• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

English professor says our troops should shoot their officers....

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Prof. John Daly a college teacher says that our military should shoot their officers.........

Just more proof of how the left support the troops......I mean the first amendment and freedom of speech is one thing but this is nothing but treason...

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1524118/posts

College Professor to Student: Real Freedom will come when American Soldiers Murder Superiors

Vows to kick young conservatives off campus

Student Fights Back

HERNDON, VA – Warren Community College English professor, John Daly, said that “Real freedom will come when soldiers in Iraq turn their guns on their superiors.” Rebecca Beach, a freshman at Warren Community College in Washington, New Jersey, received this unexpected reply to a recent email she sent the faculty at her school announcing the appearance of decorated Iraq war hero, Lt. Col. Scott Rutter, on Thursday, November 17 to discuss America’s accomplishments in Iraq.

In the email, Daly told Rebecca that he will ask students in his English and writing classes to boycott the event and also vowed “to expose [her] right-wing, anti-people politics until groups like [Rebecca’s] won’t dare show their face on a college campus.” Daly’s mean spirited and hateful comments were directed at Rebecca for organizing Lt. Col. Scott Rutter and for hanging up fliers contrasting the number of people killed under communism to those liberated under Ronald Reagan.

Since Professor John Daly has created a hostile learning environment for Rebecca, she is demanding that Warren Community College President William Austin institute seminars on free speech and sensitivity to teach intolerant leftists, such as Daly, to be respectful of differing opinion

Daly’s insane email to Rebecca also claimed that “CAPTIALISM has killed many more” people than communism [emphasis his] and that the “poor and working class people” are recruited to “fight and die for EXXON and other corporations.”

“John Daly was hired to teach English, not to verbally attack students and lead leftist protests,” said Jason Mattera, spokesman for Young America’s Foundation.

Navy Pride said:
Prof. John Daly a college teacher says that our military should shoot their officers...

Sedition:
-Conduct or language inciting rebellion against the authority of a state.
-The crime of creating a revolt, disturbance, or violence against lawful
authority with the intent to cause its overthrow or destruction
-an illegal action inciting resistance to lawful authority and tending to cause the disruption or overthrow of the government

The 1st amendment doesnt protect you from a charge of sedition.

M14 Shooter said:
Sedition:
-an illegal action inciting resistance to lawful authority and tending to cause the disruption or overthrow of the government

It begs to be asked why hasn't this left wing whacko been arrested?

Navy Pride said:
Prof. John Daly a college teacher says that our military should shoot their officers.........

Just more proof of how the left support the troops......I mean the first amendment and freedom of speech is one thing but this is nothing but treason...

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1524118/posts

College Professor to Student: Real Freedom will come when American Soldiers Murder Superiors

Vows to kick young conservatives off campus

Student Fights Back

HERNDON, VA – Warren Community College English professor, John Daly, said that “Real freedom will come when soldiers in Iraq turn their guns on their superiors.” Rebecca Beach, a freshman at Warren Community College in Washington, New Jersey, received this unexpected reply to a recent email she sent the faculty at her school announcing the appearance of decorated Iraq war hero, Lt. Col. Scott Rutter, on Thursday, November 17 to discuss America’s accomplishments in Iraq.

In the email, Daly told Rebecca that he will ask students in his English and writing classes to boycott the event and also vowed “to expose [her] right-wing, anti-people politics until groups like [Rebecca’s] won’t dare show their face on a college campus.” Daly’s mean spirited and hateful comments were directed at Rebecca for organizing Lt. Col. Scott Rutter and for hanging up fliers contrasting the number of people killed under communism to those liberated under Ronald Reagan.

Since Professor John Daly has created a hostile learning environment for Rebecca, she is demanding that Warren Community College President William Austin institute seminars on free speech and sensitivity to teach intolerant leftists, such as Daly, to be respectful of differing opinion

Daly’s insane email to Rebecca also claimed that “CAPTIALISM has killed many more” people than communism [emphasis his] and that the “poor and working class people” are recruited to “fight and die for EXXON and other corporations.”

“John Daly was hired to teach English, not to verbally attack students and lead leftist protests,” said Jason Mattera, spokesman for Young America’s Foundation.

To blame the ENTIRE left wing for this ONE professor's retarded comments is wrong. Not all of the left wants our troops to shoot their their officers. Hell, they don't even like guns!!! They're friggin' Hippies for cryin' out loud! LOL

Navy Pride said:

Because it would make him a martyr. And that's just what the Hippies don't need, is another Leftist Martyr. But he should be arrested though.

Navy Pride said:

The answer to that is simple, but I know you arent going to like. True Americans believe in the Constitution and guaranteed right to free speech. True Americans who are confident in the US's mission in Iraq are not phased by dissenting opinions, even if they are delivered in an inflammatory manner. True Americans who support the war and our government and our goals do not feel the need to round up the opposition like Taliban would.

That being said, I do think this professor needs to have strong disciplinary action taken by the school for his attacks on this student. This professor should be reminded that the academic environment is a place of free thought and progress, even if that thought falls in conflict with his political views.

Donkey1499 said:
To blame the ENTIRE left wing for this ONE professor's retarded comments is wrong. Not all of the left wants our troops to shoot their their officers. Hell, they don't even like guns!!! They're friggin' Hippies for cryin' out loud! LOL

Unfortunately he is not alone.......There are Ward Churchill, Michael Moore, Senators Durbin, Kerry, and Kennedy who although have not called for our troops shooting their officers have said other outrageous statments about our military, and people like Daly, Churchill, and Moore have a huge following of left wingers and Bush haters..........

It is not something that should be taken lightly.......

M14 Shooter said:
Sedition:

This would all apply had he

a. Made a genuine effort at the above mention crimes. Shooting off at the mouth does not qualify.

b. Had made these comments with proven intent to achieve the stated outcomes.

Sedition is a serious crime. Free speech is a serious matter of Constitution. To equate the two because of a single email and an opposing political view delivered in a distasteful manner. Try again.

jallman said:
The answer to that is simple, but I know you arent going to like. True Americans believe in the Constitution and guaranteed right to free speech. True Americans who are confident in the US's mission in Iraq are not phased by dissenting opinions, even if they are delivered in an inflammatory manner. True Americans who support the war and our government and our goals do not feel the need to round up the opposition like Taliban would.

That being said, I do think this professor needs to have strong disciplinary action taken by the school for his attacks on this student. This professor should be reminded that the academic environment is a place of free thought and progress, even if that thought falls in conflict with his political views.

So in your mind that there is nothing someone says that can cross the line?

This guy is and English Teacher and that is what he is getting paid to teach, not political science..........

Navy Pride said:

Well, if a soldier does shoot his superior, then this professor definately will have to be arrested for inciting the act. Especially if this soldier and the teacher know each other and are good buddies.

Navy Pride said:
Unfortunately he is not alone.......There are Ward Churchill, Michael Moore, Senators Durbin, Kerry, and Kennedy who although have not called for our troops shooting their officers have said other outrageous statments about our military, and people like Daly, Churchill, and Moore have a huge following of left wingers and Bush haters..........

Well the ones you listed are just anti-American. They say "We support the troops, but not the war". It's just stupid. It's like saying "I support the Baltimore Ravens, but not the NFL".

Navy Pride said:

Guilty by association? That's awesome.

The Prof. is left wing and wants soliders in the military to kill their officers.

Moore is left-wing and hates Bush so he must also want the same as this left-wing Prof.

Durbin, Kerry, and Kennedy are democrat and said something about the military so their names should also be associated with this Prof. ranting.

Donkey1499 said:
Well, if a soldier does shoot his superior, then this professor definately will have to be arrested for inciting the act. Especially if this soldier and the teacher know each other and are good buddies.

What if they don't know each other but think alike politically?

Donkey1499 said:
Well the ones you listed are just anti-American. They say "We support the troops, but not the war". It's just stupid. It's like saying "I support the Baltimore Ravens, but not the NFL".

There is no one that can support the troops and make those comments.......

Gibberish said:
Guilty by association? That's awesome.

The Prof. is left wing and wants soliders in the military to kill their officers.

Moore is left-wing and hates Bush so he must also want the same as this left-wing Prof.

Durbin, Kerry, and Kennedy are democrat and said something about the military so their names should also be associated with this Prof. ranting.

Moore compared the terrorists in Iraq with our minute men.....

Durbin compared our troops in GITMO with the Russian Gulag......

Kennedy said our troops in Iraq are the problem not the solution

Kerry called our military in Nam Murderers, rapists, and baby killers......

Nuff said.........

I can plainly and freely support the troops while not supporting the reasons behind the war.

Now if the militray was democratic, as in the soliders voted in going to specific wars or not then my stance would be untrue. As they are forced to go wether they agree or not my stance is true.

I have many friends in the war. They do not want to be in Iraq. They think the reasons are not right, but they do not hesitate to fight because that is their job. There job is not to express opinion on their orders but to follow them through.

Navy Pride said:
This guy is and English Teacher and that is what he is getting paid to teach, not political science..........

Well, your implication that Literature isnt a media for expressing political views aside, read my post again. I said he needed to have strong disciplicary action taken against him.

Navy Pride said:

He can say anything he wants...especially in a private email or in the closed environment of his classroom. That is his right and you and I have a choice to listen to him or not. Now I clearly choose not to because his statements are lunacy. He doesnt affect me or any rational person in the least.

However, if he is making such statements to a circle of revolutionaries at a meeting with intent to conspire against the government...well thats a whole new ball game. Just shooting off at the mouth however, is not grounds for rounding him up and putting him on trial. You cant try an opinion for criminality. Not only is it stupid but it is patently un American.

Navy Pride said:
What if they don't know each other but think alike politically?

It really just depends on the situation. But I don't really have a short answer for this. It'd take an entire thread for me to post all the different scenarios. Then again, I'm not a simpleton, so thus I don't think in simple terms.

Navy Pride said:
Moore compared the terrorists in Iraq with our minute men......
Terrorists are minute men be definition. They are not active soliders fighting on a battlefront. They are ordinary people waiting and living their everyday lives untill the moment they are called into action. I would personally associate them with sleeprs then minutemen though, since they do train while waiting and some seem to be completly funded and do not have to work to live while waiting.

Durbin compared our troops in GITMO with the Russian Gulag......

I am not sure if the prisoners of GITMO were forced into almost deathening manual labor and/or torture. If they were then yes it is like the Russian Gulag as the establishment is run.

Kennedy said our troops in Iraq are the problem not the solution

We have to be the solution because if we leave now there will be massacres. We are also the reason the attacks are happening now. Do you really think the terrorists would be bombing in Iraq or even be in iraq if there was no US presence there?

Kerry called our military in Nam Murderers, rapists, and baby killers......
I had two uncles in Vietnam both were 18 when they went. There were murders, rapes, and baby killings. Reason being was fear. Going into a village the soldiers had no idea if the people were friendly or not. One wrong move and the village would be annihilated out of fear from the soldiers. Either kill them or wait for them to possibly kill you. I can understand the situation.

Nuff said.........

You like to end your replies with that a lot. Do you use this when you are hoping the debate will end because you cannot go any further?

Donkey1499 said:
Yeah! It's just like saying you're a Ravens fan, but you think they called some **** poor plays. If you don't agree with every single play that the Ravens choose, then you really don't support the Ravens. You can't really support the Ravens if you think that their coach asked them to run some bad plays. You have think that every play that the coach calls is great if you're going to support the Ravens.

Can't seperate the coach's calls from the team. The two are the exact same thing. Either you support the Ravens by thinking that every single play they make is the right one at the time or you hate the whole team.
It just makes no sense whatsoever to say that you're a Ravens fan but that you think they chose a bad play to run in a given situation.

Why can't people see the obviousness of this?

Simon W. Moon said:
Yeah! It's just like saying you're a Ravens fan, but you think they called some **** poor plays. If you don't agree with every single play that the Ravens choose, then you really don't support the Ravens. You can't really support the Ravens if you think that their coach asked them to run some bad plays. You have think that every play that the coach calls is great if you're going to support the Ravens.

Can't seperate the coach's calls from the team. The two are the exact same thing. Either you support the Ravens by thinking that every single play they make is the right one at the time or you hate the whole team.
It just makes no sense whatsoever to say that you're a Ravens fan but that you think they chose a bad play to run in a given situation.

:applaud Thank you!!! That has been my point several times but I never had the right analogy until now.

Simon W. Moon said:

Lets say the team is great, each player is an exceptional athlete but the coach makes them play blindfolded and run backwards. The players themselves do not understand why they have to do this and disagree with doing this but they do it anyway or they will lose their jobs.

I support the team, I think they are amazing. They are just under bad management that needs to be changed but the coach has really done nothing wrong other then lose games so nothing can be done to change his position. Only thing noticable is new players not wanting to join the team and the fans loosing heart on the possiblity of the team winning games.

All this aside I still show up to games and cheer on the team.

Please explain to me how I am not supporting the team.

Last edited:
Gibberish said:
I can plainly and freely support the troops while not supporting the reasons behind the war.

Now if the militray was democratic, as in the soliders voted in going to specific wars or not then my stance would be untrue. As they are forced to go wether they agree or not my stance is true.

I have many friends in the war. They do not want to be in Iraq. They think the reasons are not right, but they do not hesitate to fight because that is their job. There job is not to express opinion on their orders but to follow them through.

Sorry, its impossible to support the troops and not support the mission they are trying to accomplish........

Back
Top Bottom