• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Ethnic Profiling

Should Ethnic Profiling Be Done?

• Definitely yes.

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • In some situations only.

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • No.

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Don't know.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
scottyz said:
Because they flew planes into U.S. buildings perhaps? Because they fund the majority of terrorist activity against the U.S.

SA did not fly planes into the U.S. buildings....rogue citizens of that country did.............Are you going to attack every country where a rogue citizen commits a terrorist crime here?:confused:

Can you provide a link that shows the country of SA funds the majority of terrorist attacks against this country? Hell they are getting attacked themselves.........

Navy Pride said:
SA did not fly planes into the U.S. buildings....rogue citizens of that country did.............Are you going to attack every country where a rogue citizen commits a terrorist crime here?:confused:

Can you provide a link that shows the country of SA funds the majority of terrorist attacks against this country? Hell they are getting attacked themselves.........

Judging all Saudi Arabians because of the actions of nineteen members is no more illogical than judging all Arabs based on the actions of nineteen of it's members.

Calm2Chaos said:
I want them to end anti-peopleism. I really could give a rats ass less if the muslims like us or not. You fit the profile open the backpack. If you have nothing you have nothing to worry about....

If you have nothing to worry about, it's still no one elses business.

Gandhi>Bush said:
Judging all Saudi Arabians because of the actions of nineteen members is no more illogical than judging all Arabs based on the actions of nineteen of it's members.

When the arabs do the terrorism in this country they are who you look for.......Its only common sense.

Navy Pride said:
When the arabs do the terrorism in this country they are who you look for.......Its only common sense.

I was merely pointing at a hole in your own logic. All of the 9/11 hijackers were from Saudi Arabia. Why is it so illogical to blame them and so logical to blame the Arab?

Gandhi>Bush said:
I was merely pointing at a hole in your own logic. All of the 9/11 hijackers were from Saudi Arabia. Why is it so illogical to blame them and so logical to blame the Arab?

Because Arabs have been committing terrorist attacks in the country since the bombing of the marine barracks in 1983 and they are not all from SA...

Navy Pride said:
"rogue" citizens funded by the Saudis.
We attacked the entire country of Iraq because Bush considered Saddam a rogue terrorist?

Even though you never provide links for your claims i'll be nice enough to provide some for mine.

Saudi Arabia enlisted in the fight against terrorism only in response to intense pressure from the United States following the Sept. 11 attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon. Even then, its cooperation has been minimal and grudging. For example, Riyadh has resisted Washington's requests to use its bases in Saudi Arabia for military operations against Osama bin Laden's terrorist facilities in Afghanistan.

Even that belated, tepid participation is an improvement on Saudi Arabia's previous conduct. The U.S. government has warned that it will treat regimes that harbor or assist terrorist organizations the same way that it treats the organizations themselves. Yet if Washington is serious about that policy, it ought to regard Saudi Arabia as a prime sponsor of international terrorism. Indeed, that country should have been included for years on the U.S. State Department's annual list of governments guilty of sponsoring terrorism.

The Saudi government has been the principal financial backer of Afghanistan' s odious Taliban movement since at least 1996. It has also channeled funds to Hamas and other groups that have committed terrorist acts in Israel and other portions of the Middle East.

Worst of all, the Saudi monarchy has funded dubious schools and "charities" throughout the Islamic world. Those organizations have been hotbeds of anti-Western, and especially, anti-American, indoctrination. The schools, for example, not only indoctrinate students in a virulent and extreme form of Islam, but also teach them to hate secular Western values.

They are also taught that the United States is the center of infidel power in the world and is the enemy of Islam. Graduates of those schools are frequently recruits for Bin Laden's Al-Qaeda terror network as well as other extremist groups.
http://www.cato.org/dailys/11-16-01.html

The Bush administration's efforts to cut off funds for international terrorism are destined to fail until it confronts Saudi Arabia, whose leaders have tolerated some of its wealthy citizens raising millions of dollars a year for al Qaeda, according to a new report from an influential foreign policy organization.

The report from the New York-based Council on Foreign Relations, scheduled for release today, contends that the administration must pressure the Saudis-as well as other governments – to crack down on terror financing, even at the risk of sparking a public backlash that could jeopardize the Saudi government.

"It is worth stating clearly and unambiguously what official U.S. government spokespersons have not," the report notes."For years, individuals and charities based in Saudi Arabia have been the most important source of funds for al Qaeda, and for years the Saudi officials have turned a blind eye to this problem."

Administration criticism of Saudi Arabia, the top oil supplier to the United States and a crucial ally if the Bush administration takes military action against Iraq, has been largely muted since the Sept. 11 attacks, despite the belief of many law enforcement and intelligence officials here and abroad that al Qaeda relies on wealthy Saudis for most of its funding.

Earlier this year, however, relations became strained when a defense consultant told a Penatagon advisory committee that Saudis were active at all levels of the terror chain.

"I know a lot of people in the administration are really upset with this, but it essentially lays out what many of us have been saying," said one senior administration official. "That is, we need to come up with strategies that are as creative as those of the enemy, and that, like it or not, many of the financial roads to al Qaeda go through Saudi Arabia."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A36948-2002Oct16?language=printer

The US government has suggested wealthy Saudi individuals remain 'a significant source' of funds for Islamic terrorists around the world

'Wealthy Saudi financiers and charities have funded terrorist organizations and causes that support terrorism and the ideology that fuels the terrorists' agenda', Levey told lawmakers yesterday.

'Even today, we believe that Saudi donors may still be a significant source of terrorist financing, including for the insurgency in Iraq,' he added.

http://www.forbes.com/finance/feeds/afx/2005/07/14/afx2138132.html

How much money did Osama bin Laden have, and how did he move it around? The queries had a certain urgency. A cadre of bin Laden's al Qaeda terrorists had just destroyed two of America's embassies in East Africa. The NSC was determined to find a way to break the organization's back. Working with the Illicit Transactions Group, the NSC formed a task force to look at al Qaeda's finances. For months, members scoured every piece of data the U.S. intelligence community had on al Qaeda's cash. The team soon realized that its most basic assumptions about the source of bin Laden's money--his personal fortune and businesses in Sudan--were wrong. Dead wrong. Al Qaeda, says William Wechsler, the task force director, was "a constant fundraising machine." And where did it raise most of those funds? The evidence was indisputable: Saudi Arabia. America's longtime ally and the world's largest oil producer had somehow become, as a senior Treasury Department official put it, "the epicenter" of terrorist financing.

Over the past 25 years, the desert kingdom has been the single greatest force in spreading Islamic fundamentalism, while its huge, unregulated charities funneled hundreds of millions of dollars to jihad groups and al Qaeda cells around the world. Those findings are the result of a five-month investigation by U.S. News.

Starting in the late 1980s--after the dual shocks of the Iranian revolution and the Soviet war in Afghanistan--Saudi Arabia's quasi-official charities became the primary source of funds for the fast-growing jihad movement. In some 20 countries, the money was used to run paramilitary training camps, purchase weapons, and recruit new members.

The charities were part of an extraordinary $70 billion Saudi campaign to spread their fundamentalist Wahhabi sect worldwide. The money helped lay the foundation for hundreds of radical mosques, schools, and Islamic centers that have acted as support networks for the jihad movement, officials say.

U.S. intelligence officials knew about Saudi Arabia's role in funding terrorism by 1996, yet for years Washington did almost nothing to stop it. Examining the Saudi role in terrorism, a senior intelligence analyst says, was "virtually taboo." Even after the embassy bombings in Africa, moves by counterterrorism officials to act against the Saudis were repeatedly rebuffed by senior staff at the State Department and elsewhere who felt that other foreign policy interests outweighed fighting terrorism.

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/news/articles/031215/15terror.htm

And for the 10th time I have told you that arab terrorist have come from all over the middle east...not just SA..........

We attacked the entire country of Iraq because Bush considered Saddam a rogue terrorist?

Wrong again..we attacked Iraq becasue they thought they had WOMD and becasue they violated 17 UN sanction agreed upon at the cease fire after the 1991 Gulf War..........

Navy Pride said:
Wrong again..we attacked Iraq becasue they thought they had WOMD and becasue they violated 17 UN sanction agreed upon at the cease fire after the 1991 Gulf War..........
And Saudi Arabia pays people to blow up our buildings and spread anti-american sentiment around the world.. sounds a bit worse to me.

scottyz said:
And Saudi Arabia pays people to blow up our buildings and spread anti-american sentiment around the world.. sounds a bit worse to me.

Do you have a link for that or is it your usual left wing bum scoop?

Thanks

Navy Pride said:
In the history of the United States we have never faced a threat like terrorism........I hate to say it but I truly believe that sooner or later we will face a huge terrorist biological or chemical attack that will kill millions.......I wonder if you UBL apologists will still feel the same about the terrorist scumbag........

Desperate times require desperate measures.......Whatever it takes to keep us safe I am for it...........
Dude, do you ever get it right?

I have not read anyone's posts that would qualify as "UBL apologists." I believe it is safe to say that all Americans are scared to death of the doomsday scenario, and that we are extremely vulnerable.

Sadly, our president, to me, is one of the major reasons we are in more danger today than we were on January 20, 2001 when he took office. Starting a war in Iraq, to me, is the single biggest reason we are now in more danger than any other time in our country's history.

I think virtually all Americans were / are pro the war in Afghanistan. It made sense. We were after our real enemies and we had to take them on. Then, Bush in what might go down as one of the very worst decisions in our history started a war against a phantom enemy.

To make a bad decision a disaster he pulls back our efforts in Afghanistan and against Al Quaeda to initiate a war against Saddam Hussein, the ball-less dictator in a country that posed no threat to Americans. He was contained, he had no weapons, and there was no tie to terrorists or terrorism.

Now we're all in grave, grave danger, especially me and my family who live here in Manhattan.

Navy Pride you claim I hate Bush. Well I think in this one instance you are right! I do hate the imminent danger that he has put me and my family in. I have a 15 year old son and it scares the $hit out of me to think that he will be on the subway one day coming home from school when we're attacked.

I don't know if many of you can empathize with the daily terror we who live in NYC endure? Bush's war is a like a death warrant, just like the ones he signed regularly as governor of Texas.

Had Bush put the hundreds of billions of dollars into fighting terrorism instead of fighting in Iraq I am convinced we would all be safer today AND Bush would be one of the most popular presidents in our history.

It's too damn bad that he's such a frickin moron and that his judgement is so skewed. Just look at his polls! Look at the opinion Americans have about the war in Iraq!

You want to point fingers at one of the main motivators of terrorism today? Point them squarely and directly at George W. Bush!

We need to all pray that we survive his presidency and that my 15 year old soon doesn't get blown up or nuked or gassed because if he does it will be a tragedy that will haunt our country evermore.

Navy Pride said:
Do you have a link for that or is it your usual left wing bum scoop?

Thanks
They've already been posted in this thread from the first time you asked.

26 X World Champs said:
Dude, do you ever get it right?

I have not read anyone's posts that would qualify as "UBL apologists." I believe it is safe to say that all Americans are scared to death of the doomsday scenario, and that we are extremely vulnerable.

Sadly, our president, to me, is one of the major reasons we are in more danger today than we were on January 20, 2001 when he took office. Starting a war in Iraq, to me, is the single biggest reason we are now in more danger than any other time in our country's history.

I think virtually all Americans were / are pro the war in Afghanistan. It made sense. We were after our real enemies and we had to take them on. Then, Bush in what might go down as one of the very worst decisions in our history started a war against a phantom enemy.

To make a bad decision a disaster he pulls back our efforts in Afghanistan and against Al Quaeda to initiate a war against Saddam Hussein, the ball-less dictator in a country that posed no threat to Americans. He was contained, he had no weapons, and there was no tie to terrorists or terrorism.

Now we're all in grave, grave danger, especially me and my family who live here in Manhattan.

Navy Pride you claim I hate Bush. Well I think in this one instance you are right! I do hate the imminent danger that he has put me and my family in. I have a 15 year old son and it scares the $hit out of me to think that he will be on the subway one day coming home from school when we're attacked.

I don't know if many of you can empathize with the daily terror we who live in NYC endure? Bush's war is a like a death warrant, just like the ones he signed regularly as governor of Texas.

Had Bush put the hundreds of billions of dollars into fighting terrorism instead of fighting in Iraq I am convinced we would all be safer today AND Bush would be one of the most popular presidents in our history.

It's too damn bad that he's such a frickin moron and that his judgement is so skewed. Just look at his polls! Look at the opinion Americans have about the war in Iraq!

You want to point fingers at one of the main motivators of terrorism today? Point them squarely and directly at George W. Bush!

We need to all pray that we survive his presidency and that my 15 year old soon doesn't get blown up or nuked or gassed because if he does it will be a tragedy that will haunt our country evermore.

I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR YOU MY LEFT WING BUDDY........I TOLD YOU THE YANKEES ARE THE MOST OVER RATED TEAM IN BASEBALL AND THAT THE SUCK AND WILL GO DOWN HARD........A-ROD, MATSUI, GIAMBI, ALL ARE OVERPAID PRIMA DONNAS..........I WON $100. BUCKS ON THAT SERIES AND I KNEW IT WOULD BE A SURE THING.............HOW SWEET IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Navy Pride said:
I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR YOU MY LEFT WING BUDDY........I TOLD YOU THE YANKEES ARE THE MOST OVER RATED TEAM IN BASEBALL AND THAT THE SUCK AND WILL GO DOWN HARD........A-ROD, MATSUI, GIAMBI, ALL ARE OVERPAID PRIMA DONNAS..........I WON $100. BUCKS ON THAT SERIES AND I KNEW IT WOULD BE A SURE THING.............HOW SWEET IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You're such a baby! Only someone with virtually no intelligence would write a post as stupid as your last one.

You must be a sad old man if you "waited" to gloat over a baseball game.

Am I surprised that you get off or get hard over someone else's unhappiness? You've exposed yourself, again, for all of us to see. What's next? Are you betting on when NYC will be attacked next too? WIll winning that bet spur another post like this one from you gloating that you were right that NYC would be bombed?

I think your posts, especially this one, are a direct reflection of who you are and your level of maturity and intelligence.

I've said it before, you're a frickin' genius Navy Pride (BTW - Ever see Forest Gump?)

scottyz said:
They've already been posted in this thread from the first time you asked.

Yeah, right........:roll:

O man Navy, you're quite the popular,or should I say "unpopular" guy. I have to congradulate you, I don't believe you said the "L" word in the last few posts. There is a light at the end of the tunnel.:2razz:

26 X World Champs said:
You're such a baby! Only someone with virtually no intelligence would write a post as stupid as your last one.

You must be a sad old man if you "waited" to gloat over a baseball game.

Am I surprised that you get off or get hard over someone else's unhappiness? You've exposed yourself, again, for all of us to see. What's next? Are you betting on when NYC will be attacked next too? WIll winning that bet spur another post like this one from you gloating that you were right that NYC would be bombed?

I think your posts, especially this one, are a direct reflection of who you are and your level of maturity and intelligence.

I've said it before, you're a frickin' genius Navy Pride (BTW - Ever see Forest Gump?)

Aw poor baby, are you unhappy.......Like you said its only a game but I can't help it...........It makes my day when the Yankees lose, especially when it puts money in my pocket.......

kal-el said:
O man Navy, you're quite the popular,or should I say "unpopular" guy. I have to congradulate you, I don't believe you said the "L" word in the last few posts. There is a light at the end of the tunnel.:2razz:

Why the female as your avatar...Inquiring minds want to know......:lol:

Oh I am sure I have used the L word........You have to keep up

Last edited:
Navy Pride said:
Why the female as your avatar...Inquiring minds want to know......:lol:

Last time I got hasseled because I had a guy as my avatar,now I get **** cause I have a hot-looking chick as my avatar. If you're gonna stoop to such mindless drivel, I suggest you go back to listening to your buddy on AM radio.

Navy Pride said:
Yeah, right........:roll:
Do I need to post them again or should I just accept that you have trouble dealing with reality?

scottyz said:
Do I need to post them again or should I just accept that you have trouble dealing with reality?

whatever, just show me a legit link where it says SA paid the terrorists to hit the WTC on 9/11/01

kal-el said:
Last time I got hasseled because I had a guy as my avatar,now I get **** cause I have a hot-looking chick as my avatar. If you're gonna stoop to such mindless drivel, I suggest you go back to listening to your buddy on AM radio.

I listen to Micael Meved every day on AM radio make dunces out of liberal callers if that is what you mean.........

Your just the first guy I have met here that uses a woman to represent them ........

Navy Pride said:
whatever, just show me a legit link where it says SA paid the terrorists to hit the WTC on 9/11/01
The links I already posted say it. SA funded Bin Laden and his cronies. Do you usually defend terrorist regimes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger
Why would you profile old ladies when old ladies are not doing what Arabs are doing, trying to kill us. They are Arabs that are doing that or are you trying to deny that fact?

galenrox said:
As it has been with every single other policy in the last five years, it oversimplifies the problem and thus comes out with the wrong answer. Just a bunch of hicks sitting around saying "We cant figger out anyting else dey got in common, but we no dat dair brown, lets just go after the brownies."

So the FBI and the Israeli's who use such profiling successfully are just a bunch of hicks?

Racial profiling is moronic,

Not if the people who are trying to kill you are of a certain race. What is moronic is searching every 5th person regardless of thier race, age and sex. It's a waste of time and resources.

and is just another case of people getting pissed off

And sadly there are many in this country with such sophomoric beliefs that we in fact do waste valuable resources searching old ladies and babies.

because they have to operate within certain rules, and they're too dumb to operate within these rules, so they want to change them to make it easier.

The problem is the terrorist ARE smart enough to operate under such archane rules that force 90 year american men to under go worthless searches because it makes you feel better.

Back
Top Bottom