• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

EU tests brain scanning to catch terrorists

Travelsonic

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
The EU has been testing new ways to catch terrorists, and a method of brain scanning could be the way to weed them out.

Developed via the Humabio (Human Monitoring and Authentication using Biodynamic Indicators and Behaviourial Analysis) projects based in Greece, the scans would search for distinctive brain patterns as people pass through checks.

EU tests brain scanning to catch terrorists | News | TechRadar UK

Opinions?

I think this is scary myself.

Yeah, because this is really about "terrorism"...

People better fight this.

Yeah, because this is really about "terrorism"...

People better fight this.

Plus you know it is the EU, it isn't even a sovereign, accountable gov't.

I can't believe also that people, probably with taxpayers money, are developing this kind of thing anyway. On this sort of thing a tighter rein must be kept.

Plus you know it is the EU, it isn't even a sovereign, accountable gov't.

I can't believe also that people, probably with taxpayers money, are developing this kind of thing anyway. On this sort of thing a tighter rein must be kept.

It won't happen. Regionalism is on the rise everywhere. In North America, Canada's sovereignty is routinely enroached upon due to trade agreements, and now because of the Collective Security Agreements.

The elites are eliminating borders to suit their monetary agenda.

It won't happen. Regionalism is on the rise everywhere. In North America, Canada's sovereignty is routinely enroached upon due to trade agreements, and now because of the Collective Security Agreements.

The elites are eliminating borders to suit their monetary agenda.

I agree. In Britain the EU is quite unpopular but all three major parties support it to differing degrees making any change of course very unlikely.

High-tech fascism and paranaoia. There won't be any more hijackings of planes anymore-- the passengers would simply beat any terrorists to death with their laptops, now that they know it's a suicide-mission. Before, you were instructed to cooperate, because they just wanted their demands met-- but now that they're using planes for kamikaze-jihad missions, everyone will just jump on the hijackers and rip them apart and eat them for a mid-air meal.

And if they blow up the plane, so what-- anyone can blow up a plane, you can't stop it. They can just drive a truck-bomb onto the runway before takeoff-- but that wouldn't accomplish anything, they can do that anytime. So far they haven't. This increased airport-security is B.S. which simply harasses innocent people because the US government messed up, so they get more power? That's backwards. Just let the passengers rip them a new one.

I agree. In Britain the EU is quite unpopular but all three major parties support it to differing degrees making any change of course very unlikely.

It's because the elites have hijacked democracy with their money. Neo-liberal policy combined with unreformed lobbying policy has lead to the gradual aristocratization of the legislative process. You can vote in whoever you want, it won't matter... they are all controlled by the same puppetmasters.

-- Opinions?

I think this is scary myself.

Absolutely agree, I'm extremely disappointed that it only raised a few column inches in the Guardian (the original story) but I get the feeling people are becoming so used to losing liberties that such a story is not recognised for what it represents.

I have the feeling millions will be spent developing it and reality will only hit the public when it is installed in airports and major ports. By then it may be too late.

Back
Top Bottom