• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Eric Adams down on bitcoin bets he invested paychecks in

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

The mayor earns $258,750 per year — or about $5,900 per biweekly check, after taxes but before other credits or deductions.

SEE ALSO​

Eric Adams Bitcoin

Eric Adams to take first three paychecks as mayor in bitcoin​

He made the Jan. 21 purchase through a direct deposit to Coinbase, a publicly-traded crypto exchange, City Hall said at the time.

Bitcoin is down about 18 percent since the start of the year. Ethereum is down an eye-watering 31 percent. But it’s been a volatile few months, with sharp ups and downs, and Adams’ first purchase in January came when coin prices were very low — so even as he lost money on his next two purchases, his early gains partially offset those later losses.
===================================================
The last place I want to put my money is into crypto currency.

The mayor earns $258,750 per year — or about $5,900 per biweekly check, after taxes but before other credits or deductions.

SEE ALSO​

===================================================
The last place I want to put my money is into crypto currency.
Well don't. No one is strong arming you!

Back
Top Bottom