• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Environmentalism is now primarily about stifling basic human aspiration

And that's the main problem with eco-mentalists..They are all ready to talk, shout, and protest because it's a hypothetical to them. It's safe to rage against fossil fuels, big oil, and corporations and their machinations that nobody can really do without because nobody can do without them.. Sure they talk a good game, but they don't have to live a life without those things. The best they will do is perhaps "limit" themselves so they feel better. But as soon as they do, they have to go and tell everybody using the internet and driving their car, going to coffee shops owned by huge corporations and hanging out with other like-minded people and talk about how small their carbon footprint is and how evil corporations are.. Starbucks has made billions off them,and made billions more since they adopted their "green" public image..

A fine example... John Travolta, a good actor who doesn't stop being an actor ever. He has his own fully functional airstrip at his house, flies himself all over the planet on a whim in either his 707 or smaller private jet, or even his smaller cesna, and yet drives a prius to the hollywood awards ceremonies and talks about "saving the planet"... Don't you think his jumbo jet trips hauling just himself and family about, does more harm than any car he could drive?

But like most warmers, he's about how something looks more than how it actually is..

You do realize that there are no hybrid airplanes, right?

Why can't someone be a racing fan and an environmentalist? Your false mutual exclusivity is a pathetic attempt at politically driven demonization.

Fwiw, the brand "Newman's Own" is organic and donates all profits to children's charities.

I couldnt care less about your attempted political smearing frankly . Dont get me wrong Newman was a great guy and I was always fan of his , but the moral pretentiousness and hypocrisy here is quite comical :lol:

I couldnt care less about your attempted political smearing frankly . Dont get me wrong Newman was a great guy and I was always fan of his , but the moral pretentiousness and hypocrisy here is quite comical :lol:

There is no hypocrisy in enjoying racing as well as being an environmentalist. You seem to have an idea that an environmentalist must behave like some sort of partisan robot, repeating the talking points and wearing the uniform. That assessment is your own shortcoming. Your misconception seems to be based in absolutism. I probably don't need to explain the stupidity of absolutism.

There is no hypocrisy in enjoying racing as well as being an environmentalist. You seem to have an idea that an environmentalist must behave like some sort of partisan robot, repeating the talking points and wearing the uniform. That assessment is your own shortcoming. Your misconception seems to be based in absolutism. I probably don't need to explain the stupidity of absolutism.

So you dont see the conflict of driving a Prius yet owning a racing team ? Its a bit like a person claiming to be wildlife conservationist but who also likes to do a bit of Rhino hunting in their spare time ! :lamo

So you dont see the conflict of driving a Prius yet owning a racing team ?

Not at all. Everyone has personal interests. Those interests do not prevent someone from being environmentally oriented.

Its a bit like a person claiming to be wildlife conservationist but who also likes to do a bit of Rhino hunting in their spare time ! :lamo

Nonsense.

This BS position you present is no different than someone expecting Christians to give away all their money and live in shacks. You have created a 100% compliance requirement for a movement you don't even understand - typical.

Not at all. Everyone has personal interests. Those interests do not deter someone from being environmentally oriented.

Nonsense.

This BS position you present is no different than someone expecting Christians to give away all their money and live in shacks. You have created a 100% compliance requirement for a movement you don't even understand - typical.

Oh I understand all right. The Prius was doubtless his public display of moral superiority. For looking good at awards ceremonies and the like. He was no worse than many of the other pretentious Hollywood poseurs who do the same yet have a garage filled with gas guzzling automotive exotica at home. Newmans was perhaps the most extreme example of this though

You do realize that there are no hybrid airplanes, right?

LOL, and you do realize that flying yourself and a few friends or family around in a private 707, is a far less efficient use of fuel than flying in a commercial flight with a hundred or more others?

Dude, are you seriously telling me, you don't see the problem?

LOL, and you do realize that flying yourself and a few friends or family around in a private 707, is a far less efficient use of fuel than flying in a commercial flight with a hundred or more others?

Dude, are you seriously telling me, you don't see the problem?

Why do you expect environmentalists to give up their interests? It's possible to own an airplane and still be an environmentalist.

Oh I understand all right. The Prius was doubtless his public display of moral superiority. For looking good at awards ceremonies and the like. He was no worse than many of the other pretentious Hollywood poseurs who do the same yet have a garage filled with gas guzzling automotive exotica at home. Newmans was perhaps the most extreme example of this though

Moral superiority? Perhaps this strange idea, along with the absolutism, is the cause of your misconception.

Acknowlegment of such obvious hypocrisy is no 'misconception' :roll:

Oh, please. 100% compliance, and the rejection of all personal interests, is not a requirement of environmentalism. Your BS position is no different than expecting 100% compliance and action from any other group. And guess what? That's NEVER the case. Environmentalists have various interests that need not become secondary to their worldview - deal with it.

Oh... and why do you employ this BS absolutism? To demonize.

Perhaps you shouldn't worry so much about "moral superiority" and should, instead, educate yourself regarding the movement.

Last edited:
Oh, please. 100% compliance, and the rejection of all personal interests, is not a requirement for environmentalism. Your BS position is no different than expecting 100% compliance and action from any other group. And guess what? That's NEVER the case. Environmentalists have various interests that need not become secondary to their worldview - deal with it.

Oh... and why do you employ this BS absolutism? To demonize.

So you really cant see the environmental hypocrisy of driving a Prius yet owning a race team ? Fair enough :D

So you really cant see the environmental hypocrisy of driving a Prius yet owning a race team ? Fair enough :D

It no different than the "hypocrisy" of a Christian owning anything. If your position was reality, there would be no environmental movement - or any other movement for that matter. But hey, if it makes you feel better, if it removes some of that sting from their "moral superiority" to invent a BS position and hold people to impossible standards, well... whatever makes you feel better. I'm thankful that the only people setting amazingly stupid standards, such as your own, are insignificant cults.

Over here in reality, we realize that people within the environmental movement have various interests and they are free to explore those while maintaining an environmentally oriented outlook. If you're looking for iron-fist enforcement of ideals, you'll need to look elsewhere.

Last edited:
It no different than the "hypocrisy" of a Christian owning anything. If your position was reality, there would be no environmental movement - or any other movement for that matter. But hey, if it makes you feel better, if it removes some of that sting from their "moral superiority" to invent a BS position and hold people to impossible standards, well... whatever makes you feel better.

Over here in reality, we realize that people within the environmental movement have various interests and they are free to explore those while maintaining an environmentally oriented outlook.

So these bona fide environmentalist people who drive Priuses yet own something that produces more pollution and emissions than a small town. Thats quite OK if its their hobby and you assert this is no conflict with their alleged environmentalism right ? :lol:

So these bona fide environmentalist people who deive Priuses yet own something that produces more pollution and emissions than a small town. Thats quite OK if its their hobby and you claim this is no conflict with their alleged environmentalism right ? :lol:

For all you know, such people planted enough forests to make up for it. Or they created an organic brand of products. Or they made an environmental movie. Or they're vegetarian. There are many things that cause pollution, and many ways to mitigate pollution. You've got some nerve calling someone a hypocrite when they've done more for the environment than you've ever thought of.

And the fact remains, someone does not need to be a vegetarian to be an environmentalist. One need not buy organic food, or drive a hybrid or anything else to be an environmentalist. One need not conduct agricultural research in the developing world. One need not volunteer for community organizations. One is, in fact, free to do any number of things within the movement. And, perhaps most importantly, one is still allowed to support racing or any other endeavor.

Environmentalism is not a cult requiring absolute compliance. It is a movement made of people from various backgrounds, various means and of various interests. You seem to have no understanding of the movement whatsoever and have, instead of becoming educated, decided to create an unrealistic set of standards by which to judge others.

Your position is no different than the guy who claims that someone cannot be a Christian and own property.

For all you know, such people planted enough forests to make up for it. Or they created an organic brand of products. Or they made an environmental movie. Or they're vegetarian. There are many things that cause pollution, and many ways to mitigate pollution. You've got some nerve calling someone a hypocrite when they've done more for the environment than you've ever thought of.

And the fact remains, someone does not need to be a vegetarian to be an environmentalist. One need not buy organic food, or drive a hybrid or anything else to be an environmentalist. One need not conduct agricultural research in the developing world. One need not volunteer for community organizations. One is, in fact, free to do any number of things within the movement. And, perhaps most importantly, one is still allowed to support racing or any other endeavor.

Environmentalism is not a cult requiring absolute compliance. It is a movement made of people from various backgrounds, various means and of various interests. You seem to have no understanding of the movement whatsoever and have, instead of becoming educated, decided to create an unrealistic set of standards by which to judge others.

Your position is no different than the guy who claims that someone cannot be a Christian and own property.

Someone who as the owner of a race team is ultimately responsible for hundreds of times the emissions of the average individual yet thinks he can then advertise his green credentials by driving a Prius is a hypocrite plain and simple :roll:

Someone who as the owner of a race team is ultimately responsible for hundreds of times the emissions of the average individual yet thinks he can then advertise his green credentials by driving a Prius is a hypocrite plain and simple :roll:

His organic line of products easily makes up for the emissions of his race team. Even if he didn't make up for it, he is still free to pursue his interests. The environmental movement is not about one event or one source of pollution, it's about changing ones worldview.

Until you understand the bigger picture, such BS claims of hypocrisy may be your only glimpse into the movement you obviously understand nothing about. Sad.

His organic line of products easily makes up for the emissions of his race team. Even if he didn't make up for it, he is still free to pursue his interests.
Is that sort of like the 'dont do as I do but do as I say' thing right ?

The environmental movement is not about one event or one source of pollution, it's about changing ones worldview.

A worldview where you deem it OK for this wealthy guys hobby to pollute big time as long as he exhibits the pretence of being concerned for the environment by using his Prius. And you see no logical disconnect here ? .... uh huh

Until you understand the bigger picture, such BS claims of hypocrisy may be your only glimpse into the movement you obviously understand nothing about. Sad

Ever heard the phrase 'once you have gotten into a hole you cant get out of ,stop digging' . You are trying to defend the patently indefensible here

Is that sort of like the 'dont do as I do but do as I say' thing right ?

Not at all.

A worldview where you deem it OK for this wealthy guys hobby to pollute big time as long as he exhibits the pretence of being concerned for the environment by using his Prius. And you see no logical disconnect here ? .... uh huh

You're ignoring that Newman did many tremendous things for the environment. Owning a race team does not negate those things.

Ever heard the phrase 'once you have gotten into a hole you cant get out of ,stop digging' . You are trying to defend the patently indefensible here

No, you are trying to demonize an entire movement of people by stipulating stupid standards and raving about not being "perfect". You are the one with an indefensible position.

Your BS position is myopic and ignorant.

You're ignoring that Newman did many tremendous things for the environment. Owning a race team does not negate those things.

Whatever he did it would have had a whole lot more crediblity if he hadnt owned a massively polluting race team in the first place though dont you think ?

No, you are trying to demonize an entire movement of people by stipulating stupid standards and raving about not being "perfect". You are the one with an indefensible position.
No I'm pointing out the monumental environmental hypocrisy of one celebrity individual. There are doubtless many others

Your BS position is myopic and ignorant

I'm happy to let others be the judge of that

Last edited:
Whatever he did it would have had a whole lot more crediblity if he hadnt owned a race team in the first place though

That's stupid. No one judges him for having a race team except hypocritical, judgmental and ignorant people.

No I'm pointing out the monumental environmental hypocrisy of one celebrity individual. There are doubtless many others

By your stupid standards, everyone is a hypocrite because no one follows any idea or movement 100%. It's about effort and understanding, not perfection or self sacrifice.

I'm happy to let others be the judge of that

Like I care.

I'm an environmentalist and I say it's ok. You, as an outsider, have an opinion that means nothing and is made worse by your BS judgmental double-standard founded in a desire to demonize a movement. Your position is so small-minded and ignorant as to be laughable. Honestly, I would expect only small children to be swayed by your demonization.

Why do you expect environmentalists to give up their interests? It's possible to own an airplane and still be an environmentalist.

Your double standard is not surprising.. We aren't talking about a hobby like stamp collecting, or even flying a cessna. The man has several jets dude, one a luxury 707. A plane designed to carry hundreds, he uses to fly himself or family around.. It's a retarded and extreme extravagance that denies his driving a prius and and environmental BS..

As I said you double standard not a surprise. It only confirms the marked dissociation of reality suffered from so many warmers here.. Thanks for confirming it..

Your double standard is not surprising.. We aren't talking about a hobby like stamp collecting, or even flying a cessna. The man has several jets dude, one a luxury 707. A plane designed to carry hundreds, he uses to fly himself or family around.. It's a retarded and extreme extravagance that denies his driving a prius and and environmental BS..

He can own jets, fly around, and still support the environmental movement. No one cares about your demands for ideological perfection, not even environmentalists. Go demand perfection from your own group, leave others alone to live like normal people.

As I said you double standard not a surprise. It only confirms the marked dissociation of reality suffered from so many warmers here.. Thanks for confirming it..

Spare me.

That's stupid. No one judges him for having a race team except hypocritical, judgmental and ignorant people.

Pointing out the guy owns a race team yet poses as an environmentalist is a statement of fact nothing more.

By your stupid standards, everyone is a hypocrite because no one follows any idea or movement 100%. It's about effort and understanding, not perfection or self sacrifice.
I'd say owning a race team yet posing as an environmentalist is a good deal less than 100% conformity with the accepted environmental mantra as the vast majority of people (excepting yourself) would understand it :lol:

I'm an environmentalist and I say it's ok. You, as an outsider, have an opinion that means nothing and is made worse by your BS judgmental double-standard founded in a desire to demonize a movement

No there was no implied double standard . I was commenting on the hypocrisy of one celebrity individual

Your position is so small-minded and ignorant as to be laughable. Honestly, I would expect only small children to be swayed by your demonization

Well best you just contnue digging then ? :roll:

Well best you just contnue digging then ? :roll:

You're hating on someone for owning a race team when he has done millions of dollars of environmental work. That's stupid. Even if he had not done more for the environment than 99.9% of people, it's ok for an environmentalist to own a race team.

Go impose your dumbass standards on your own group and let others live normal lives, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom