• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

English Premier League kicks off

Who will make the EPL Top 4 this season? (Choose 4)

• Total voters
My point exactly.. loosing or drawing.. loosing points away from home. Only one team drew more games than City last season and that was Stoke I believe and like it or not that is a buttload of points lost. Stop that bleeding then maybe. You already drew one game away from home... one you should have won but were very lucky even to get a point. While it is only 2 games in the season it does show the usual Man City.. strong at home, weak away.

But that can change.. lots of games to come!

To begin with, a tiny correction, please don't take it as an insult, but you misspell the word, lose as loose. To loose something is to set it free.

Second point, re. the footie. Wed did indeed draw an away game already. You say we should have won it, yet it was against a team that have beaten us in 9 of the previous 11 EPL games we have played. They are our bogey team and we didn't lose. Result! Further, we didn't lose even though we played poorly, against a team that the pundits claimed played brilliantly. As I said, Result!

To begin with, a tiny correction, please don't take it as an insult, but you misspell the word, lose as loose. To loose something is to set it free.

Bah I know.. some words I always screw up.. oh well

Second point, re. the footie. Wed did indeed draw an away game already. You say we should have won it, yet it was against a team that have beaten us in 9 of the previous 11 EPL games we have played. They are our bogey team and we didn't lose. Result! Further, we didn't lose even though we played poorly, against a team that the pundits claimed played brilliantly. As I said, Result!

And when you lose to Newcastle or Wigan? Is that a result? :) Man City needs consistency pure and simple. They cant rely the top teams losing 6+ games this year as they did last year.

And when you lose to Newcastle or Wigan? Is that a result? :) Man City needs consistency pure and simple. They cant rely the top teams losing 6+ games this year as they did last year.

We can't rely on it, but It'll help when they do...as they will do.

I was waiting for that! You are right, apart from your spelling. Grrrrrr! Effing referees!

:) chin up.. early in the season hehe.. Chealski and Man U will lose no doubt!

I was waiting for that! You are right, apart from your spelling. Grrrrrr! Effing referees!

Saw Match of the Day 2... penalty was correct, and omfgs your players need to learn to exploit their chances.... LOL Tevez!

Saw Match of the Day 2... penalty was correct, and omfgs your players need to learn to exploit their chances.... LOL Tevez!

The penalty was correct, harsh, but correct. You can guarantee it wouldn't have been given against ManUre or Chelski, but them's the breaks.

Some interesting results this weekend and last week - Chelsea lose two in a row (one to Newcastle, WOOHOO!), Arsenal lose to West Brom and Man U struggle to pull 2 back against Bolton.

Liverpool and Everton head down the table and Spurs come a cropper at West Ham. The good news for me is Newcastle in 10th spot. :cool:

Some interesting results this weekend and last week - Chelsea lose two in a row (one to Newcastle, WOOHOO!), Arsenal lose to West Brom and Man U struggle to pull 2 back against Bolton.

Liverpool and Everton head down the table and Spurs come a cropper at West Ham. The good news for me is Newcastle in 10th spot. :cool:

Yup. Does it look like the most evenly-matched EPL season ever? My Beautiful City lose a daft one away to Sunderland, then beat Chelsea (again) if not easily, then deservedly. And who would have expected to see WBA and Fulham ahead of Spurs, Liverpool, Everton? Early days, but it's definitely not boring!

Let's speak again on Sunday IC, after City meet the Toon. I certainly expect to win, but I also expect a few goals in both nets.

Last edited:
-- And who would have expected to see WBA and Fulham ahead of Spurs, Liverpool, Everton --

Everton are currently bottom of the table and Liverpool not much higher above... I can;t imagine how the city of Liverpool would take it if both these clubs are relgated. (Yeah, it's early days but still....)

If Liverpool can get their ownership issues cleared asap, then watch them climb the table.. they have the players for a top 6 finish. As for Everton.. it is too early condemn them.

If Liverpool can get their ownership issues cleared asap, then watch them climb the table.. they have the players for a top 6 finish. As for Everton.. it is too early condemn them.

It's one thing having the players - it's another for those players to play with passion and spirit after the humiliation of a home defeat to a team like Northampton Town.

It's one thing having the players - it's another for those players to play with passion and spirit after the humiliation of a home defeat to a team like Northampton Town.

Was the B-Team mostly, in horrible weather and on penalties.

The main problem of Liverpool is the ownership issue. Next on the list is a new manager who frankly is playing people out of position and the wrong people. The team and the manager has to learn each other soon, or Liverpool will have to get rid of the manager. That is doublely hard when the ownership issues are in doubt.

The key date is October the 10th I believe.. if Liverpool does not find new owners before that or a restructuring/payback of the 280 million pounds debt , RBS is taking over the club and that can only be done if the club is put into administration, and that means an automatic 9 point deduction and THEN it gets hard.

Last edited:
Was the B-Team mostly, in horrible weather and on penalties.

The main problem of Liverpool is the ownership issue. Next on the list is a new manager who frankly is playing people out of position and the wrong people. The team and the manager has to learn each other soon, or Liverpool will have to get rid of the manager. That is doublely hard when the ownership issues are in doubt.

The key date is October the 10th I believe.. if Liverpool does not find new owners before that or a restructuring/payback of the 280 million pounds debt , RBS is taking over the club and that can only be done if the club is put into administration, and that means an automatic 9 point deduction and THEN it gets hard.

Sorry Pete, it's not about the manager, not one bit. Sure, the ownership issue needs sorting out, but needs doing so in order for Roy H. to be able to construct a competitive team. Liverpool does not have the players for a Top 6 position. They didn't finish top 6 last season and they aren't going to again this season. I would say that Kuyt, Cole and Torres are their only world class players. Gerard and Skrtel are too, but only on their day. They have a big rebuilding job to do and no money with which to do it. I actually feel sorry for Roy H. He deserves better.

-- for Roy H. to be able to construct a competitive team. Liverpool does not have the players for a Top 6 position --

Was the B-Team mostly, in horrible weather and on penalties --

I would have thought a "B" team from the top division would still outplay a team 2-3 divisions below. Northampton had to play in the same weather and as for penalties - I go back to my comment about top division players. I think there's a real lack of passion right now at Liverpool and that isn't changing anytime soon.

You need passion, desire and commitment for a top half of the premiership finish. For a place in the top 6, I'd say skill, luck and money make the difference.

I would have thought a "B" team from the top division would still outplay a team 2-3 divisions below. Northampton had to play in the same weather and as for penalties - I go back to my comment about top division players. I think there's a real lack of passion right now at Liverpool and that isn't changing anytime soon.

You need passion, desire and commitment for a top half of the premiership finish. For a place in the top 6, I'd say skill, luck and money make the difference.

Yes and the passion, desire and commitment is hard to come by when the back room of the club is in chaos.

Chelsea
Man u
Man City
Spurs

In that order, or A another combination :)

But i'm rooting for Peter Reid to keep us in division one:lol:

Paul

Sorry Pete, it's not about the manager, not one bit. Sure, the ownership issue needs sorting out, but needs doing so in order for Roy H. to be able to construct a competitive team. Liverpool does not have the players for a Top 6 position. They didn't finish top 6 last season and they aren't going to again this season. I would say that Kuyt, Cole and Torres are their only world class players. Gerard and Skrtel are too, but only on their day. They have a big rebuilding job to do and no money with which to do it. I actually feel sorry for Roy H. He deserves better.

Disagree fully. You need a team. Does not have to be the Man City/Real Madrid of 42 world stars :) But to have a team, you need to have a club not in economic and "political" turmoil, plus a coach that the team believes in. Roy H. has already lost (or so it seems) the trust of some players and that aint good. Now he can get it back but he has not made any friends in the team by the way he has played people and the style he has played.

As for world class players.. again you dont need 11 of them on the pitch. You need a team that can play together and play for each other. Take Real Madrid.. almost "World class" on each position, and yet they cant play for **** under the special one. Yesterday in the CL, they were lucky to win over Auxerre. Sure they dominated, but got very few chances, and were mostly broken up in the midfield by Auxerre. Ronaldo was laying down trying to get an oscar more than he was standing. And in the end it was one of the not "world class" players that got them their goal. Same in La Liga against Levante... was not a "team" on the pitch but 11 individuals going for glory, and they only drew away against a newcomer to La Liga.

Yes and the passion, desire and commitment is hard to come by when the back room of the club is in chaos.

We're still talking about Premiership players vs League 2 players. In the old days before the Premiership we would be talking about Division 1 vs Division 4.

We're still talking about Premiership players vs League 2 players. In the old days before the Premiership we would be talking about Division 1 vs Division 4.

And the Faeroe Islands beat Austria many years ago.. and Broendby IF in Denmark (oldtimer top team) got beaten by a league 3 team (semi pro at best) just last week. The common denominator.. back room problems.

-- Let's speak again on Sunday IC, after City meet the Toon. I certainly expect to win, but I also expect a few goals in both nets.

Man City 2 - Newcastle 1: de Jong was shown to be hooligan during the World Cup (not that many of the Dutch players did any better) but his "tackle" on Hatem Ben Arfa could ruin our season.

He now has a double leg fracture which quite probably ends his career. :(

Brian Kidd, defended his midfielder over the tackle.

He said: “There was no malice in it, definitely not. Nigel’s not that type of lad."

Was Kidd looking the other way during the World Cup? Do we need to show Kidd de Jong's tackle on Xabi Alonso to see just how dangerous this guy is?

Man City 2 - Newcastle 1: de Jong was shown to be hooligan during the World Cup (not that many of the Dutch players did any better) but his "tackle" on Hatem Ben Arfa could ruin our season.

He now has a double leg fracture which quite probably ends his career. :(

Yea I have zero respect for De Jong any more. Was a horrible tackle.

I hope to god it wont be the end of his career.

Was Kidd looking the other way during the World Cup? Do we need to show Kidd de Jong's tackle on Xabi Alonso to see just how dangerous this guy is?

Should have gotten a red card for that, but the English idiot ref ****ed that up.

Poor Liverpool :( Hope they can get out of this rot they are in.

Poor Liverpool :( Hope they can get out of this rot they are in.

You know, when I was hearing in the sport news on TV over here that Liverpool has lost 1-2 to Blackpool I was in the middle of a FIFA 11 game vs. an AI, me being Blackpool and the AI being Liverpool, and the score was 2-0 to Blackpool. What are the odds.

Thankfully it ended with a different score (6-1), so it's not that much of a coincidence.

Back
Top Bottom