• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Enough of the fossil fuels!

Lafayette

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
From here; How much innovation is necessary to see off fossil fuels?

Excerpt:
The stone-age did not end for lack of stone, and the Oil Age will end long before the world runs out of oil.” That sounds like the oath of environmentalists opposed to the use of fossil fuels. In fact, the prediction was made by Sheikh Zaki Yamani, a Saudi Arabian oil minister who shot to prominence as the face of the Arab oil embargo of 1973. He was convinced that innovations in alternative energy sources and fuels would ultimately loosen oil’s grip on the global economy.

It has not happened yet. This year marks the 50th anniversary of the first oil shock. Far from innovating its way to a clean-energy future, the world slipped into complacency as the disruptions of the 1970s faded from memory. Oil, coal and natural gas still make up over four-fifths of the world’s primary energy supply. That addiction—plus a concatenation of war, policy mistakes and economic trends—has now inflicted another energy crunch on the world. Will this squeeze also be forgotten, or could it lead to an overdue revolution in energy?

The problem is typical of the US (and other developed countries). Nobody wants to touch fossil-fuels because they are responsible for making a great many people very, very rich.

So, until we-the-sheeple can get beyond this simple fact nothing will be done to exit fossil-fuel usage and get us on our way to alternatives. Which are a great many ... just sitting there waiting to bring about what is actually a simple solution.

Clean-energy is neither magical nor it is a "gift" of Mother Earth. But it takes a public-will to move on to a more effective, useful and not as dangerous fuel with which to propel us.

That public-will is not lacking. But neither is it making itself known in a fashion that wakes-up the sleeping and effectuates definitive change in the manner we-the-sheeple live our lives. It's high-time, for instance, that we all move to electric motor-vehicles and junk petrol-engines ...

Fosil fuels will eventually stop being used no matter what happens as cheaper alternatives will be used.
The UK is in the middle of an offshore windfarm building boom that will see then worlds largest farms opening up in the next 5 years or so.
That and a couple of new nuclear power stations should mean the use of fossil fuels for power tumbles in the UK which is a good thing.

The UK is fortunate to have extremely windy but shallow seas all around us which is perfect for wind generation and we also have some of the strongest tidal surges on the planet so that's a bonus as well.

Sometimes having depressing weather is a good thing.

Fosil fuels will eventually stop being used no matter what happens as cheaper alternatives will be used.

I wish that were the case, but I highly doubt it. If we stop using fossil fuels, it'll be because economies/civilizations collapse and the demand completely falls off.

I wish that were the case, but I highly doubt it. If we stop using fossil fuels, it'll be because economies/civilizations collapse and the demand completely falls off.

I'm not saying the use of them will stop overnight.
It'll just start falling as more countries use wind/solar and nuclear for electricity and more electric cars are bought.

Even if Europe follows the UK by banning the sale of new ICE cars in 2030 they'll still be the main form of transport for a good 10 years after as most people don't buy new cars that often. The only reason to change a modern car in the first 15 years is if you're a huge miler like a company rep or something.

Most cars these days can last 15 years of even quite high milage with absolute ease.

I predict most electricity will be from zero emisions or nuclear in the UK way before 2030.

According to the UK government UK Electricity was 39.9% generated from renewables and with the huge farms and the first new nuclear station about to open this is due rise substantially.

UK fosil fuel usage will fall quite a bit in the next 10 years.

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2023/01/2022-renewable-energy-uk-electricity/

The problem is typical of the US (and other developed countries). Nobody wants to touch fossil-fuels because they are responsible for making a great many people very, very rich.
That's not all fossil fuels do. They also keep the people well fed, well supplied and they give people a comfortable standard of living.

Alternative energy is not ready to do this.

Excerpt:

So, until we-the-sheeple can get beyond this simple fact nothing will be done to exit fossil-fuel usage and get us on our way to alternatives. Which are a great many ... just sitting there waiting to bring about what is actually a simple solution.

Clean-energy is neither magical nor it is a "gift" of Mother Earth. But it takes a public-will to move on to a more effective, useful and not as dangerous fuel with which to propel us.

That public-will is not lacking. But neither is it making itself known in a fashion that wakes-up the sleeping and effectuates definitive change in the manner we-the-sheeple live our lives. It's high-time, for instance, that we all move to electric motor-vehicles and junk petrol-engines ...
Then we have to make sure that even the poorest can afford clean energy. We should keep them in mind.

Excerpt:

They demand, something that makes as much money for them as pumping it out of the ground.

How about Titan? "Titan Tankers" (I go write right now). You want to save that tar for making steel on vesta and psyche. Sorry, you didn't use your (oil) resources to build Titan tankers. Aluminum from the Moon, silica, rock ships, precipitated ships, there you go, go zero point, there's not enough energy in here to go beyond the compound anyway. Download your specifications, define your materials and presto, spaceship, that's how everybody does it.

They demand, something that makes as much money for them as pumping it out of the ground.

How about Titan? "Titan Tankers" (I go write right now). You want to save that tar for making steel on vesta and psyche. Sorry, you didn't use your (oil) resources to build Titan tankers. Aluminum from the Moon, silica, rock ships, precipitated ships, there you go, go zero point, there's not enough energy in here to go beyond the compound anyway. Download your specifications, define your materials and presto, spaceship, that's how everybody does it.
Huh?

Well, you noticed.

Si-fi, I go to write now.

How do you want to build your ships, the old-fashioned way? Hammer and nail?

Why not just ask the Lord for Tankers?

You know Titan has tar and methane. Titan, you know Saturn's Moon. Saturn is a planet in the Solar-system like Earth, but bigger and made of frozen gas, kind of like a slushy. You do know what the Moon is. It circles the Earth every month.

We'd need oxygen ice from Pluto too, to burn up all that fuel.

Once that is for everyone, let's do it. Here, at the moment, lots of people can hardly afford to heat or cool their home, let alone buy ev and charge them. Progress is being made but it takes a while.

As I said the UK is very fortunate to have shallow seas that are relatively easy to build vast wind farms on.
We're also a very compact country and we overall just use less energy than you do as we don't really have AC as a rule.

I'd guess that only about 10% of UK houses have AC at most.

The Venusians, the Archangels, the Elohim, they've all been around enough, might like walking in the stars, but sometimes it is convenient to have a ship. And if you were in their position there would certainly be a ship, you would get around to it in your services, but bringing one here would require permission. Like the motherships they saw over Arizona. Everybody has them, they come to see the planet that Christ died on, "The Planet of the Second Teacher" (alternate title).

As I said the UK is very fortunate to have shallow seas that are relatively easy to build vast wind farms on.
We're also a very compact country and we overall just use less energy than you do as we don't really have AC as a rule.

I'd guess that only about 10% of UK houses have AC at most.
I don't think parts of the u.s. are livable without. We had a solid block home that had some sort of additional insulation inside the blocks, 12 ft ceilings and ceiling fans, trees all around, but yeah, after a while you start panting.

OK, OK, you tell me, how am I going to heat my house in fifty years?

New electric?

OK I can breathe better, let's get an efficient electric furnace. Then I can breathe easy.

Are we going to grow enough hay to bio-fuel our cars and heat? Let's get going.

How about LOX/H2 precipitation, mass conversion? Longer off than fifty years.

Then we have to make sure that even the poorest can afford clean energy. We should keep them in mind.
The poorest can't afford electric cars...not even used electric cars.

LOX/H2 precipitators, mass converters, add nitrogen and you can make atmospheres, helium, you can make blimps without the durable. They'll run generators, propel craft to speeds of structural integrity, make water, heat, cool, incinerate, propel. Then you don't have to destroy the natural beauty, everything can be a park and we will all have health in our next lives.

Excerpt:

Nobody wants to touch fossil-fuels because nobody wants their standard of living to go down the toilet.

Decentralized alternative energy is coming, but you have to be patient.

That's not all fossil fuels do. They also keep the people well fed, well supplied and they give people a comfortable standard of living.

Alternative energy is not ready to do this.
It's clear as a bell why. People like you keep pushing back on it. If we had started this process 30 years ago like we should have, we'd be there now.

It's clear as a bell why. People like you keep pushing back on it. If we had started this process 30 years ago like we should have, we'd be there now.
If you had started 30 years ago, we would be a country full of poor people...which is what the Biden pukes and their Globalist masters are trying to create now.

If you had started 30 years ago, we would be a country full of poor people...which is what the Biden pukes and their Globalist masters are trying to create now.

How can you even try and back that statment as anything but pure conjecture?
Why would the world be poorer simply because of a change in how we generate power?

Phasing out fossil fuels will reduce funding to several dictators, and that's on top of all of the other benefits.

That pretty clearly appears to be the message coming from the WEF:
'You will eat bugs and like it, and you will own nothing, and like it, we will chip you so we can track you and everything you do, and you will like it'.

This would be the dystopian future the political elites and globalists would have in mind for the entire world's population, other than themselves of course.

Phasing out fossil fuels will reduce funding to several dictators, and that's on top of all of the other benefits.

I don't understand how the US being more self reliant on energy supply with more renewables is a bad thing?

Being at the mercy of OPEC is better because?

Back
Top Bottom