• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

EU Countries To Send Fighter Jets To Ukraine

Gateman_Wen

Official disruptive influence
Banned
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Shoulda done this a while back but better late than never I guess.

Last edited:
Wow!

That's great news.

As a fair-minded person, however, is the sending of armaments of any kind a de facto declaration of war against Russia?

Will the tyrant's paranoia go into overdrive?

If the Ukrainians are actually able to stop the invasion (highly unlikely though it be), would the tyrant lose all sense of proportion?

I know that the decent world is between a rock and a hard place.

So I guess it should send as much materiel as possible.

Are these aircraft from Belarus in support of Russian military?

Kinda depends on how many Ukrainian fighter pilots the Russians shot down. Planes without trained and skilled pilots either sit on the tarmac or are shot down in short order.

I think it's just a matter of time before European ground troops, pilots and armaments get drawn in to fight the Russians. At first they will remain incognito, but that won't last. The U.S. will probably show up long after the party has started as usual. You just can't stand by and watch the slaughter. It's like watching a bully pound on a smaller kid at the playground over and over. That said I am in no way downplaying the resolve, heroism and fortitude of the Ukrainians.

Last edited:
Can you imagine the fate of a 3 mile column with with sufficient air power above? The Russians must be feeling quite confident. Hopefully they will be in for a surprise.

Unless they are aircraft they Ukrainians already have pilots for, it won’t matter.

One way or another, this conflict will be over before Ukraine can train pilot to combat proficiency on new aircraft.

Unless they are aircraft they Ukrainians already have pilots for, it won’t matter.

One way or another, this conflict will be over before Ukraine can train pilot to combat proficiency on new aircraft.
I have a question for you: Why are you listed as being from San Antonia Texas but viewing from Russia/Ukraine/ Belarus?

I have a question for you: Why are you listed as being from San Antonia Texas but viewing from Russia/Ukraine/ Belarus?

Why are you lying about me to defame me when I stating a fact?

It takes months to train a pilot to be combat proficient on a modern fighter aircraft. The conflict won’t last long enough for any of these fighters to enter combat with the Ukrainians unless they are aircraft those pilots are already trained on.

You can’t just throw someone who’s spent their entire career flying Su-25’s into a Eurofighter Typhoon and expect them to be able to operate it in combat with anything less than a couple months of training.

It takes months to train a pilot to be combat proficient on a modern fighter aircraft. The conflict won’t last long enough for any of these fighters to enter combat with the Ukrainians unless they are aircraft those pilots are already trained on.

You can’t just throw someone who’s spent their entire career flying Su-25’s into a Eurofighter Typhoon and expect them to be able to operate it in combat with anything less than a couple months of training.
This lesson already learned when the Japanese resorted to Kamikaze pilots which they could train quickly, after having run out of trained combat pilots.
The Kamikaze pilots were ineffective.

This lesson also learned by the Germans after they ran out of trained and experienced combat pilots and resorted to similar hair brained ideas.
The pilots were also ineffective.

In the mean time, the combat aircraft have gotten immensely far more complicated and intricate to operate, which puts you even further behind the '8 ball' on that.

Looks like Putin has bought himself a s**t sandwich, may he choke on it.

I wasn't calling you a liar. I was merely asking you about what I was observing. Perhaps it was in error, but when I moved my cursor over your avatar star that was the information I got: "From San Antonio viewed from Russia/ Ukraine/Belarus." When I tried to screenshot the information to prove that it to you, a soon as I moved my curser to the screenshot icon at the bottom of page, the image and information timed out. After a few attempts the information has completely disappeared. Strange.

So what can I say? I saw what I saw. Maybe someone is "***ing with the site to create dissension?

As far as the information you provided about the training of figher pilots I totally agree. And I think I should know as my time in the ANG was involved with fighter jets, first the old F-4's and then F-16's. I wasn't a pilot but I was intimately involved with the airframes.

Last edited:
Is that a lot as far as armed formations go? Specifically in the context of engaging in urban warfare in a city of millions like Kiev?
No idea. It just seems to me with an enemy that would be equally matched it might not be a good idea to put all your eggs in one basket? But apparently this isn't an even match?

I'm hoping these are current reports it is under attack....

I have seen nothing in the MSM about this Russian convoy being attacked. Do you have a good source besides Twitter, thanks!

I wasn't calling you a liar. I was merely asking you about what I was observing. Perhaps it was in error, but when I moved my cursor over your avatar star that was the information I got: "From San Antonio viewed from Russia/ Ukraine/Belarus." When I tried to screenshot the information to prove that it to you, a soon as I moved my curser to the screenshot icon at the bottom of page, the image and information timed out. After a few attempts the information has completely disappeared. Strange.

So what can I say? I saw what I saw.

As far as the information you provided about the training of figher pilots I totally agree. And I think I should know as my time in the ANG was involved with fighter jets, first the old F-4's and then F-16's. I wasn't a pilot but I was intimately involved with the airframes.

Are you a moron? Do you realize this is the “Russia/Ukraine/Belarus” section of the forum? It showed I was viewing it and guess what? SO ARE YOU.

This lesson already learned when the Japanese resorted to Kamikaze pilots which they could train quickly, after having run out of trained combat pilots.
The Kamikaze pilots were ineffective.

This lesson also learned by the Germans after they ran out of trained and experienced combat pilots and resorted to similar hair brained ideas.
The pilots were also ineffective.

In the mean time, the combat aircraft have gotten immensely far more complicated and intricate to operate, which puts you even further behind the '8 ball' on that.
Yes this is all very obvious. However we don't know how many pilots they have in their reserves that are trained.

Are you a moron? Do you realize this is the “Russia/Ukraine/Belarus” section of the forum? It showed I was viewing it and guess what? SO ARE YOU.
I am very well aware of that. You don't have to be nasty about it. But it did say "viewed from Russia/Ukraine/Belarus" I checked and double checked it. I really surprised me it actually indicated that. And now it's gone.

Call me whatever you want - moron, liar whatever. I know what I saw.

I am very well aware of that. You don't have to be nasty about it. But it did say "viewed from Russia/Ukraine/Belarus. I checked and double check it. I really surprised me it actually indicated that.

Dude, this forum doesn’t list where people are posting from other than where you give as your location.

Can you imagine the intell the U.S. and other countries are learning about Russian tactics, logistics, and methods from this? Another downside to Putin's invasion of Ukraine.

No idea. It just seems to me with an enemy that would be equally matched it might not be a good idea to put all your eggs in one basket? But apparently this isn't an even match?

Thanks. I am totally lost putting in perspective how each piece of new information fits in the larger scheme of things. It can get confusing to us civilians. Like the close to 200,000 force Putin amassed was portrayed in the media as gargantuan. Then attention panned to Ukraine, and it turned out Ukraine is actually a huge country, posing great challenges; then the majority expert military opinion shifted to the invading force rather insufficient for the task.

Back
Top Bottom