• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Energized white supremacists cheer trump convention message

Who cares?

A lot of people who don't belong to such organizations also cheered his message...

or are you implying that anyone else who supports Trump must by association be racists too?

It is true that a politician cannot always determine who supports him...but by the same token, when that candidate has already been dogged by accusations of racism, xenophobia, and misogyny, it does speak volumes of the support that he's getting from white supremacists.

For instance, the "Jewish Star" smear page that Trump retweeted. The real issue wasn't the attack itself - the real issue was that Trump got that information from a white supremacist site. Why was Trump on a white supremacist site to begin with, much less retweeting information from that site? Even if we buy the line that it wasn't him, it was one of his staff...what does that say of Trump, that he's got staff that frequent white supremacist sites?

In other words, the support that Trump's getting from white supremacists is a validation of the very real likelihood based on his previous actions that he is racist and xenophobic.

It is true that a politician cannot always determine who supports him...but by the same token, when that candidate has already been dogged by accusations of racism, xenophobia, and misogyny, it does speak volumes of the support that he's getting from white supremacists.

For instance, the "Jewish Star" smear page that Trump retweeted. The real issue wasn't the attack itself - the real issue was that Trump got that information from a white supremacist site. Why was Trump on a white supremacist site to begin with, much less retweeting information from that site? Even if we buy the line that it wasn't him, it was one of his staff...what does that say of Trump, that he's got staff that frequent white supremacist sites?

In other words, the support that Trump's getting from white supremacists is a validation of the very real likelihood based on his previous actions that he is racist and xenophobic.

I don't use Twitter, so correct me if I am wrong...doesn't "retweet" mean to repost another user's message on the social networking website Twitter?

Doesn't that mean where a tweet was sent to a person, and then that person resends it to all their own followers? How does that translate into getting the info from a website?

As for the racism and xenophobia meme?

I believe I have pointed out in other threads that people are confusing nationalism with racism. Nor is it (at least IMO) xenophobic to oppose allowing mass-migrations of rootless refugees who have no intention if assimilating like normal immigrants into our nation; OR seeking a better vetting process of Muslim immigrants before accepting them here.

I've actually raised this issue in a poll:

http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls...-public-policy-differentiate-between-two.html

Last edited:
Are you saying there are no communists or thugs or welfare cheats or fat cats voting Democratic?

Nope.
I'm asking if you can back up your assertion. It appears right now that the answer is no.

I will not lie, the democratic party for so long has tried to use every attempt to label any republican as racist, so much to the point trump could walk on to stage in a clan robe and people would ignore the claims he is racist.

It is like the boy who cried wolf, after wolf or in this case racist has been claimed so many times, no one will believe it.

In this case, it's not the Democrats who are claiming anyone is racist, but the self admitted racists.

In this case, it's not the Democrats who are claiming anyone is racist, but the self admitted racists.

They are still way way past the point anyone takes any of those accusations serious. boy who cried wolf and all.

Nope.
I'm asking if you can back up your assertion. It appears right now that the answer is no.

Van Jones is a Communist and has quite a bit of influence in the party. He was also an Obama suck puppy until he had to resign. Anyway the fact is common knowledge the Democratic party is full of bad actors.

They claimed Trump is racist? Where? The only people who ever smear their political opponents as racists are leftists. Like you.

They are still way way past the point anyone takes any of those accusations serious. boy who cried wolf and all.

I suppose you have a point there. It's a lot like the people who accused Obama of being a Muslim and hating America. The rhetoric is so over the top no one believes it, and when it's repeated it just is ignored. In this case, however, it is the self declared white supremacists who like Trump. One must wonder just what is in his message that appeals to them.

Van Jones is a Communist and has quite a bit of influence in the party. He was also an Obama suck puppy until he had to resign. Anyway the fact is common knowledge the Democratic party is full of bad actors.

That may be.
Of course, it has nothing to do with white supremacist liking Trump. It's just a "the other side is bad too" sort of argument.

They claimed Trump is racist? Where? The only people who ever smear their political opponents as racists are leftists. Like you.

I didn't claim Trump is a racist. I posted that the racists like his message. You can conclude from that whatever you will.

Nor did I claim to be a leftist. I'm not even sure what you mean by that term.

That may be.
Of course, it has nothing to do with white supremacist liking Trump. It's just a "the other side is bad too" sort of argument.

Trump, like any candidate, will take all the support he can get. White supremacists voting for him reflect nothing on his character.

I didn't claim Trump is a racist. I posted that the racists like his message. You can conclude from that whatever you will.
And my conclusion is that you started this thread to push the idea that Trump and his followers are racist. Its hardly the first thread like this you have started. You are engaging in a smear and what isn't even guilt by association since Trump does not associate with these people.

Nor did I claim to be a leftist. I'm not even sure what you mean by that term.
You spread smears and lies like leftists do, so what else am I to conclude.

And my conclusion is that you started this thread to push the idea that Trump and his followers are racist. Its hardly the first thread like this you have started. You are engaging in a smear and what isn't even guilt by association since Trump does not associate with these people.

You spread smears and lies like leftists do, so what else am I to conclude.

I spread good, reliable information on the conman and fraud that is currently running for president. Were he to still be a Democrat, then I'd be accused of being a right winger.

If white supremacists like his message, what does that tell you about that message?

clinton-byrd.jpg

What does that image tell you? That's a former KKK leader that Hillary is smooching.

If white supremacists like his message, what does that tell you about that message?

If you are correct does this indict all black for "Pigs in a blanket, fry them like bacon"? I wouldn't think so. Sounds like kind of a stupid premise to me.

Back
Top Bottom