• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Euro 2016: French would-be terrorist arrested in Ukraine

Infinite Chaos

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
_89892108_0d456136-88c6-4ebb-8c30-ac71aa55e295.jpg

Frenchman detained last month with a large cache of arms was planning mass attacks on the Euro 2016 football tournament, which begins on Friday.
The man, identified by French media as Gregoire M, 25, was arrested on the Ukrainian border with Poland. Link.

The first of many?

It's going to be interesting to see how they handle it.

Maybe the bad guys have no Plan B?

It's the first European championships that I haven't attended since euro 2000. Not attending because of the potential of a major incident. Nor worth dying over a football match

It's the first European championships that I haven't attended since euro 2000. Not attending because of the potential of a major incident. Nor worth dying over a football match

It is like the Germans with Turkey or Egypt. They don't go there anymore, because of the risk of terrorist attacks. If the danger increases, there are other places to go and things to do.

Nope (I'm aware of the rhetorical nature of the question :)), there have been arrests elsewhere in Europe this month already.

Hadn't been aware. Thanks Ta

The first of many?

More like the Ukrainians trying to get some media time, now that their civil war has been forgotten by the west.

I find the whole story very strange and hard to believe. Why would he go all the way to the Ukraine and risk getting weapons into the EU via Poland? All other attacks in Europe, have gotten their weaponry in Europe. So either the European police has gotten much better to confiscate weapons, or there is something very fishy with this story.

Why wait a month to report it?

Nope (I'm aware of the rhetorical nature of the question :)), there have been arrests elsewhere in Europe this month already.

There are arrests all the time... just saying.

The first of many?

Funny that all the people who are continually surprised by new instances of Islamic terror would jump to the conclusion that this is the first of many. How many of these sort of attacks have occurred since Breivik 5 years ago?

French officials saying it's more likely to be arms smuggling than a terrorist plot now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

French officials saying it's more likely to be arms smuggling than a terrorist plot now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And my "smell meter" worked again :)

And the England fans are in troubles for a second night running. Tear gas used to disperse crowds.

It's not even worth stubbing a toe to watch a soccer game. :)

And the England fans are in troubles for a second night running. Tear gas used to disperse crowds.

Whenever I hear about these cases I can't help but imagine it like the scenes with the English hooligans from the EuropTrip movie.

Soccer? Not aware of this word ;)
Used to deflect from the fact that their version should really be called "foot 'n handball" (nearly said foot 'n mouth there :lamo).

I mean they can't call theirs rugby, cuz they'd have to take those sissy body armours and the helmets off first. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom