• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Enough with the racist accusations

It seems that both sides (although more often from the left) that the accusation of being a racist is thrown around relentlessly in hopes that it will stick. Not only is it inaccurate 99% of the time, it's awfully close to being the lowest form of debate.

I despise pretty much everything about President Obama concerning his policies, beliefs and agenda, but it has absolutely nothing to do with the color of his skin. I would despise anyone who shares the same beliefs if their skin was black, brown, yellow, green, purple or white.

Black on black crime is a serious problem in this country. The "black community" in inner cities (and in rural areas as well - I live in the deep south) is a mess. From the high percentage of single mothers, piss poor schools, rampant crime and drug and alcohol abuse, we need to look toward solutions rather than calling someone a racist because they are pointing these problems out. Poor white communities have the same problems, but it is far more prevalent in the black communities. The fact that I'm white has nothing to do with these facts.

From the mainstream liberal media (see MSNBC and CNN as prime examples), we saw purposeful editing and assumptions/opinions touted as fact in the Zimmerman/Martin shooting. An incident that never should have happened was stoked and mistakes were made everywhere in the media. Members of the media, along with the usual suspects of race-baiters like Al Sharpton (who ironically is now a member of the liberal MSM) spread lies and misinformation without having anywhere remotely close to even half the facts. Did we not learn from the Tawana Brawley case? But don't stand up for actual justice (you know, the investigation and the judicial system to play itself out if the facts call for it) or you will be labeled a racist. Martin was portrayed as a "good kid", even though he was suspended from school at the time for drugs (in which he would have been in school and this never would have happened). The media showed a picture of him from years earlier rather than a more recent picture of him to aid in their attempt to spin the story in their direction. But don;t dare point that out or you'll be labeled a racist.

Enough already!

True racism exists today and it always will. It exists in whites, blacks, hispanics, muslims, jews and every other race you can think of. Just because whites started the KKK doesn't mean that every white person is a racist. Just because blacks started the Black Panthers and the New Black Panthers doesn't mean that every black person is a racist. Just because someone supports either Israel or Palestine doesn't mean that they are a racist. But when the MSM tries to turn something into a racist situation when the facts don't support it, who is more guilty of racism?

So to those who like to throw around the label "racist" at the drop of a hat, the problem isn't the ones you are labeling a 'racist' with no evidence, it's you. I know what racism looks like. I know what racism can do. Calling someone you do not know a racist just because they have a different opinion of what our President should do or having a "wait and see" approach for the facts to come out in a shooting where the media should be sued for flat out lying and putting innocent people's lives and safety at stake, is pathetic.

Why should anybody take what somebody says about racism who is 'very conservative' and lives in the deep south seriously? It's the new approach for you folks, isn't it? Accusing anybody who points out racism as 'playing the race card'.

In fact, much of the Conservative opposition to Obama is fueled by good old fashioned racism. Hell, a good percentage of the Republican Party think he's a Muslim and another part think he's the anti-christ

Your attempt to label all racism as equal is laughable. Let me know when blacks take over the political structure of a dozen states and impose Jim Crow laws.

Why is it ok for you to disregard someone and discriminate based on their political philosophy and location? Discrimination is the heart of racism, and your discrimination against a southern conservative is akin to someone that discriminates against another person due the color of their skin or nation of origin. I think Hugh was spot on.

This is the first time that I have responded to a blog here at DP. So that alone should say something considering how long I've been here. But I believe that Hugh was "spot on" also. I am really getting tired of the racist label being applied to me just because I do not like Obama or because I believe Zimmerman acted in self defense based on the evidence available to me (never mind the fact that me and zimmerman are not of the same race...if you can figure out why I'm racist for defending a man not of my race let me know please). The term IS used far more and far more inappropriately for anyone with a brain to consider it seriously any more imo.

Wiggen, let me provide you with some facts.

I moved to the Gulf Coast in 2008. I spent the first 36 years of my life living in the midwest, so I'm not the "typical southern conservative" that you portrayed me to be. I'm also not "very conservative" at all. I'm fiscally conservative, I believe in a much smaller federal government and I'm a huge proponet of personal responsibility. I'm very liberal on most social issues and I'm more of a Libertarian than I am a Republican, although I belong to no party.

It's no wonder that you missed the point of the message. Both sides do it and I called both out on it. But because you thought I was "very conservative", your partisanship (inability to see anything through your **** covered glasses) blinded you from the truth. But I applaud you for following your playbook of shooting the messenger and ignoring the message. Well done.

Kal'Stang;bt1462 said:
This is the first time that I have responded to a blog here at DP. So that alone should say something considering how long I've been here. But I believe that Hugh was "spot on" also. I am really getting tired of the racist label being applied to me just because I do not like Obama or because I believe Zimmerman acted in self defense based on the evidence available to me (never mind the fact that me and zimmerman are not of the same race...if you can figure out why I'm racist for defending a man not of my race let me know please). The term IS used far more and far more inappropriately for anyone with a brain to consider it seriously any more imo.

I feel the same way. In fact I was DIRECTLY accused of racism because of my avatar. As Hugh said, I don't care if the president was lime green, anyone with his beliefs and behaviors I would dislike as much as physically possible.

What people hate is the fact that I can turn that around on them. If they hated Bush, it must be racism against white people. They hated him because he was white. Wait, there is no such thing as racism against whites?

Hugh - nice try, but I'm not buying it. I find it interesting that conservatives are so concerned about false charges of racism. It would have been nice if they'd been as concerned about racism itself. Still, I suppose that's too much to ask for.

Anybody who doesn't think a signficant part of the opposition to Obama is based on his race is simply deluded. In most of the deep south, Obama's mother wouldn't have been allowed to marry his father. It's only during his lifetime that southern universities decided to admit their black citizens. The disgusting rebel flag is still waived and displayed proudly, as though it stood for something noble.

So as I said, I take everything said by conservatives who live in the deep south with a boulder of salt when it comes to racism. With all due respect, you don't get a vote on this.

And I can't believe that somebody actually posts complaining about racism against white people. Laughable when compared to the vile racist history of parts of this country.

Last edited:
Wiggen - not letting the truth stand in his way of spreading lies since 6/18/11 (and most likely long, long before that).

You'll have to explain to me what was untruthful about my posting. But that is the answer I would have expected from somebody who refuses to recoginze the evil history of his beloved 'deep south' and still continues to belittle examples of racism today. Kind of SOP for Conservatives.

Of course, you could always ban me or give me an infraction for calling BS on your post. It wouldn't be the first time.

This is excellent proof of what I have been saying for a long time now - the radical right wing wants to eliminate the mention of RACISM or RACISTS in public discussion. They feel it damages them since it is nearly always that they are accused of it and they feel they cannot win. At the same time, the party of conservatives - the GOP - has swung further to the right and has embraced racist political positions and this is just a slimey and despicable tactic to inoculate themselves from the charge.

It is disgusting.

Racism must be talked about when appropriate. The spotlight of truth needs to be shined upon racists when they are uncovered.

Wiggen;bt1472 said:
You'll have to explain to me what was untruthful about my posting. But that is the answer I would have expected from somebody who refuses to recoginze the evil history of his beloved 'deep south' and still continues to belittle examples of racism today. Kind of SOP for Conservatives.

Of course, you could always ban me or give me an infraction for calling BS on your post. It wouldn't be the first time.

Who is not recognizing that the deep south has an "evil history" with regards to racism? I certainly didn't. I smell a red herring.

I didn't say that the deep south is "beloved" did I? I smell another red herring.

I commented on the fact that the term "racist" is thrown around without the proper understanding of what racism truly is. I've seen racism and it's very, very ugly. The point, which is obviously lost on you, is that just because someone opposses Obama's policies, stances or beliefs does not make them automatically a "racist" just because Obama is (half) black.

Racism still exists, there's no denying that. But calling someone a racist just because they disagree with Obama is nothing short of a red herring, which you are obviously hell bent on putting on display for all to see.

haymarket;bt1473 said:
This is excellent proof of what I have been saying for a long time now - the radical right wing wants to eliminate the mention of RACISM or RACISTS in public discussion. They feel it damages them since it is nearly always that they are accused of it and they feel they cannot win. At the same time, the party of conservatives - the GOP - has swung further to the right and has embraced racist political positions and this is just a slimey and despicable tactic to inoculate themselves from the charge.

It is disgusting.

Racism must be talked about when appropriate. The spotlight of truth needs to be shined upon racists when they are uncovered.

Ahh, more red herrings... :roll:

Where did I say that I want to eliminate the mention of racism? I have no problem with calling someone a racist based on the actual facts. I simply pointed out that the term is being used where it is not applicable. Disagreeing with Obama because he doesn't understand economics, the free market or the Constitution does not make one a racist. And if you think I'm "radical right", it only proves that you clearly do not have a clue about me in the slightest. Your statements are pathetic, lacking in actual facts and only further justify the point of this blog. The left is so full of hatred for anything that doesn't fall in line with their convoluted and twisted view of reality, that they have to resort to red herrings because they can't win based on the facts.

Racism should be pointed out when it is appropriate, but the left fails to recognize what actual racism is anymore. Quite sad actually.

Back
Top Bottom