• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

EU Enlargement. Is it bad?

wrencep

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Croatia: meet the new EU neighbours

The newest European Union member state has plenty of problems – but look on the bright side: it has great food, miles of stunning coastline and a wealth of culture
Croatia: meet the new EU neighbours | World news | The Guardian

Several days ago young Balkan country joined the EU. It was step towards enlargement of market and stimulating labour force in Europe. EU leaders perhaps are trying to reduce the number of unemployment people and get another country-follower which is going to give up its interests for benefit of Germany and France.

But are European leaders confident of their financial and economic power? Maybe they are on the way to the Fourth Reich?

PS Found funny cartoon about EU happy farm))

PIGS_600x800.JPG

It won't matter how many member-states the EU has if they have to break up because they're insolvent and that's a very real possibility soon.

Croatia: meet the new EU neighbours

The newest European Union member state has plenty of problems – but look on the bright side: it has great food, miles of stunning coastline and a wealth of culture
Croatia: meet the new EU neighbours | World news | The Guardian

Several days ago young Balkan country joined the EU. It was step towards enlargement of market and stimulating labour force in Europe. EU leaders perhaps are trying to reduce the number of unemployment people and get another country-follower which is going to give up its interests for benefit of Germany and France.
But are European leaders confident of their financial and economic power? Maybe they are on the way to the Fourth Reich?

PS Found funny cartoon about EU happy farm))

View attachment 67149852

Its stupid how many of the Southern Euros view Germany and France as bad guys for the fact that they went bankrupt on unfunded liabilities and extreme market optimism and aren't receiving more of another country's money. Countries like Greece went tits up because its debt was such a massive part of its GDP that if any market trouble happened, like it did in 2007, they started defaulted on their payments because their revenue dropped.

Maybe if they didn't feel that the economy would only grow and never slow down, they wouldn't be in this situation.

It won't matter how many member-states the EU has if they have to break up because they're insolvent and that's a very real possibility soon.

Nah. They will provide markets with non-sterilized forms of liquidity before the risk of insolvency hits.

" If your EU Enlargment last for more than 4 hours contact your Physician immediately "

If MY EU enlargment last for more than 4 hours I'm contacting EVERYONE.

Adding yet another layer of government can't ever be a good idea.

Maybe one day this EU will look like the first days of our own country when people's loyalty will first be to the state, but eventually they will grow to be unified and one solid mass. problem is it took killing off a large percentage of the male population in a civil war to make it happen here. I don't think the EU want's to go through that, not to mention some of these countries simply have to much built up history of backstabbing and mistrust that the EU will only be effective to a point, if it stands the test of time at all.

They are no more broke than the USA. Where's your confidence, man, we're discussing "Fiat" money. That'd be a "Confidence Game." You have a huge balloon full of money "because we say it is, full faith and credit, etc.," and a confidence pump to keep the balloon inflated. Confidence is like Bernanke saying, "I am confident going forward," or Treasury head stating, "We have great confidence in our program," or Obama saying "I am confident we have turned the economic corner," and these are the things that fill the balloon and called a Confidence Pump. As you get bigger holes in the balloon, you never fix the holes, but either turn up the pump or use a bigger pump and no need to worry about the holes. For the life of me, I suspect there is a flaw in the scenario, but who am I to question "great" minds or whatever generates confidence, eh? Maybe Croatia is adding to the CFM (confidence forming material) of the pump. Don't sell your precious metals.

Adding yet another layer of government can't ever be a good idea.

What if the current number of layers is zero?

Not really a fan of regionalization in general, so I could never fully support the EU. It waters down the sovereignty of individual governments and its democratic People by creating more regional governance.

Globalization and its many free trade agreements are one of the many blights on the prosperity of western nations right now. The globalists are gutting our way of life and the treaty system makes us helpless to stop it.

I didn't understand why there is Ukraine on this picture. There aren't any serious bilateral agreements...As I remember The European Union only continues making the necessary steps to move forward with signing the trade and political cooperation agreement with Ukraine. But I believe it is a mistake that Ukraine now are under the influence of European "Think Tanks". It would be great to add Croatia to this picture.

I didn't understand why there is Ukraine on this picture. There aren't any serious bilateral agreements...As I remember The European Union only continues making the necessary steps to move forward with signing the trade and political cooperation agreement with Ukraine. But I believe it is a mistake that Ukraine now are under the influence of European "Think Tanks". It would be great to add Croatia to this picture.

The author of cartoon named four countries as PIGS (believe Croatia doesn't suite this abbreviation).
As to Ukraine Yanukovich dreams about EU Membership, perhaps Ukraine is next country to join.

If just imagine EU with Ukraine, will Europe become stronger? Think NO.

In any case Europe can't be stronger... Will Europe get benefits from entering UA in EU? In my opinion it won't. We will probably see the same scenario like happened with Italy Greece Portugal and etc. Ukraine can't fulfill its obligations to the EU. I mean that this country doesn't have enough opportunities to join the EU...

Back
Top Bottom