• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Et tu, DeSantis?

What is with these two republican governors and their childish, spiteful, stupidity? This is how they 'prepare' for a presidential run?
It works. Which is scarier. Between Trump and Covid, I've really learned a lot about our population and I wish I didn't.

It works. Which is scarier. Between Trump and Covid, I've really learned a lot about our population and I wish I didn't.
I know there is a lot of stupid in america and I've always wondered just how much. I'm guessing fifty five million or so dumbbells? The other twenty million voted for trump to protect their money.

And I didn't ask you for that. I asked you to explain why you think open borders for Cubans is "good" and why open borders for others isn't. If you can't do that I understand. I don't doubt there are countless stances conservatives take with no rhyme and certainly no reason for.
again, I am not saying they are or are not.. the point of asylum is to escape persecution of some sort... do they meet that standard?

How smart is it to NOT recognize that we need labor, and population growth? These anti illegal freaks need to make it easier to become legal, or to have a better work program because America is on the losing end when it comes to population growth, and employment.

It must really just be a white thing. Which is kinda disgusting.

1. the proper application of logic and intelligence as concerns being a country and wanting to give our citizens the best life possible as a whole says so. We are one of the few countries who actually try to care for our citizenry in such a way.
2. we are already talking millions of people... higher numbers than the population of some states. Eventually the number of unskilled positions will be overfilled, you understand? what do you think happens then?

there is no logical way that will not Eventually devalue unskilled jobs if allowed to grow exponentially.
Are you referring to Florida "already taking millions of people"? Because the fact is that the U.S. has accepted many fewer immigrants in recent years and the country needs workers at this point.

I think it is an unfortunate distortion to assert that Dems or Libs seek "open borders". The Koch brothers advocate for open borders for heaven's sake! There may be some dems who advocate for admitting more immigrants. There is certainly a discussion to be had about 'how many' and which immigrants. This should be a 'nuanced discussion' - a rarity these days I must admit

Are you referring to Florida "already taking millions of people"? Because the fact is that the U.S. has accepted many fewer immigrants in recent years and the country needs workers at this point.

I think it is an unfortunate distortion to assert that Dems or Libs seek "open borders". The Koch brothers advocate for open borders for heaven's sake! There may be some dems who advocate for admitting more immigrants. There is certainly a discussion to be had about 'how many' and which immigrants. This should be a 'nuanced discussion' - a rarity these days I must admit
I am speaking over time, including the last few years, but here is last year alone:

https://www.nationalreview.com/news...ions-reach-20-year-high-in-bidens-first-year/

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-ta...ppening-at-the-u-s-mexico-border-in-7-charts/

encountered somewhere around 2 million.. if they encountered that many, how many got through?

again, I am not saying they are or are not.. the point of asylum is to escape persecution of some sort... do they meet that standard?
I am not nor was I ever arguing what the standard for asylum is.
Cubans have a good reason for ACTUAL asylum.

allowing this ignorant open borders workaround by dems is the BS we have to worry about.
What I was questioning were your rationale for why you think Cubans have a good reason for asylum and others don't. What makes political oppression a better reason than starvation for instance?

Not all of them entered illegally. In fact, a lot of them went to a port of entry and declared a request for credible fear and asylum consideration. Once processed and released they hold a legal status until their hearing.
I have no problem with anybody legally entering our country. Do you have a link to the source you got this info? How many entered legally, and how many entered illegally?

I have no problem with anybody legally entering our country. Do you have a link to the source you got this info? How many entered legally, and how many entered illegally?
its automatic, if they were processed, as even Abbott has admitted in his presser, and released by immigration authorities INSIDE the US and not deported...they have gained a legal status. I cannot believe I am still explaining this 4 pages later.

I am speaking over time, including the last few years, but here is last year alone:

https://www.nationalreview.com/news...ions-reach-20-year-high-in-bidens-first-year/

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-ta...ppening-at-the-u-s-mexico-border-in-7-charts/

encountered somewhere around 2 million.. if they encountered that many, how many got through?
encountered does not mean they are in the country or that there were 2 million individuals....they can be multiple encounters or the same encounter by multiple agents.

its automatic, if they were processed, as even Abbott has admitted in his presser, and released by immigration authorities INSIDE the US and not deported...they have gained a legal status. I cannot believe I am still explaining this 4 pages later.
I understand once they are processed, they are permitted to be here, awaiting their hearing. The ones that didn’t enter a legally designated port of entry, they crossed the border illegally. They were then processed and given a hearing date, to determine whether or not they can stay.
You said some on the bus, entered through a legal port of entry. My question was how many entered the the legal port as you said, and please provide a link.

encountered does not mean they are in the country or that there were 2 million individuals....they can be multiple encounters or the same encounter by multiple agents.
I need a government document citation on this... why would they encounter them twice?

don't give me a damn leftist opinion piece please.

I am not nor was I ever arguing what the standard for asylum is.

What I was questioning were your rationale for why you think Cubans have a good reason for asylum and others don't. What makes political oppression a better reason than starvation for instance?
because persecution is what asylum is for. and we aren;t the only democracy belonging to the UN all the way from HAiti... there are other nations for them to apply to.

they are coming here because your idiot politicians have thrown open the door.

Calling illegal immigrants "undocumented asylum seekers" doesnt make them any less illegal immigrants. But since the idiot left is so hell bent on flooding the country with illegal immigrants it makes perfect sense for Abbot to bus as many as are willing to the leftist shitholes. As long as the idiot left is willing to shit on the Constition and rule of law, then their states ought to be the ones dealing with the problems they create.
A crockpot of bull.

Why do you hate America?

because persecution is what asylum is for. and we aren;t the only democracy belonging to the UN all the way from HAiti... there are other nations for them to apply to.

they are coming here because your idiot politicians have thrown open the door.
Because persecution is what asylum is for is not a real reason or argument for why starvation shouldn't be as well. Why just persecution and not starvation? Whats the reasoing? And if the UN is an acceptable place for Hatians to turn to why not Cubans? Now me personally, I have no problem with Cubans being allowed to come and stay under the wet foot dry foot policy, hell I'd go even further and say we should send out the Coast Guard to rescue any Cubans at sea and bring them here safely. I just think the same should apply to Hatians or Mexicans or Guatemalans etc. Do you have any real reasons for your preferences other than the purely obvious policitical leanings of Cuban Americans? For all the crying from punk ass Republicans about how we liberals just want illegals here because they vote Democrat the truth is I don't give a shit how any of them vote. I actually think we should be a shining beacon on the hill for all desperate refugees because I care about human lives. What's your excuse?

Because we have a judicial system, and they are awaiting their court date, for the crime of having come here illegally.

Unless they are wearing an ankle monitor, also no. We know who they said they were when we enrolled them, and they aren't being tracked.

There are plenty of intelligent trump fans. Very smart people can make (see this discussion) not very-smart arguments when their tribalism and need to pick at the Other Team is on the line.
That's bullshit. It's an asylum hearing. If they were illegal, they'd be deported.

That seems like a lot of legal hair splitting and term manipulation that wouldn’t be equally applied equally to other laws. At best their status is questionable
If their status wasn't temporary legal, Abbott could have been charged with human trafficking. Now that would have been funny.

Because persecution is what asylum is for is not a real reason or argument for why starvation shouldn't be as well. Why just persecution and not starvation? Whats the reasoing? And if the UN is an acceptable place for Hatians to turn to why not Cubans? Now me personally, I have no problem with Cubans being allowed to come and stay under the wet foot dry foot policy, hell I'd go even further and say we should send out the Coast Guard to rescue any Cubans at sea and bring them here safely. I just think the same should apply to Hatians or Mexicans or Guatemalans etc. Do you have any real reasons for your preferences other than the purely obvious policitical leanings of Cuban Americans? For all the crying from punk ass Republicans about how we liberals just want illegals here because they vote Democrat the truth is I don't give a shit how any of them vote. I actually think we should be a shining beacon on the hill for all desperate refugees because I care about human lives. What's your excuse?
I believe we can't take in the population of the entire world and that believing we can is naive and sure to cause our economy to fail the goal of taking care of our own CURRENT citizens and those fortunate enough to migrate or seek asylum here the proper way.

all you have to do is look at how little the high population countries value human life, and you can see it's a socioeconomic fact. If you put too many humans in the same place under the same power structure, the power structure no longer needs to answer to the little people and can hold them in contempt and disregard in lieu its own plans.

and before you pshaw at me and say that can't happen, If you really WANT to take in the populations of every single less than fortunate country on the earth, that is exactly what you are asking for. You won;t be able to tax the rich hard enough to do that.

we let in plenty of immigrants as it is, that do it properly.

a better idea is to help them fix their own countries.

real solutions have workable angles, not BS wishes of what we could do.

let me also state, i believe we are a shining beacon on the hill, with our current immigration numbers. we can't risk diluting our own overall wellbeing though for that purpose or we will be good to no one.

That's bullshit. It's an asylum hearing. If they were illegal, they'd be deported.
.....this is like saying that if he was really a thief, we wouldn't bother with a trial.

That's not how it works in this country.

Trumpist grandpa, drooling on command to Reality TV.

Would you enjoy a show that is exclusively clips of people being hit or hitting themselves in the balls, accidentally or otherwise? Maybe some little people, who you would like me to call "midgets" instead, shitting in a shared bucket?

Is there any mean-spirited idiocy you don't cheer?

Barkley’s toss.

Back
Top Bottom