• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Enviros fight green project

F

FireUltra 98

I love stories like these . . "we don't care if the project will reduce fossil fuel emissions, don't touch our mountain". They fight themselves.

Environmentalists in Italy fight a 'green' project

By Elisabeth Rosenthal International Herald Tribune
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 30, 2005

VENAUS, Italy
Volunteers at this makeshift guard post serve as an early warning system charged with detecting the arrival of railroad construction crews for a pan-European high-speed freight line, a project that environmental groups and residents say will create unfathomable environmental damage here.

Venaus lies at a crucial link in a long-planned freight transport system that is intended to connect Western and Eastern Europe. A line stretching from Barcelona to Kiev is to be the latest axis in a European high-speed rail network, known in Italian as the Treno ad Alta Velocità, or TAV.
http://www.iht.com/articles/2005/11/30/news/train.php

Last edited by a moderator:
[MOD MODE]

Per Forum Rules, please do not post entire articles. Proper format is to paraphrase the contents of an article and/or post relevant excerpts and then link to the rest.

8. Copyrighted Material - All material posted from copyrighted material MUST contain a link to the original work.
Please do not post entire articles. Proper format is to paraphrase the contents of an article and/or post relevant excerpts and then link to the rest. Best bet is to always reference the original source.
Title 17, Chapter 1, Section 107 http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.html
[/MOD MODE]

Oh no! Moon pied again. Thanks Moonie, I'll remember that . . . you can go back to sleep now.

Last edited:
I've already been hand-slapped by another mod on another thread, so no need to retaliate and break any rules by lashing out at non-mod members Moonie:mrgreen: Reading the threads in which I seemingly violated the rules, one will notice I posted them close together and before my first notice/warning/threat.

So I can post 1/2, 2/3 or even 7/8 of an article and post the source but not the whole article and provide the source. Because I've seen plenty of the former and I did post the original sources on both of my threads which got your and RightNYU's pant . . . I mean, err . . broke the rules.:mrgreen:

C'mon, we can get along . . we're all supposedly on the same side politically (tongue in cheek)? Alright, I'm done . . . good night gents.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom