• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Eric Holder Says Edward Snowden performed a public service

Celebrity

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Holder was nothing but a political shill for the President's anti-Constitutional agenda and therefore was not an honorable law enforcement officer as his position required... and Snowden is a traitor. Mind you, that's just my opinion.

Eric Holder, who really wanted to put Edward Snowden in jail, now says he performed a 'public service' The Verge

Yeah, it was a real kick in the behind for US espionage. Remind me again how black ops isn't able to just "extradite" him? Does Snowden still have something Eric Holder wants, or is he trying to craft his own image here in US politics?

The reason black ops can't just extradite him is because he's in Russia under the protection of the Russian government. Although he is a traitor and deserves his fate, he is not worth going to war with Russia.

Eric Holder says nothing worth considering.

Remind me again how black ops isn't able to just "extradite" him?

Because he is in Russia. And because carrying out such an operation on their soil could be construed as an act of war. And war with Russia would be bad.

Holder was nothing but a political shill for the President's anti-Constitutional agenda and therefore was not an honorable law enforcement officer as his position required... and Snowden is a traitor. Mind you, that's just my opinion.

IMHO, Snowden is a hero for exposing the spying that Obama has been doing on not only our allies, but the American people as well. So Obama got embarrassed. Too damn bad. This is something that needed to be outed. We are not the old Soviet Union, and Obama is not a ****ing dictator. We are the United States of America, and what Obama did was horrible. You Republicans spent a lot of time and energy looking for ways to impeach Obama on nothing but conspiracy theories and made up crap. And guess what? You ignored something that Obama really needed to be impeached over. I would have been totally on your side had you done the right thing, and taken Obama to task for the things he really did.

Last edited:
IMHO, Snowden is a hero for exposing the spying that Obama has been doing on not only our allies, but the American people as well. So Obama got embarrassed. Too damn bad. This is something that needed to be outed. We are not the old Soviet Union, and Obama is not a ****ing dictator. We are the United States of America, and what Obama did was horrible. You Republicans spent a lot of time and energy looking for ways to impeach Obama on nothing but conspiracy theories and made up crap. And guess what? You ignored something that Obama really needed to be impeached over. I would have been totally on your side had you done the right thing, and taken Obama to task for the things he really did.

Everybody spies on everybody. And everybody knows that. It's part of life and it's not exactly, in the grand scheme of things, all that bad either.

If innocent people got disappeared over info the NSA thought they had acquired then I'd be upset. But frankly we asked for more security and this is what we're getting, whether we like it or not.

Eric Holder is a liar.

HE rose above his level of incompetence. HE was picked because he was black and because he was a fairly solid mid level DOJ administrator under prior administrations. He would have been OK staying in such positions where he didn't have to be an ultimate policy maker or decider. He is smarter than the Current AG who also was picked due to her race and gender as well

If Trump wins the election Snowden should come home as soon as possible. Obama will give him a pardon, offer an official "apology" by the U.S. government, and have a statue built of him before he leaves office. Snowden won't have a chump like this in charge for the rest of his life. this will be his best opportunity.

If Trump wins the election Snowden should come home as soon as possible. Obama will give him a pardon, offer an official "apology" by the U.S. government, and have a statue built of him before he leaves office. Snowden won't have a chump like this in charge for the rest of his life. this will be his best opportunity.

Trump or Obama is the Chump?

Thread made me think of this. Watch it or not, don't matter to me.

Thanks, I have read up on this but very little info has been shared with me from these kinds of talks. A little bit odd to start the debate off with a question rather than "Resolved: Snowden was not guilty of crimes against the US government and was justified."

Last edited:

Trump isn't the type to give Snowden a warm welcome but Hillary will have Snowden summarily executed in secret.

I agree, why promote a former state department employee to Commander in Chief? She knows too much and can't justify it without revealing state secrets. Edward Snowden is the enemy of people who work for the state department and want to keep their pensions. It's ironic to think that she is also guilty of misplacing classified documents.

Snowed exposed the US government spying on average American citizens. I can't believe people actually think he's a traitor.

HE rose above his level of incompetence. HE was picked because he was black and because he was a fairly solid mid level DOJ administrator under prior administrations. He would have been OK staying in such positions where he didn't have to be an ultimate policy maker or decider. He is smarter than the Current AG who also was picked due to her race and gender as well

Yea, looks like Obama was playing with Dr. Principle's peter again. :mrgreen:

Hang them both.

Traitors.

Hang them both.

Traitors.

You actually want to hang Eric Holder?

t_912accb5_picard_facepalm_705.png

Μολὼν λαβέ;1065913419 said:
Snowed exposed the US government spying on average American citizens. I can't believe people actually think he's a traitor.
He also leaked critical information about the US spying on Germany, G8 summit, China, etc. Did he really need to reveal that we allegedly tapped the German Chancellor's phone?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

It seems a little strange that holder would come out with a comment like this.

It makes me wonder if he meant it as a stab in the back to Obama.

He also leaked critical information about the US spying on Germany, G8 summit, China, etc. Did he really need to reveal that we allegedly tapped the German Chancellor's phone?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Of course he didn't. But he did, that was damaging and so criminal that he cannot be allowed to come to the US without severe punishment. Ever.

Μολὼν λαβέ;1065913419 said:

It goes to show that those people think the government stabbing the American people in the back and violating the 4th amendment is okay.

Back
Top Bottom