• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Et tu, DeSantis?

It's just spectacle. Tyrants feed spectacle to the masses and they gobble it up

😄

Open borders are how South Florida's mostly Republican Cuban/ American community came to be. Not only are you people ignorant of your own history, you're also ignorant of the source of your political power in Florida. This is mostly why I'm not worried about your clown party. You guys are in such a revolving door of stupidity that not even the fecklessness of establishment Democrats can save you from yourselves.
Cubans have a good reason for ACTUAL asylum.

allowing this ignorant open borders workaround by dems is the BS we have to worry about.

What is that "good" reason?
fleeing an oppressive regime. some other countries have it as well, but all of those crossing the border are NOT from those countries.

if we determined asylum cases based on such criteria at the border, it would be helpful for our overburdened asylum and immigration courts and the process in general.

but progressives don't want sensical ideas like that because then the borders wouldn't be open.

fleeing an oppressive regime. some other countries have it as well, but all of those crossing the border are NOT from those countries.
Why is that any more a good reason than fleeing a corrupt regime? Or ineffectual regime?

Why is that any more a good reason than fleeing a corrupt regime? Or ineffectual regime?
because we have a duty to look out for the interests of our own citizens as any country does, which means protecting us from being so big population wise that it just naturally devalues human life like china, not to mention jobs, and we're not here to take in the entire world.

normal chinese citizens don't work for 10 cents an hour in a shoe factory or whatever because they are seen as a valued asset as a human being. in a country of 1.5 billion people, they can either take 10 cents an hour or, well, basically die.

they don't have the choice to start unions like us.. know why? because they are disposable with that kind of population and government.

Last edited:
Because they were already in detention with immigration and released....thus giving them a legal, temporary status in the US.
Sorry, they are still illegal. That the current admin is releasing is ignoring their duty to enforce the law, and releasing illegal immigrants into the US, doesn't change that.

Nope, once they have been released, pending a hearing. They hold immigration parole (I-94) they cannot be re-detained by immigration as long as they go to those court hearings. So, their status in the US is a legal one....if it were illegal they could be detained whenever, wherever by immigration.
No, that means they have a court date for having come here illegally. It's like claiming I didn't run a traffic light if the cop gives me a ticket to show up and pay the fine a month hence, explicitly for running a traffic light.

This is a terrible attempt to counter. I struggle to think of an appropriate analogy.

It's like arguing that I'm not aware of Donald Trump lying because, every time I'm shown a video of him lying, the thing making the sound is the computer or the television, ergo, it's the computer or the television lying, instead of Donald Trump. It's that level of attempting-to-split-hairs in order to make a point.

Cubans have a good reason for ACTUAL asylum.

allowing this ignorant open borders workaround by dems is the BS we have to worry about.

If they have "open borders" (you know, like we have between states), how are they catching all of these people? If the border is open, they are just being waved through, or not?

because we have a duty to look out for the interests of our own citizens as any country does, which means protecting us from being so big population wise that it just naturally devalues human life like china, not to mention jobs, and we're not here to take in the entire world.

normal chinese citizens don't work for 10 cents an hour in a shoe factory or whatever because they are seen as a valued asset as a human being. in a country of 1.5 billion people, they can either take 10 cents an hour or, well, basically die.

they don't have the choice to start unions like us.. know why? because they are disposable with that kind of population and government.
None of this is an explanation for why open borders for Cuban immigrants is better than open borders for Haitian ones.

That seems like a lot of legal hair splitting and term manipulation that wouldn’t be equally applied equally to other laws. At best their status is questionable

No it isn't.

No, that means they have a court date for having come here illegally. It's like claiming I didn't run a traffic light if the cop gives me a ticket to show up and pay the fine a month hence, explicitly for running a traffic light.

This is a terrible attempt to counter. I struggle to think of an appropriate analogy.

It's like arguing that I'm not aware of Donald Trump lying because, every time I'm shown a video of him lying, the thing making the sound is the computer or the television, ergo, it's the computer or the television lying, instead of Donald Trump. It's that level of attempting-to-split-hairs in order to make a point.

No, it actually isn't a terrible counter.

They may have come here illegally, but they are not still here illegally, as she correctly pointed out.

Says who?

And why the hyperbole? Is the "entire world" trying to come here to live and work? Or are unskilled laborers who escaped from pretty rank counties not helping us by doing work most Americans don't aspire to, like picking blueberries and cleaning toilets in the Super8?

No, it actually isn't a terrible counter.

They may have come here illegally, but they are not still here illegally, as she correctly pointed out.

Yes, it is a terrible counter. They came here as illegal aliens, they have a court date to appear as illegal aliens for the charge of having come here illegally.

They are illegal aliens. That they have a future court date explicitly because of that does not mean that they aren't that.

Trump fans were willing to bend way over to try to excuse Their Boy over the past several years, but, I cannot, offhand, think of a time when they stooped to an argument this desperate. Truly, it is on par with Trump-never-lied-just-the-television-did.

Yes, it is a terrible counter. They came here as illegal aliens, they have a court date to appear as illegal aliens for the charge of having come here illegally.

They are illegal aliens. That they have a future court date explicitly because of that does not mean that they aren't that.

Trump fans were willing to bend way over to try to excuse Their Boy over the past several years, but, I cannot, offhand, think of a time when they stooped to an argument this desperate. Truly, it is on par with Trump-never-lied-just-the-television-did.

If they are here illegally, why have they not been removed? They have a court date, we know who they are, they are being tracked.

I don't care about "Trump fans". Those people are stupid.

If they are here illegally, why have they not been removed?

Because we have a judicial system, and they are awaiting their court date, for the crime of having come here illegally.

They have a court date, we know who they are, they are being tracked.

Unless they are wearing an ankle monitor, also no. We know who they said they were when we enrolled them, and they aren't being tracked.

I don't care about "Trump fans". Those people are stupid.

There are plenty of intelligent trump fans. Very smart people can make (see this discussion) not very-smart arguments when their tribalism and need to pick at the Other Team is on the line.

Because we have a judicial system, and they are awaiting their court date, for the crime of having come here illegally.

Unless they are wearing an ankle monitor, also no. We know who they said they were when we enrolled them, and they aren't being tracked.

There are plenty of intelligent trump fans. Very smart people can make (see this discussion) not very-smart arguments when their tribalism and need to pick at the Other Team is on the line.

I know we have a judicial system. I also know they are awaiting their court dates. No clue why you started out your post with those two things that I already said, so I will move on from this discussion.

I also did not post about Trump so you can stop bringing him up to me. I am posting on topic. It's not him or his idiotic supporters.

I know we have a judicial system. I also know they are awaiting their court dates. No clue why you started out your post with those two things that I already said, so I will move on from this discussion.
Have a Blessed Easter, Tres :)

None of this is an explanation for why open borders for Cuban immigrants is better than open borders for Haitian ones.
nor did I propose that explanation.. I am merely stating we need to restrict border crossings more intelligently and only give asylum to those who really need it.

nor did I propose that explanation.. I am merely stating we need to restrict border crossings more intelligently and only give asylum to those who really need it.
And I didn't ask you for that. I asked you to explain why you think open borders for Cubans is "good" and why open borders for others isn't. If you can't do that I understand. I don't doubt there are countless stances conservatives take with no rhyme and certainly no reason for.

Says who?

And why the hyperbole? Is the "entire world" trying to come here to live and work? Or are unskilled laborers who escaped from pretty rank counties not helping us by doing work most Americans don't aspire to, like picking blueberries and cleaning toilets in the Super8?

1. the proper application of logic and intelligence as concerns being a country and wanting to give our citizens the best life possible as a whole says so. We are one of the few countries who actually try to care for our citizenry in such a way.
2. we are already talking millions of people... higher numbers than the population of some states. Eventually the number of unskilled positions will be overfilled, you understand? what do you think happens then?

there is no logical way that will not Eventually devalue unskilled jobs if allowed to grow exponentially.

1. the proper application of logic and intelligence as concerns being a country and wanting to give our citizens the best life possible as a whole says so. We are one of the few countries who actually try to care for our citizenry in such a way.
2. we are already talking millions of people... higher numbers than the population of some states. Eventually the number of unskilled positions will be overfilled, you understand? what do you think happens then?

there is no logical way that will not Eventually devalue unskilled jobs if allowed to grow exponentially.

So you just like hyperbole.

That seems like a lot of legal hair splitting and term manipulation that wouldn’t be equally applied equally to other laws. At best their status is questionable
You’re the one splitting hairs. Embarrassingly poorly.

Back
Top Bottom