• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Endurance: Shackleton's lost ship is found in Antarctic

This is amazing and also crazy how well preserved the wreck is! I can't wait to see some of the footage of it.
What a spooky picture! Imagine being in that sub 10,000 feet deep and your headlight reveals that! It would send a shiver up your back.

This is amazing and also crazy how well preserved the wreck is! I can't wait to see some of the footage of it.

Amazing! Literally, amazing!

I can't thank you enough for posting this! Ever since I was a kid, I was fascinated by Arctic & Antarctic explorers, reading all I could on them.

And check-out the fortuitous, below! Wha???

For over two weeks, the subs had combed a predefined search area, investigating various interesting targets, before finally uncovering the wreck site on Saturday - the 100th anniversary of Shackleton's funeral.

I can't thank you enough for posting this! Ever since I was a kid, I was fascinated by Arctic & Antarctic explorers, reading all I could on them.

Its so fascinating to me that even though Shackleton feels so long ago we are able to feel so connected to him and the expedition with this find.

Its so fascinating to me that even though Shackleton feels so long ago we are able to feel so connected to him and the expedition with this find.

I think some of us are 'adventurers at heart', even if only by armchair reading!

Im surprised they havent made a movie or TV show of Shackleton yet. It has got to be one of the greatest tales of suvival ever.

They already made a book and a show about the Terror, which is more fantasy based.

Im surprised they havent made a movie or TV show of Shackleton yet. It has got to be one of the greatest tales of suvival ever.

They already made a book and a show about the Terror, which is more fantasy based.

They did a good two part movie with Kenneth Branagh if you can find it.

Reactions: PoS
They did a good two part movie with Kenneth Branagh if you can find it.
Thanks. It didnt show up on Shackleton's wiki page so I never knew it existed.

I've always been an admirer of Frank Worsley, the skipper of the Endurance. His navigation to South Georgia was the stuff of legend... and apparently his estimated fix on where the Endurance sank was less than 4 nm from where they found her! Not too shabby given the equipment and conditions he was working with.

Back
Top Bottom