• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ethics cases raise racial questions

zimmer

Educating the Ignorant
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
The question of whether black lawmakers are now being singled out for scrutiny has been simmering throughout the 111th Congress...

There’s a “dual standard, one for most members and one for African-Americans,” said one member of the Congressional Black Caucus, speaking on condition of anonymity.

The member said it’s too easy for an outside group to damage someone’s reputation by filing a claim with OCE.

“This is stacked against you once an accusation is made,” the lawmaker added. “You’re guilty until proven otherwise.”

Read more: Ethics cases raise racial questions - John Bresnahan and Jonathan Allen - POLITICO.com
In one of the Rangel threads, and upon reading Maxine Waters looks to be next in line, I was going to pose the question how long it would be until the race card would be hauled out.

Didn't take long.

I think these whiners should realize a couple things:

1. Race is no excuse for corruption or misdeeds; if a disproportionate number from one race are found to be engaging in behavior unbecoming of a member of Congress... adios assholes... regardless of race, gender or sexual orientation.

“A lot of people have been raising concerns [about the OCE], and I support them,” House Majority Whip Jim Clyburn (D-S.C.) told The Hill newspaper in October. “At some point in the not-so-distant future, these concerns will have to be addressed.”

2. Dems learn the hard way; they create these rules to catch R's and use them against R's... and then end up having their own members caught in them. The Dems have been good at hurling accusations, and claim it's the seriousness of the accusation that makes whatever situation worthy of investigation, and used as a tool for personal destruction.

Only after Dems get these rules used against them do we have some sanity and find them scaled back or taken out... as Clyburn suggests above with his "concerns must be addressed" statement.

I wonder, are we supposed to be passing out Get Out of Jail Free cards to some groups based on their race? Instead of watering down ethics violations, cutting or trying to cut backroom deals, concerns about ethics should be ramped up. Let's not hide the culture of corruption, let's eradicate it.

Last edited:
In one of the Rangel threads, and upon reading Maxine Waters looks to be next in line, I was going to pose the question how long it would be until the race card would be hauled out.

Didn't take long.

I think these whiners should realize a couple things:

1. Race is no excuse for corruption or misdeeds; if a disproportionate number from one race are found to be engaging in behavior unbecoming of a member of Congress... adios assholes... regardless of race, gender or sexual orientation.

2. Dems learn the hard way; they create these rules to catch R's and use them against R's... and then end up having their own members caught in them. The Dems have been good at hurling accusations, and claim it's the seriousness of the accusation that makes whatever situation worthy of investigation, and used as a tool for personal destruction.

Only after Dems get these rules used against them do we have some sanity and find them scaled back or taken out... as Clyburn suggests above with his "concerns must be addressed" statement.

I wonder, are we supposed to be passing out Get Out of Jail Free cards to some groups based on their race? Instead of watering down ethics violations, cutting or trying to cut backroom deals, concerns about ethics should be ramped up. Let's not hide the culture of corruption, let's eradicate it.

dems have encouraged and enabled certain pathologies in black culture to spread and influence more and more people in order to keep that group on the plantation so to speak. What you are seeing now is the pus oozing from the boil created by dems 70 or so years ago

Let's see how they are gonna spin this to somehow point the blame of racism from the GOP, which is not part of that committee, or the Tea Party people.... Or Bush again... The committe there right now might have came from the previous administration.

Back
Top Bottom