• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

ESPN on decline?

More Erin Andrews and Amy K. Nelson. Sports and hot chicks go hand in hand. If you need proof, check out subscription numbers of Sports Illustrated the years before the introduction of the swimsuit issue, and the years afterward.

espn lost alot of cred with me with whole lebron james spectacle.

ESPN is awesome during the NFL season.

ESPN is great for college football, but otherwise I think they have expanded themselves in too many directions and sometimes the wrong directions. They give air time to ****ing poker, bowling, pool, cheerleading etc.... but they only have time for a small blurb for MMA which is way more popular of a sport than all of those combined. And it doesn't make sense, because they sometimes show old K-1 kickboxing fights which are just as "brutal" as MMA matches, so I don't know why they have such limited coverage of MMA.

ESPN is great for college football, but otherwise I think they have expanded themselves in too many directions and sometimes the wrong directions. They give air time to ****ing poker, bowling, pool, cheerleading etc.... but they only have time for a small blurb for MMA which is way more popular of a sport than all of those combined. And it doesn't make sense, because they sometimes show old K-1 kickboxing fights which are just as "brutal" as MMA matches, so I don't know why they have such limited coverage of MMA.
I agree with you, I only enjoy watching football and fighting.I used to enjoy basketball.

ESPN hardly shows hockey, and when they do, they do a crap job at it. Therefore I do not watch ESPN. NHL network for this gal.

It probably has something to do with PPV. That killed boxing.

ESPN hardly shows hockey, and when they do, they do a crap job at it. Therefore I do not watch ESPN. NHL network for this gal.

The NHL has the worst Commissioner of all the sports. The deal that they signed to have playoff games on Versus? Give me a break. It's not like they did anything special for the Stanley Cup like other sports' championships. Interviews with the players gives me the impression that they are all given prozac at overdose levels too. I love the NHL but they have image/marketing problems.

I agree with this completely, since EPSN is the only thing we can have on at work there are times when they show nothing but bowling, pool and the like. I rather see MMA coverage (granted I dont watch it) but its alot more interesting.

It probably has something to do with PPV. That killed boxing.

Well Spike airs UFC shows, but the UFC owes a bit of its popularity to Spike being willing to showcase their reality show which made them popular. I figured ESPN would have jumped onto it by now, but they've been very slow and inconsistent in their coverage of UFC events. If there was a PPV the night before, you might catch a highlight from one fight at the very end of sportscenter. Maybe.

Back
Top Bottom