• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Eric Holder, IRS officials coached black ministers on how to engage in politics

How much more corruption before Congress acts?

Before CONGRESS ACTS?

You mean one of the most corrupt institutions on the planet, is going to go after corruption?

The institution that cannot even stop it's own members from insider trading?

Fat chance there mate.

Why is this corruption?
“We’re going to, first of all, equip them with the information they need to know about what they can say and what they cannot say in the church that would violate their 501(c)(3) status with the IRS,” said then-CBC chairman Rep. Emanuel Cleaver, a Democrat from Missouri. “In fact, we're going to have the IRS administrator there. We're going to have Attorney General Eric Holder there

That's their job, explaining this stuff to people. When I applied for my 501(c)3 for cat rescue, they offered me advice as well. It wasn Eric Holder but...why is this considered "corruption""?

What corruption?

“We’re going to, first of all, equip them with the information they need to know about what they can say and what they cannot say in the church that would violate their 501(c)(3) status with the IRS,” said then-CBC chairman Rep. Emanuel Cleaver, a Democrat from Missouri. “In fact, we’re going to have the IRS administrator there. We’re going to have Attorney General Eric Holder there…the ACLU.”

You think informing them what they can and can not say/do is wrong?

At worst, you have inappropriateness, not corruption.

More passive aggression on race.
But that is taboo to bring up race on DP.
Just read between the lines and take it 24/7/365.
They're never gonna quit. They amp up more every day.

Oh please...gimme a break...

:lamo

Holder is even more of a whipping boy for the racists than Obama.
It's all about weakening Holder before he goes before the SCOTUS Corruptus over the VRA.
Same playbook as praising PUKIN over their own President, which many of them won't claim.
Before CONGRESS ACTS?

You mean one of the most corrupt institutions on the planet, is going to go after corruption?

The institution that cannot even stop it's own members from insider trading?

Fat chance there mate.

What corruption?

“We’re going to, first of all, equip them with the information they need to know about what they can say and what they cannot say in the church that would violate their 501(c)(3) status with the IRS,” said then-CBC chairman Rep. Emanuel Cleaver, a Democrat from Missouri. “In fact, we’re going to have the IRS administrator there. We’re going to have Attorney General Eric Holder there…the ACLU.”

“[The CBC] had the IRS members there specifically to advise them on how far to go campaigning without violating their tax-exempt status,” George Washington University law professor Jonathan Turley told The Daily Caller

directly conspiring against the law isn't corruption now?

I'll give you the same break I was given yesterday Mr. Passive Agressive.

There's nothing passive about me buddy...I'm a bull in a China shop, ask my wife...

Just internet talk. Your posts prove otherwise.

There's nothing passive about me buddy...I'm a bull in a China shop, ask my wife...

And this is the core of why this country is in such a mess. We no longer have a US government. It's either a Republican government or a Democrat government and their purpose seems to have become nothing more than using the platform of government to encourage votes for their side.

It's true and they'll take whatever means necessary to keep the other out of power

What corruption?

The DoJ and the IRS are responsible to ALL Americans, not just particular chosen segments. If a program like this was set up for, and made available to, all C3's then no problem but if it was designed for and presented to only select groups then it's electioneering.

This is the best description of the conservative mentality on race that I've heard: passive aggressive. Kudos.

More like china in a bull shop. In any case, your OP is a total failure. On a tea partiers would call helping people comply with the law "corruption"

Another reverso-meme from the rightwing noise machine.

The DoJ and the IRS are responsible to ALL Americans, not just particular chosen segments. If a program like this was set up for, and made available to, all C3's then no problem but if it was designed for and presented to only select groups then it's electioneering.

That information has not been presented.
Until then, calling it corruption can not fly.

As the article stated.
“This event was open to all faiths, denominations, colors, creeds, and political affiliations,” Rep. Cleaver told TheDC in a statement. “We were pleased to have leaders from our government provide information on compliance with the law and participation in our electoral system.”

Last edited:
“[The CBC] had the IRS members there specifically to advise them on how far to go campaigning without violating their tax-exempt status,” George Washington University law professor Jonathan Turley told The Daily Caller
directly conspiring against the law isn't corruption now?
One person's opinion does not equate to what actually happened.

Is it, or is it not their responsibility to inform of what is and is not appropriate?

Last edited:
That information has not been presented.
Until then, calling it corruption can not fly.

As the article stated.
“This event was open to all faiths, denominations, colors, creeds, and political affiliations,” Rep. Cleaver told TheDC in a statement. “We were pleased to have leaders from our government provide information on compliance with the law and participation in our electoral system.”

As I'm sure you know, that kind of disclaimer is tagged to the end of every government program but if it was only promoted to certain organizations then it isn't worth spit. For example, I'm in an organization that provides education on various tax topics and while our seminars are open to the public they are only promoted to members of the organization. On rare occasion someone will bring a friend and that's fine but we damned sure aren't promoting this thing to the whole town.

More like china in a bull shop. In any case, your OP is a total failure. On a tea partiers would call helping people comply with the law "corruption"

Another reverso-meme from the rightwing noise machine.

Liberals do usually get things ass backward..

One person's opinion does not equate to what actually happened.

Is it, or is it not their responsibility to inform of what is and is not appropriate?

Informing them of what's appropriate vs. telling them how to circumvent the legalese are two separate issues entirely...

As I'm sure you know, that kind of disclaimer is tagged to the end of every government program but if it was only promoted to certain organizations then it isn't worth spit. For example, I'm in an organization that provides education on various tax topics and while our seminars are open to the public they are only promoted to members of the organization. On rare occasion someone will bring a friend and that's fine but we damned sure aren't promoting this thing to the whole town.

That may be. But again back to the actual topic.
No valid information has been provided to say it is corruption.
Only claims to the contrary.

Which if I am not wrong, you realized by saying "if".

Informing them of what's appropriate vs. telling them how to circumvent the legalese are two separate issues entirely...

The two are not mutually exclusive, or violations.
Telling them what is appropriate, allows them to circumvent illegality.

What corruption?

You may see this as corruptions but under reasonableness argument this fall under explanation of rules and regulation...i.e...things you can and Can not do according the laws and regulation

Diving Mullah

Back
Top Bottom