• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Euphemism for "Keep your place"

TheParser

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
1. I have just learned it.

2. A popular comedian (let's say he's from Mars) recently lectured people from, let's say, Jupiter on how to behave.

3. A commentator from Jupiter has just responded that it was not the place for someone from Mars to lecture people from Jupiter.

a. She said, "Stay in your lane."

Whut? To me, you've parsed-out a part from the whole w/o giving any description of the relationship btx the 2 in the context of whatever it is you're saying. Please clarify.

Whut? To me, you've parsed-out a part from the whole w/o giving any description of the relationship btx the 2 in the context of whatever it is you're saying. Please clarify.
Oh. no!

I cannot "clarify" it, for the actual context is too controversial, and I do not want to violate strict posting rules regarding sensitive topics.

If you google that saying, you will no doubt get some excellent explanations.

Have a nice day!

Oh. no!

I cannot "clarify" it, for the actual context is too controversial, and I do not want to violate strict posting rules regarding sensitive topics.

Have a nice day!

The phrase stay in your lane means "to mind your own business" or "stick with what you know and are good at."

In the context it appears someone of A color told someone of B color to "stay in their lane" because B was telling A people how to act, perhaps based on stereotypes.

If I tell you TheParser how people named "TheParser" should behave according to me, I would imagine you would say that phrase to me. Or not, you don't even have the balls to spell out what you want to say here so I am probably assuming too much that you'd stand up for yourself.

Or not, you don't even have the balls to spell out what you want to say here so I am probably assuming too much that you'd stand up for yourself.
You are 100% correct: I am a lifelong coward.

Thank you so much for your excellent explanation.

I am comfortable only parsing a sentence such as "I like ice cream." "I" is the subject; "like" is the verb; and "ice[d] cream" is the object.

Have a nice day!

Hmm, so Muslims, black people and Hispanics, not to mention gay people better keep their place since the US is a white Christian nation, maybe women should know their place too since this nation was built by "men."

1. I was doing something.

2. Some guy said to me, "You should be doing that differently."

3. I said, "I'm doing it like I would on (let's say) Jupiter."

4. He said, "That's the way the cookie crumbles."

Thoughts?

Hmm, so Muslims, black people and Hispanics, not to mention gay people better keep their place since the US is a white Christian nation, maybe women should know their place too since this nation was built by "men."
I always heard that said as, "know your place", back in the Jim Crow days. "Keep your place" sounds like holding a place in line...

I'm a Native English speaker, but not necessarily in tune with the mainstream, so perhaps I'm just unaware of the "keep" usage.

Oh. no!

I cannot "clarify" it, for the actual context is too controversial, and I do not want to violate strict posting rules regarding sensitive topics

Have a nice day!

Yeah. Stay in your lane. Know your place. Whatever. You won't say. Your post is a mindF.

Back
Top Bottom