• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Enough of this. You HAVE to show a photo ID AND Social Security card TO GET A JOB.

eman926

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Heck, I had to show a valid photo ID and Social Security card to get a job for people with disabilities that actually pays less than minimum wage. If you believe I’m making this business up, I can post a link if you’re interested. Also you need to show a valid photo ID to get welfare. You have to show a valid photo ID to open a bank account and cash a check. Enough of this nonsense.

Plus, EVERY OTHER DEVELOPED NATION requires a valid photo ID to vote. The Scandinavian countries that leftists seem to love also require a valid photo ID to vote. So please drop it with your lies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heck, I had to show a valid photo ID and Social Security card to get a job for people with disabilities that actually pays less than minimum wage. If you believe I’m making this business up, I can post a link if you’re interested. Also you need to show a valid photo ID to get welfare. You have to show a valid photo ID to open a bank account and cash a check. Enough of this nonsense.

Plus, EVERY OTHER DEVELOPED NATION requires a valid photo ID to vote. The Scandinavian countries that leftists seem to love also require a valid photo ID to vote. So please drop it with your lies.

Funny. No leftists have responded. They know they have been called out, so they are trying not give this post attention and are dodging it.

Technically I don't have to show ID to cash a check, not that I often do it. Everybody at my bank knows who I am because I am a baller.....or they only have 2 tellers and I went to school with one of them.

Technically I don't have to show ID to cash a check, not that I often do it. Everybody at my bank knows who I am because I am a baller.....or they only have 2 tellers and I went to school with one of them.

Sure, after they recognize you. The first few times you would have to show a valid photo ID though.

Sure, after they recognize you. The first few times you would have to show a valid photo ID though.

I don't have to show ID to buy a gun.

Change that first

Nope we went to school together before then. In reality though, they see me make deposits regularly and seldom if ever cash a check. I just use ATM's and supermarket cash back for that. Back to your bigger issue, however, I am fine with voter ID's. What the democrats won't admit is that it actually speeds up the line because they can just look at your photo as they have you state your name and zap your license with the magic wand and off you go to cast your ballot. No more standing there as they flip through the books to find your name twice (they used to use two separate books to guard against fraud so you basically had to be checked twice)

Funny. No leftists have responded. They know they have been called out, so they are trying not give this post attention and are dodging it.

Yes you do have to show ID and social security card to get a job. We all know this. What's the big deal? Why should I quake in my liberal boots this time?:yawn:

Yes you do have to show ID and social security card to get a job. We all know this. What's the big deal? Why should I quake in my liberal boots this time?:yawn:

How can someone go through life without a job?

Yes really. Perfectly legal for me to buy a gun in many parts of the US without a id.

Deny that

Besides that thread I made about a month ago in which I was actually joking, where have I stated that you shouldn’t have a valid photo ID to buy a gun? Obviously it should be required. It’s wrong for any place to not require it.

Besides that thread I made about a month ago in which I was actually joking, where have I stated that you shouldn’t have a valid photo ID to buy a gun? Obviously it should be required. It’s wrong for any place to not require it.

On here many will consider you a commie pinko gun grabbing liberal that hates freedom.

Nope we went to school together before then. In reality though, they see me make deposits regularly and seldom if ever cash a check. I just use ATM's and supermarket cash back for that. Back to your bigger issue, however, I am fine with voter ID's. What the democrats won't admit is that it actually speeds up the line because they can just look at your photo as they have you state your name and zap your license with the magic wand and off you go to cast your ballot. No more standing there as they flip through the books to find your name twice (they used to use two separate books to guard against fraud so you basically had to be checked twice)

Sure, but they know you and recognize you. How often does that happen though? The vast majority of cases they’d have to ask for a valid photo ID.

Sure, but they know you and recognize you. How often does that happen though? The vast majority of cases they’d have to ask for a valid photo ID.

I'm white and in a small southern city so I don't get ID'd much for anything other than voting unless there is a car with blue and white strobes sitting immediately behind mine. It is my privilege.

I'm white and in a small southern city so I don't get ID'd much for anything other than voting unless there is a car with blue and white strobes sitting immediately behind mine. It is my privilege.

After somebody remembers you and knows your info, that’s not a problem. That’s not the majority of cases though.

After somebody remembers you and knows your info, that’s not a problem. That’s not the majority of cases though.

I've never seen the pakastani dude at the local convenience store ID any of those mid-teenagers buying smokes or older teenagers buying alcohol. I guess they ID'd them previously :lol:

I've never seen the pakastani dude at the local convenience store ID any of those mid-teenagers buying smokes or older teenagers buying alcohol. I guess they ID'd them previously :lol:

Illegal situations will always happen. If he’s never ID’d them, he should have. I previously worked at a liquor store and plenty of people look young. After you start to recognize them, it’s not necessary to do it again.

You don't get it, do you. The issue is not having to have at some point shown a valid ID in order to register to vote. The issue is being removed from the registration rolls for no logical reason AND THEN having to go through the entire process including your ID's matching with your current address in order to get back on the registration rols.

How many times have you moved just right down the road, not even out of the district and immediately changed over your ID's? Remember now, I said IMMEDIATELY. How many times have you done it thinking about an upcoming election? If they don't match during the period when you can re-register, you miss that election. Done and Dusted.

THAT is the problem. People. actual citizens with the right to vote are being eliminated from voter rolls for the most absurd reasons and left with little to no time to get all of their ID in line with their current address in order to re-register. Example, the SD Native Americans last election. They live on reservations. Reservations have always had very particular postal codes and address configurations which really don't jive and have never jived with the manner in which addresses are usually configured. Been that way since White Men robbed them of their land, broke the treaties they signed and put them on those reservations. They were quickly and quietly eliminated from the SD voter roles just before the 2018 election and left having to scramble to reconfigure their address or be left with no means to re-register to vote. How about the hundreds of thousands of GA residents simply tossed off the registration roles just before the 2018 election.

How about states that have no responsibility other than sending what amounts to junk mail to your address as a means to inform you that you are about to be tossed off the registration roles because you had the audacity to miss two elections in a row! You didn't move. You didn't do a damned thing other than miss two elections in a row. If you don't recognize the near junk mail that has been sent you and don't respond to it....SEE ya....you are tossed off the registration roles and you now have to re-register in the time window allotted. Miss the window....too bad! Some inconsistency in your ID....too bad. You could be a renter and your landlord may have reconfigured the numbering systems for the apartments in his building. Now you ID does not match your actual address....TOO BAD.

So the issue is not ID in the absolute sense. The issue is being tossed off the registration roles in a bare faced effort to suppress the right to vote and then having to suck yourself through the straw of re-registration within the time window allotted before the next election. It is a very simple game. If unscrupulous types continually find reasons to toss people off the registration roles some number not insignificant will simply be caught out by the timing. Missed the window?....Sorry, not voting this time. Didn't even know you had been tossed off the rolls? Sorry, not voting this time. Not part of the wonderful technology generation, no broadband in your area? Sorry....you are out of luck.

You guys make me laugh. Whining constantly about voter fraud and who gets caught last election in pre-meditated voter fraud scams....REPUBLICANS. Color me shocked.

Last edited:
You don't get it, do you. The issue is not having to have at some point shown a valid ID in order to register to vote. The issue is being removed from the registration rolls for no logical reason AND THEN having to go through the entire process including your ID's matching with your current address in order to get back on the registration rols.

How many times have you moved just right down the road, not even out of the district and immediately changed over your ID's? Remember now, I said IMMEDIATELY. How many times have you done it thinking about an upcoming election? If they don't match during the period when you can re-register, you miss that election. Done and Dusted.

THAT is the problem. People. actual citizens with the right to vote are being eliminated from voter rolls for the most absurd reasons and left with little to no time to get all of their ID in line with their current address in order to re-register. Example, the SD Native Americans last election. They live on reservations. Reservations have always had very particular postal codes and address configurations which really don't jive and have never jived with the manner in which addresses are usually configured. Been that way since White Men robbed them of their land, broke the treaties they signed and put them on those reservations. They were quickly and quietly eliminated from the SD voter roles just before the 2018 election and left having to scramble to reconfigure their address or be left with no means to re-register to vote. How about the hundreds of thousands of GA residents simply tossed off the registration roles just before the 2018 election.

How about states that have no responsibility other than sending what amounts to junk mail to your address as a means to inform you that you are about to be tossed off the registration roles because you had the audacity to miss two elections in a row! You didn't move. You didn't do a damned thing other than miss two elections in a row. If you don't recognize the near junk mail that has been sent you and don't respond to it....SEE ya....you are tossed off the registration roles and you now have to re-register in the time window allotted. Miss the window....too bad! Some inconsistency in your ID....too bad. You could be a renter and your landlord may have reconfigured the numbering systems for the apartments in his building. Now you ID does not match your actual address....TOO BAD.

So the issue is not ID in the absolute sense. The issue is being tossed off the registration roles in a bare faced effort to suppress the right to vote and then having to suck yourself through the straw of re-registration within the time window allotted before the next election. It is a very simple game. If unscrupulous types continually find reasons to toss people off the registration roles some number not insignificant will simply be caught out by the timing. Missed the window?....Sorry, not voting this time. Didn't even know you had been tossed off the rolls? Sorry, not voting this time. Not part of the wonderful technology generation, no broadband in your area? Sorry....you are out of luck.

You guys make me laugh. Whining constantly about voter fraud and who gets caught last election in pre-meditated voter fraud scams....REPUBLICANS. Color me shocked.

Um, it's a lot more than missing two elections before they take your registration off. Not to mention before they take your name off the registration they send you a notification in the mail to confirm that you are still at that location and ask if you'd like to stay registered. It's also hypocritical to say that it's okay to require a valid ID to register, but not to vote. If it disenfranchises someone from voting from showing an ID to vote, than it would also disenfranchise someone from voting if they require someone to show an ID to register. It's either right for both, or wrong for both. Otherwise you are just splitting hairs. And about having to change IDs immediately, apparently you never heard of PROVISIONAL BALLOTS. May I add that I've been in MULTIPLE CONFIDENTIAL GOP MEETINGS and I've NEVER HEARD the slightest mention of trying to keep people from voting.

Last edited:
Um, it's a lot more than missing two elections before they take your registration off. Not to mention before they take your name off the registration they send you a notification in the mail to confirm that you are still at that location and ask if you'd like to stay registered. It's also hypocritical to say that it's okay to require a valid ID to register, but not to vote. If it disenfranchises someone from voting from showing an ID to vote, than it would also disenfranchise someone from voting if they require someone to show an ID to register. It's either right for both, or wrong for both. Otherwise you are just splitting hairs. And about having to change IDs immediately, apparently you never heard of PROVISIONAL BALLOTS. May I add that I've been in MULTIPLE CONFIDENTIAL GOP MEETINGS and I've NEVER HEARD the slightest mention of trying to keep people from voting.

yEAH, EXACTLY. Used to be, you were ashamed of your treachery. Now, Trump has TAUGHT you to proudly limit the franchise. And so you do.

You right wingers want to have voter ID? Then have GUARANTEED determination, and on the liberal side. We can tell they have been here, and working etc. So they could be VOTE certified. After one visit. Even by phone.

yEAH, EXACTLY. Used to be, you were ashamed of your treachery. Now, Trump has TAUGHT you to proudly limit the franchise. And so you do.

You right wingers want to have voter ID? Then have GUARANTEED determination, and on the liberal side. We can tell they have been here, and working etc. So they could be VOTE certified. After one visit. Even by phone.

You apparently didn't read my edited post. I also said after so many missed elections they send mail to your address verifying that you still are at that location and ask if you'd like to stay registered.

Where is the in-person voter fraud that will be eliminated with a photo ID?

I don't have a problem with phot ID if it is provided to the voter without any cost and without any more effort than just registering to vote. If there is a cost required and there is any additional effort required to obtain that photo ID then it is just another attempt by conservative at voter disenfranchisement that was banned with the Voting Rights Act.

Where is the in-person voter fraud that will be eliminated with a photo ID?

I don't have a problem with phot ID if it is provided to the voter without any cost and without any more effort than just registering to vote. If there is a cost required and there is any additional effort required to obtain that photo ID then it is just another attempt by conservative at voter disenfranchisement that was banned with the Voting Rights Act.

Most states that require a photo ID to vote give out free IDs to those who can't afford them. Many even have a social worker come to your place and take a picture if you can't make it to the DMV. I live in Minnesota and I remember the 2012 election on where we voted on a Voter ID amendment. The thing is, the leftist media STILL COMPLAINED that would "disenfranchise people from voting" even though it stated on the ballot that photo IDs would be free of charge had the amendment passed. That shows something sneaky from the left. May I add that the Voting Rights Act was mostly passed by Republican votes.

Literally the first developed nation that I checked--England--does not require identification in order to vote.

So much for this horse**** thread.

Back
Top Bottom