• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Equifax did not lose our data, the data was prepackaged and sold

Celebrity

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Companies have been collecting information on me, publicly and privately for about as long as I have been alive. Some metadata from my childhood prior to my connection to the rest of the world via the internet was likely recorded somewhere by my parents. As long as the data exists, it can be modified or transferred. If it has already been transferred to a server, then it is not unlikely that it could have combined some data into a package, such as an electronic signature on one document with the submission of a separate web form which contained impersonal yet highly specific data.

Since it is possible that the data was transferred, and because companies who collect data and perform services for free have an incentive to generate revenue in some way, perhaps Equifax is simply an unwitting coverup for the actions of private companies which conspired to trade our information.

The hack on Equifax has not yet resulted in any real sanctions or actions to recover the trust of the public. Perhaps they are in on it. There is so much data flowing out of our personal computers and onto the web, that it is highly possible that it was harvested onto a private server.

Perhaps Equifax is the coverup for businesses exchanging data illicitly, which in turn is the coverup for some wholly criminal enterprise exchanging data. I mean that the illicit exchange was intercepted, although at that point even a legitimate businessperson would become a criminal upon involvement in the transaction (or by association in conspiracy).

It is almost certainly sheer incompetence.

Back
Top Bottom