• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Ethics Reform

trinettec

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Here is just a thought that I had. I've heard a lot of talk about reforming the ethics rules in Congress. How about they do away with the members of the Ethics Committee and replace them with just plain ordinary citizens from the accused Congresspersons district.

hmm. didnt republicans come up with the idea first? if so, and the dean of my college said so, and he's a democrat, why did they get all of the attention for it?

trinettec said:
Here is just a thought that I had. I've heard a lot of talk about reforming the ethics rules in Congress. How about they do away with the members of the Ethics Committee and replace them with just plain ordinary citizens from the accused Congresspersons district.
The first reason that I see is that because there already is such a mechanism in place. Election.

However I don't see any other way to catch these corrupt scum if there is no branch of government that has the independent power to prosecute these crooks.
Shouldn't there be some department within the Justice department independent of the other two branches that does something like this? Or is there?

Back
Top Bottom