• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ethics subcommittee recommends reprimand for Rangel

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
WASHINGTON – The panel that charged New York Democrat Charles Rangel with 13 counts of ethical misdeeds recommended he receive a relatively mild rebuke by the full House, one of the investigators said Friday

A reprimand? A mild rebuke? Damn, why not just shake your finger and say "Bad boy" to Rangel? And these are the very same lawmakers who blasted the Bush "culture of corruption" while he was in office, and demanded Republican heads on a post over it.

Here is the hope and change you voted for. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. I don't know about anybody else, but to me, this is totally unacceptable. Yes, I also bashed the culture of corruption under Bush, and I am bashing the Democratic culture of corruption that exists NOW. Corruption is corruption, and there should only be ONE SINGLE STANDARD for dealing with it - Getting rid of the crooks. I don't give a damn what political party they are members of. If they are crooks, then they ****ing deserve to be sacked. This **** makes me want to puke.

Article is here.

Last edited:
anything short of expulsion and referral of the investigatory file to the DOJ is far too limited an action

this 'time out' recommendation will be the demos albatross come election

anything short of expulsion and referral of the investigatory file to the DOJ is far too limited an action

this 'time out' recommendation will be the demos albatross come election

An investigatory file to the DOJ?????????????? :lamo

A reprimand? A mild rebuke? Damn, why not just shake your finger and say "Bad boy" to Rangel? And these are the very same lawmakers who blasted the Bush "culture of corruption" while he was in office, and demanded Republican heads on a post over it.

Here is the hope and change you voted for. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. I don't know about anybody else, but to me, this is totally unacceptable. Yes, I also bashed the culture of corruption under Bush, and I am bashing the Democratic culture of corruption that exists NOW. Corruption is corruption, and there should only be ONE SINGLE STANDARD for dealing with it - Getting rid of the crooks. I don't give a damn what political party they are members of. If they are crooks, then they ****ing deserve to be sacked. This **** makes me want to puke.

Article is here.

If the committee accepts the subcommittee's recommendation, then one can only hope the media grabs hold of it like a pit bull and keeps hammering away at it 'til the elections. The timing of this investigation is rather interesting, don't you think? And even in the face of the upcoming elections, still our Congress can't step up and do the right thing.

Doctors investigating doctors; lawyers investigating lawyers; congressmen investigating congressmen. What do we expect, really? (Maybe at the very least he'll get a substantial fine to go along with it as did Newt Gingrich.

I hold a small bit of hope.....

WASHINGTON — Calls for Rep. Charlie Rangel's resignation rained down on Capitol Hill late Friday from House Democrats who said more than a dozen ethics charges against the 20-term lawmaker showed a disregard for the rules and undermined the public's confidence in Congress.

The Associated Press: Democrats say Rangel should resign

Back
Top Bottom