• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

English Premiership 2013-14 thread

Who will win the Permeirship in 2013-14

• Total voters
Amazing FA Cup final as well yesterday.

And it is all but certain that Luis Enrique will be manager next season.

I heard that rumour on El Larguero on SER last night. I'd be very surprised if it's locked down, although I just read that he's resigned from Celta. That would be a very risky choice. What limited managerial experience Luis Enrique has, hasn't been impressive. Less than 3 years at Barca B, one fairly awful year at Roma, and one unremarkable season with Celta. If they wanted to go for a young manager who's shown huge promise, why not lure Simeone away from Atléti? Or perhaps more attractive, Valverde from Bilbao who has a strong Barca connection? Of course, another option would be to reignite the Dutch connection and bring in Hiddink - an outstanding coach who could help mentor Luis Enrique to take over when he's gained more experience, and improved his management skills.

I heard that rumour on El Larguero on SER last night. I'd be very surprised if it's locked down, although I just read that he's resigned from Celta. That would be a very risky choice. What limited managerial experience Luis Enrique has, hasn't been impressive. Less than 3 years at Barca B, one fairly awful year at Roma, and one unremarkable season with Celta. If they wanted to go for a young manager who's shown huge promise, why not lure Simeone away from Atléti? Or perhaps more attractive, Valverde from Bilbao who has a strong Barca connection? Of course, another option would be to reignite the Dutch connection and bring in Hiddink - an outstanding coach who could help mentor Luis Enrique to take over when he's gained more experience, and improved his management skills.

Luis Enrique has more experience than Guardiola had when he took over.. just saying.

Simeone from A. Madrid.. doubt that, since he has no links to Barca.

Valverde could be an option.

Hiddink, haha no. We dont want any more Dutch managers plz... Van Gaal almost bankrupted the club.

Luis Enrique has more experience than Guardiola had when he took over.. just saying.
True, but Enrique's experience has been one of fairly average to poor performance.

Simeone from A. Madrid.. doubt that, since he has no links to Barca.
That's not a requirement and it would be foolish for the club to make it one.

Valverde could be an option.
He seems to have been able to motivate a fairly ordinary side to over-perform this season.

Hiddink, haha no. We dont want any more Dutch managers plz... Van Gaal almost bankrupted the club.
One of the most successful managers in recent football history. He could steady a listing ship and bring through a protegé successor.

True, but Enrique's experience has been one of fairly average to poor performance.

Well he was pretty good on the Barca B squad. His time in Rome was average yes, but it is Roma we are talking about and well.... And he has done well in Celta Vigo... 9th place with that budget.. sorry but that is better than well.

That's not a requirement and it would be foolish for the club to make it one.

Well it is not a requirement, it is the philosophy that is the requirement. The Ajax-Barca philosophy of control and passing.. tik taka or whatever you want to call it. Enrique has that philosophy, Velverde has it.. Hiddink does not. Tata had it some what but sadly he lacked the experience in European football I suspect.

He seems to have been able to motivate a fairly ordinary side to over-perform this season.

On that we some what disagree. Bilbao is not an ordinary side and have some of the best young Spanish players around outside of Barcelona.

One of the most successful managers in recent football history. He could steady a listing ship and bring through a protegé successor.

Maybe, but his style would not fit with Barca.... which might be good or bad.. I really dont know.

I hope that any new manager does implement a plan B and gets players to fit into that plan B as well as the normal Barca style. We shall see... will be a very interesting few months.

Well he was pretty good on the Barca B squad. His time in Rome was average yes, but it is Roma we are talking about and well.... And he has done well in Celta Vigo... 9th place with that budget.. sorry but that is better than well.
His time at Roma was just short of disastrous: knocked out of the Europa league by a Slovak side in the qualifying stages, spent sheds loads of money and failed to qualify for any European competition. The best they did was quarter finals of the Coppa Italia, where they were hammered by Juventus. That's not average, and Roma are a big club and backed him with lots of money.

His time at Roma was just short of disastrous: knocked out of the Europa league by a Slovak side in the qualifying stages, spent sheds loads of money and failed to qualify for any European competition. The best they did was quarter finals of the Coppa Italia, where they were hammered by Juventus. That's not average, and Roma are a big club and backed him with lots of money.

Yea but that is average for Roma, they always fail :)

Milner wants out from Man City...along with all the other English players.

Louis van Gaal is named as the new Manchester United manager, with Ryan Giggs working as his assistant.

Back
Top Bottom