• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Eric Adams rips BLM, anti-cop activists after night of NYC shootings

PoS

Minister of Love
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
I don't think all BLM members should be painted with such a broad brush as many of them are also community workers fighting against black on black crime but this statement is spot on and I couldn't agree more

The mayor said those who protest against police brutality should also acknowledge the scourge of gun violence.

New York City.

All one can do is to shake one's head -- and keep away from that horrible, horrible, horrible place.

It needs another Mayor Giuliani to clean it up.

But in 2022, the courts will not allow stop & frisk.

A shame!

Uh oh, the libs arent gonna like him going off-script.

Mayors "point" is seems just fine by me but Im an independent and Im not really familiar with the man
seems to me this is just a mayor that wants people to focus on a variety of things that he thinks are an issue but it also factually proves he has no clue what BLM is. So like a shit ton of people and politicians who are undeducted on a specific topic he'll have to improve his message.
I have no idea how anybody would assume this has anything to do with the "libs" though that's just stupid

New York City.

All one can do is to shake one's head -- and keep away from that horrible, horrible, horrible place.

A shame!
Stop and frisk had to be stopped because it really did not work and it violated the 4th amendment and was declared unconstitutional. Even with stop and frisk doubt this perp would have been stopped. If they were to use it properly (probable cause) it would be accepted by many but they just haphazardly just stopped people for no reason walking to a ****en subway going to work and if they were stopped and INNOCENT their names went into a database making them appear to be criminals and that database was never cleaned up

Annual Stop-and-Frisk Numbers:​

An analysis by the NYCLU revealed that innocent New Yorkers have been subjected to police stops and street interrogations more than 5 million times since 2002, and that Black and Latinx communities continue to be the overwhelming target of these tactics. At the height of stop-and-frisk in 2011 under the Bloomberg administration, over 685,000 people were stopped. Nearly 9 out of 10 stopped-and-frisked New Yorkers have been completely innocent.

READ THE 2019 REPORT

NYPD ‘Stop and Frisk’ Declared Unconstitutional
NYPD
In recent months, Manhattan Federal Court Judge Shira Scheindlin has been at the forefront of the debate on New York City’s ‘Stop and Frisk’ policy, ruling the practice unconstitutional under the Fourth Amendment protection against unreasonable search and seizure. Judge Scheindlin’s 195 page decision on August 12th found that senior officials in the city and the NYPD were acting purposely indifferent to police officers conducting unconstitutional ‘Stops and Frisks’. She claimed that for much of the last decade, patrol officers had stopped innocent people without any reason to suspect them of wrongdoing. In 2012, 685,000 ‘Stop and Frisks’ were executed with the majority of recipients being Black or Latino. Her ruling established that such practice amounts to "indirect racial profiling" by targeting Blacks and Latino disproportionate to their populations and this results in a violation of the 14th Amendments “Equal Protection Clause”.

STOP-AND-FRISK NEVER REALLY ENDED. NOW IT’S GONE DIGITAL.

A federal class-action lawsuit accuses New York police of unconstitutionally detaining people in order to run their IDs.

Mayors "point" is seems just fine by me but Im an independent and Im not really familiar with the man
seems to me this is just a mayor that wants people to focus on a variety of things that he thinks are an issue but it also factually proves he has no clue what BLM is. So like a shit ton of people and politicians who are undeducted on a specific topic he'll have to improve his message.
I have no idea how anybody would assume this has anything to do with the "libs" though that's just stupid
I like Mayor Adams but I agree with your opinion (See my post# 4)

I don't think all BLM members should be painted with such a broad brush as many of them are also community workers fighting against black on black crime but this statement is spot on and I couldn't agree more

The mayor said those who protest against police brutality should also acknowledge the scourge of gun violence.

I'm a lib and he's right.
No he's not, because BLM is about cops murdering and harrassing black people, and his comment is a stupid deflection to pointing out black people getting killed in other situations. It's some bullshit deflection I would expect from some white republican asshole. He's probably just pandering to the NYPD.

Black people being murdered has nothing to do with cops harrassing and killing black people. In fact, that type of anger at the racist system and being oppressed probably doesn't help having so many black people turning to crime to get by

And its stupid, organizations have focus, and BLM is against police brutality, that's it. but others say they should take up other causes? Is that said about every organizations? There are other organizations focused on improving the lives of African Americans and trying to reduce gang violence. that's not BLM's focus, they are just fighting one of the systemic racist bullshit that leads to that violence and crime

Last edited:
He says, according to the article "that those who protest against police brutality should also acknowledge the scourge of gun violence." It goes on to give one quote: “The lives of these black children that are dying every night matter,” Adams said. “We can’t be hypocrites.”

On what evidence does he base his assertion that those protesting police brutality are not aware of the scourge of gun violence? It seems to me it is quite the opposite. On the other side we have those who are fine with police brutality and tolerate gun violence just fine - "the price we pay for freedom" they like to say.

He's just trying to change the subject. His billion dollar police budget and police constantly swarming the subways couldn't stop this shooting, but BLM is the problem.

He's Black and I'm not so I'm going to defer to him because I think he has a point.

Stop and frisk had to be stopped because it really did not work and it violated the 4th amendment and was declared unconstitutional. Even with stop and frisk doubt this perp would have been stopped. If they were to use it properly (probable cause) it would be accepted by many but they just haphazardly just stopped people for no reason walking to a ****en subway going to work and if they were stopped and INNOCENT their names went into a database making them appear to be criminals and that database was never cleaned up

Annual Stop-and-Frisk Numbers:​

An analysis by the NYCLU revealed that innocent New Yorkers have been subjected to police stops and street interrogations more than 5 million times since 2002, and that Black and Latinx communities continue to be the overwhelming target of these tactics. At the height of stop-and-frisk in 2011 under the Bloomberg administration, over 685,000 people were stopped. Nearly 9 out of 10 stopped-and-frisked New Yorkers have been completely innocent.

READ THE 2019 REPORT

NYPD ‘Stop and Frisk’ Declared Unconstitutional
NYPD
In recent months, Manhattan Federal Court Judge Shira Scheindlin has been at the forefront of the debate on New York City’s ‘Stop and Frisk’ policy, ruling the practice unconstitutional under the Fourth Amendment protection against unreasonable search and seizure. Judge Scheindlin’s 195 page decision on August 12th found that senior officials in the city and the NYPD were acting purposely indifferent to police officers conducting unconstitutional ‘Stops and Frisks’. She claimed that for much of the last decade, patrol officers had stopped innocent people without any reason to suspect them of wrongdoing. In 2012, 685,000 ‘Stop and Frisks’ were executed with the majority of recipients being Black or Latino. Her ruling established that such practice amounts to "indirect racial profiling" by targeting Blacks and Latino disproportionate to their populations and this results in a violation of the 14th Amendments “Equal Protection Clause”.

Thank you for your thoughtful reply.

It is really an intractable problem.

Most violent crime in our large cities (such as here in Los Angeles) is committed by young gentlemen of two certain ethnicities. So stop & frisk is bound to catch in its grasp some or even many innocent young gentlemen.

You mentioned the 4th Amendment. Maybe that is why the Los Angeles Police Department has just ordered its officers to avoid stopping drivers unless they really have a good reason to do so.

Personally, I feel there is no way to really stop violent crime, which will no doubt get even worse in the coming decades as the country continues its inexorable population change, so people will just have to take their chances when they step outside.

Have a nice weekend!

Thank you for your thoughtful reply.

It is really an intractable problem.

Most violent crime in our large cities (such as here in Los Angeles) is committed by young gentlemen of two certain ethnicities. So stop & frisk is bound to catch in its grasp some or even many innocent young gentlemen.

You mentioned the 4th Amendment. Maybe that is why the Los Angeles Police Department has just ordered its officers to avoid stopping drivers unless they really have a good reason to do so.

Personally, I feel there is no way to really stop violent crime, which will no doubt get even worse in the coming decades as the country continues its inexorable population change, so people will just have to take their chances when they step outside.

Have a nice weekend!
There is no way to stop violent crime because we are a warrior race. Look back on our history of wars, genocides, persecutions, military drafts, serial killers, mass murderers, gulags, chain gangs, slavery (people forget that people of all races have been made slaves).

We can't stop it but it does rise and fall depending on how tough times are and how well a nation copes with the problem.

Pretty sure they do. Most of those killed by cops are killed by guns. And isn’t it the left trying to take all the guns away? Because of gun violence?

We can't stop it but it does rise and fall depending on how tough times are and how well a nation copes with the problem.
When Japan had that horrible tsunami some years back, the whole world could not believe reports that there was absolutely NO looting.

Everyone continued to be law-abiding and just decent human beings amidst the chaos.

Some people were not astonished. They replied, "Well, the Japanese are civilized."

When Japan had that horrible tsunami some years back, the whole world could not believe reports that there was absolutely NO looting.

Everyone continued to be law-abiding and just decent human beings amidst the chaos.

Some people were not astonished. They replied, "Well, the Japanese are civilized."
That was a natural disaster. We don't get a lot of looting after natural disasters here either. Our violence is politically, socially and racially motivated. Japan is a basically a homegenous nation and escapes those internal conflicts.

One problem is the basic New York Post incendiary headline.

This guys a dirtbag. Did you see him politicizing the NYPD's work in the subway shooting? "We got him, we got him."

1 term mayor
I got that. It was BS. The guy turned himself in.

Japan is a basically a homegenous nation and escapes those internal conflicts.
Yes.

Hear tell people can walk down the street even at midnight without fear.

No wonder very few Japanese are interested in emigrating to this nation.

(I worry about a Japanese princess who has renounced her title and lives in -- New York City!!! And she was shown actually walking on the sidewalk without security!!! It's dangerous for Asian people in the Rotten Apple because many have been attacked by dreadful individuals. A few have even died of their injuries.)

He says, according to the article "that those who protest against police brutality should also acknowledge the scourge of gun violence." It goes on to give one quote: “The lives of these black children that are dying every night matter,” Adams said. “We can’t be hypocrites.”

On what evidence does he base his assertion that those protesting police brutality are not aware of the scourge of gun violence? It seems to me it is quite the opposite. On the other side we have those who are fine with police brutality and tolerate gun violence just fine - "the price we pay for freedom" they like to say.

He's just trying to change the subject. His billion dollar police budget and police constantly swarming the subways couldn't stop this shooting, but BLM is the problem.

He didn't say BLM activists weren't aware of gun violence, he said they don't acknowledge it. And they don't. He also didn't say BLM is the problem.

Misharacterization and strawmen are clearly the hallmarks of your posts.

New York City.

A shame!

Yeah I'm sure you'd have no problem with them stopping and frisking you, either, would you? What's good for the goose, and all that.

Back
Top Bottom