• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

EU freezes Putin's and Lavrov's assets

I doubt they'll be much impressed.

It's certainly doubtful that Putin will have to pawn his mile-long conference table.:D

My understanding is that Putin doesn't haver much in the way of assets outside the country. Probably for this reason.

Putin makes more off an hour's worth of oil revenue than he could ever spend. And what did Biden do on his first day in office but shut down US oil production. Must sell those electric cars and solar panels you know.

My understanding is that Putin doesn't haver much in the way of assets outside the country. Probably for this reason.
He does have considerable foreign assets, probably as a backup plan if he's ever overthrown.

We should confiscate every Russian-owned asset outside of the country - be it public or private.... and then use the proceeds to support the Ukraine.

Screw'em.... if they're going to act like Barbarians, then we need to treat'em as such.

I doubt they'll be much impressed.

It's certainly doubtful that Putin will have to pawn his mile-long conference table.:D

Let's see how impressed Roman Abramovich is when he loses his investment in Chelsea FC.

We all need to go down the list... every damn Putin-supporting Russian Kleptocrat. "A" is as good a place as any to start.

Let's see how impressed Roman Abramovich is when he loses his investment in Chelsea FC.

We all need to go down the list... every damn Putin-supporting Russian Kleptocrat. "A" is as good a place as any to start.
That's it (y)

Yeah, I think it's time to freeze all assets of Russian citizens that are not EU residents in the EU.

Yeah, I think it's time to freeze all assets of Russian citizens that are not EU residents in the EU.
Not to mention those that actually bought EU passports by bringing along a magnificent wallet (Malta and Cyprus).

Or, for that matter, bought their "Golden VIsas" into UK.

He does have considerable foreign assets, probably as a backup plan if he's ever overthrown.
Can you link that please? I've seen the opposite.

Can you link that please? I've seen the opposite.
Remember the Panama Papers? Putin's offshore accounts were revealed then:

Revealed: the $2bn offshore trail that leads to Vladimir Putin

Mostly he seem to have money in accounts in Cyprus (Cyprus is a EU member), Switzerland (Switzerland is not, so might not be affected) and Panama (probably not affected). He also seem to have assets on British Virgin Islands, now UK joined in the sanctions against Putin recently, but I haven't looked through the UK wording, so I don't know if it also extend to British oversea territories.

Remember the Panama Papers? Putin's offshore accounts were revealed then:

Revealed: the $2bn offshore trail that leads to Vladimir Putin

Mostly he seem to have money in accounts in Cyprus (Cyprus is a EU member), Switzerland (Switzerland is not, so might not be affected) and Panama (probably not affected). He also seem to have assets on British Virgin Islands, now UK joined in the sanctions against Putin recently, but I haven't looked through the UK wording, so I don't know if it also extend to British oversea territories.
Cool, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom