan Jambon warning against Europeans “making an enemy of Islam” describing it as “the worst thing we can do”.

Europe will 'soon have more Muslims than Christians': Belgium warns against 'making an enemy of Islam' at Brussels attacks hearing

So just roll over and give up? This has been their problem from the beginning.

Most European countries don't have any but nominal Christians anymore.

Back
Top Bottom