• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Energy Department to Ban Foreign Talent- Recruitment Programs

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.wsj.com/articles/energy...reign-talent-recruitment-programs-11549052674

U.S. takes aim at programs run by China and others it says can threaten national security

WASHINGTON—The U.S. Energy Department says it will ban its scientists and other employees from participating in talent-recruitment programs sponsored by China and other countries suspected of using them to obtain sensitive research.

In a memo issued Friday, the department said it would require all of its personnel, contracted scientists and future grant recipients to declare any connections to programs from countries it determines as “sensitive.” Employees with the links will be asked to either sever those ties or resign,...[paywall]
==============================================================
Bright young scientists recruited from adversarial countries such as China have for a large part turned out to be spies, funneling proprietary industry & DOE intellectual property back to China, Iran & Russia. I'm frankly surprised that the presently dysfunctional U.S. Government would initiate such a proactive policy but I'm glad to see us move to cut off this flow of pirated IP to people who do not have our best interests at heart.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/energy...reign-talent-recruitment-programs-11549052674

U.S. takes aim at programs run by China and others it says can threaten national security

WASHINGTON—The U.S. Energy Department says it will ban its scientists and other employees from participating in talent-recruitment programs sponsored by China and other countries suspected of using them to obtain sensitive research.

In a memo issued Friday, the department said it would require all of its personnel, contracted scientists and future grant recipients to declare any connections to programs from countries it determines as “sensitive.” Employees with the links will be asked to either sever those ties or resign,...[paywall]
Bright young scientists recruited from adversarial countries such as China have for a large part turned out to be spies, funneling proprietary industry & DOE intellectual property back to China, Iran & Russia. I'm frankly surprised that the presently dysfunctional U.S. Government would initiate such a proactive policy but I'm glad to see us move to cut off this flow of pirated IP to people who do not have our best interests at heart.

This shouldn't surprise you. After all, this is right in line with everything Trump has been doing in respect to China.

If this is a Trump move I'll still applaud it.

Back in 2017, Trump put the kibosh on a Chinese private equity company buying US-based Lattice Semiconductor Corp. for obvious reasons.

Back
Top Bottom