• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

ESP, clairvoyance, etc.

MKULTRABOY

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
This is not so much a discussion of these things per se but an invitation to share your experiences. My grandmother, I would qualify as a clairvoyant. She called up the day before sept 11th saying she was praying with her candles (latino catholic) and saw 2 birds crash into two twin candles next to her. It freaked her out and she was certain something awful was going to happen to society. She calls us on occasion during family crises wondering whats going on, etc. etc. without anyone cluing her in (she's in Venezuela we are in the US). I personally experience a great deal of 'esp' -ish (for lack of better terms) phenomena.

What are your experiences with the supernatural human aspect or possible 'skills' you may believe you have?

Will share more as the discussion goes on.

Well, I know I don't have any supernatural powers, if such powers exist.
I tried to develop some, when I was younger.
I had a book about it, mental exercises to do to improve your latent psychic powers, etc.
It didn't work for me, though.

I tend to dream about things that later happen. The problem is, its always mundane stuff and nothing life changing.

What exercises specifically were you trying to do. I hear a good one that comes naturally and can have some benefits is merely attempting to quickly guess who is calling on the phone before you answer it.

I tend to dream about things that later happen. The problem is, its always mundane stuff and nothing life changing.

I tend to recall dreaming about things that are actually happening to me when I was a child. Some of them seem quite real a am not exactly sure what to think of them. Dejavu of somesort?

What exercises specifically were you trying to do. I hear a good one that comes naturally and can have some benefits is merely attempting to quickly guess who is calling on the phone before you answer it.

This was when I was a teenager; I don't remember them all.
There were memory ones.... something about trying to remember forward; in other words, remember the future, instead of the past. That's supposedly how predicting the future works.
There was something about trying to guess which playing card would come up, as you turned over cards in a deck.
Stuff like that.

I occasionally have instances where I think I dreamed something that occured later on.

Nothing major though just small things but where the events were rather unique as not to have occured before

I don't have any "special" abilities, but there are certain people that I am "tuned into". My youngest son (who died in his late adolescence) was the most "tuned in to me" person I've ever known. We both had an uncanny ability to know what the other was thinking about from the time he was a very small child.

Other than that, nothing I would call out of the normal ability, except that I have a decent understanding of human nature, so I can usually predict what people will do before it screws up their lives.:D

I had a dream where I won a huge jackpot in the lottery.
I checked the lottery and the estimated prize was exactly the amount I won in my dream, so I bought a lottery ticket.

My dream was not accurate.

i knew i was going to reply to this thread in a mundane way with a bad joke before i replied to this thread, maybe i am psycho?

Back
Top Bottom