• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

ESPN and the Never Ending OJ Story

Risky Thicket

Sewer Rat
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Arrgggghhhhh! Make it stop. Please! Someone must know someone who works at ESPN. Today is the 5th day in a row ESPN is airing the OJ Simpson rerun that every person in the known world has seen and been exposed to since the first time it aired decades ago. ESPN re-runs the re-run several times a year. This week they have been airing the re-run every feckin day. I'm not joking.

We get it ESPN. We are sick of it. Sick, sick, sick of it.

I have no doubt the US military showed the OJ re-run on a constant loop in Abu Grahib. They probably still show it everyday in Guantanamo. In fact I think we could solve the entire ISIS thing if the US hacked into Middle East television stations and played the OJ re-run until the ISIS people begged us to stop and promised never to do wrong again.

I'd love old NFL re-runs. Re-runs of Monday Night Football with Howard Cosell, Dandy Don Meredith and Frank Gifford would be nice. But no basketball re-runs, the whole damn sport is a re-run. Everything else would be great in place of 5 days - so far - of the OJ re-run. I'll take Cricket, whatever that is, in place of OJ re-runs. Even something as boring as watching poker, which is not a sport, would be better than watching the OJ re-run.

No one thinks the guy is innocent. Stop it, ESPN.

I have not watched it. Though, I could give a **** about something that happened when I was 3.

Isn't this the new, extended 30 for 30 they're showing?

I have not watched it. Though, I could give a **** about something that happened when I was 3.

I expected the ESPN show would be more relevant to someone who didn't experience the time.

Personally, I think it puts the lie to any who claim our time is extraordinary for its racial animosities.

You should definitely watch it if you wernt old enough to remember it.

I just watched it, its about 8 hours without commercials. If you ever wonder about if our country will ever get past racial differences, this documentary shows that answer is a resounding: NO!

Just some of the attitudes still by the people involved are just ugly. Blacks hating OJ because he refuse to be defined by his race, black jurors admitting they acquitted him as "payback for Rodney King", Blacks calling the black prosecutor an Unlce Tom and a nigger and then laughing about it as they recall doing it.

As far as the case goes it happened when I was younger so I didnt pay close attention and I thought there was no way OJ would do it. Looking at the evidence in the documentary there no way he didnt do it. and just an FYI to those who will watch it there are some pretty gruesome crime scene photos.

Last edited:
Incredible production...and with something new in the way of perspective on so many people involved.

Certainly worth a watch.

As for Risky Thicket's complaints...I would suggest buying your next TV with an "off button" or :channel selector." That way, when you come across something you don't like...you can get away from it.

You should definitely watch it if you wernt old enough to remember it.

I just watched it, its about 8 hours without commercials. If you ever wonder about if our country will ever get past racial differences, this documentary shows that answer is a resounding: NO!

Just some of the attitudes still by the people involved are just ugly. Blacks hating OJ because he refuse to be defined by his race, black jurors admitting they acquitted him as "payback for Rodney King", Blacks calling the black prosecutor an Unlce Tom and a nigger and then laughing about it as they recall doing it.

As far as the case goes it happened when I was younger so I didnt pay close attention and I thought there was no way OJ would do it. Looking at the evidence in the documentary there no way he didnt do it. and just an FYI to those who will watch it there are some pretty gruesome crime scene photos.

Same here. At the time, I was 30. I thought, "no way, he's got to be innocent. Drug lords, serial killers, the mob, Clinton...anyone but OJ."

Looking at it today...It's more, "no one but OJ."

Incredible production...and with something new in the way of perspective on so many people involved.

Certainly worth a watch.

As for Risky Thicket's complaints...I would suggest buying your next TV with an "off button" or :channel selector." That way, when you come across something you don't like...you can get away from it.

I watch TV on line. That way I watch only what I want, whenever I want. Broadcast TV is so 20th century.

Back
Top Bottom