• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:955] End Times Prophecies: Are they lining up to be fulfilled?

tosca1

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Interesting developments in the world seems to be compatible with what is prophesied to come before the Second Coming of Jesus Christ.
The prophecy of Joel talks about the Middle East after Israel has come back to her land.

Joel 2

30 “And I will show wonders in the heavens and in the earth:
Blood and fire and pillars of smoke.

31 The sun shall be turned into darkness,
And the moon into blood,
Before the coming of the great and awesome day of the Lord.

Could that be a description of a nuclear blast?

When a nuclear device is exploded, a large fireball is created. Everything inside of this fireball vaporizes, including soil and water, and is carried upwards. This creates the mushroom cloud that we associate with a nuclear blast, detonation, or explosion. Radioactive material from the nuclear device mixes with the vaporized material in the mushroom cloud. As this vaporized radioactive material cools, it becomes condensed and forms particles, such as dust. The condensed radioactive material then falls back to the earth; this is what is known as fallout.

https://www.cdc.gov/nceh/radiation/emergencies/nuclearfaq.htm

The sun turned into darkness refers to a, “nuclear autumn?” A “nuclear winter?”

Nuclear winter is a severe and prolonged global climatic cooling effect that is hypothesized[1][2] to occur after widespread firestorms following a large-scale nuclear war.[3] The hypothesis is based on the fact that such fires can inject soot into the stratosphere, where it can block some direct sunlight from reaching the surface of the Earth. It is speculated that the resulting cooling would lead to widespread crop failure and famine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_winter

Rev 16
12 The sixth angel poured out his bowl on the great river Euphrates, and its water was dried up to prepare the way for the kings from the East.

That prophecy named a particular river – the Euphrates – that will dry up.

Iraq is running out of water. Today, the Tigris and Euphrates, life-giving rivers that have nourished Iraq’s agricultural plains for over 8,000 years, are but shadows of their former selves, and the farmers that rely on them are in dire straits. In an attempt to fix the issue, Baghdad has banned most cultivation of major crops like corn and rice, pushing farmers closer to despair.

https://insidearabia.com/water-is-life-in-iraq-its-running-dry/

The “Kings of the East,” is said to be CHINA!

The following is just an excerpt from a very long article that explains.

12. The Kings Of The East: The Oriental Confederacy

One of the significant developments of the twentieth century is the political and military awakening of the Orient. The great nations of Asia east of the Euphrates River, slumbering for centuries, are now beginning to stir and to become a major factor in the international situation. The geographic immensity and the millions of humanity involved make it inevitable that any future development embracing the entire world must take the Orient into consideration.

Although all of the details are not entirely clear, the most reasonable explanation of this prophecy, related as it is to the great river Euphrates which forms the eastern boundary of the ancient Roman Empire, is that the army comes from the Orient and crosses the Euphrates River in order to participate in the struggle that is going on in the land of Israel.

A most staggering statistic is the fact that the number of the horsemen is declared to be two hundred thousand thousand or two hundred million. Never in the history of the human race until now has there been an army of this size. The statistics of two hundred million horsemen must have been especially astounding to the Apostle John for at that time the total world population did not exceed this number. With the twentieth century and its attendant population explosion, however, the number of an army of two hundred million men becomes increasingly a possibility and with modern transportation and means of supply, for the first time in history such an army is plausible.

It is at least of more than passing interest that Red China alone claims to have a man and woman militia engaging in serious training numbering two hundred million (Time, May 21, 1965, page 35), precisely the figure mentioned in Revelation 9:16.

Conclusion

The ultimate explanation is therefore relatively a simple one. By an act of God the Euphrates River is dried up. This makes easy the descent of the tremendous army of two hundred million men upon the land of Israel to participate in the final world conflict. If such an army is to be raised up, it would be natural to conclude that it would come from Asia, the great population center of the world. Although they seem to come in opposition to the Roman ruler and his power, it is clear that this invasion springs from unbelief and these armies like the others gathered “to the battle of that great day of God Almighty” forget their individual conflicts to oppose the coming of Jesus Christ in power and glory from heaven.

https://bible.org/seriespage/12-kings-east-oriental-confederacy

Revelation 9
18 A third of mankind was killed by the three plagues of fire, smoke and sulfur that came out of their mouths.

China appears to be expanding its nuclear capabilities, U.S. researchers say in new report

"China's nuclear force posture has evolved steadily over the past 10 years with road-mobile missile launchers recently joined by the nuclear-capable H-6N bomber, a new submarine-launched ballistic missile, and a growing number of static silos, giving China an increasingly robust and survivable nuclear triad," said Drew Thompson, a former U.S. Defense Department official and visiting senior research fellow at the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy at the National University of Singapore.

In a statement provided to CNN, a U.S. State Department spokesperson described the apparent buildup as "deeply concerning," noting that it raised questions as to China's true intent.

Mark 13 (KJV)

32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.
------------

Only the Father knows of the end of days. No one else. That's what Jesus said.

Mark 13 (KJV)

32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.
------------

True, but that doesn't mean to ignore the signs when they appear. He also said (Luke 21):

“There will be signs in sun and moon and stars, and on the earth dismay among nations, in perplexity at the roaring of the sea and the waves, men fainting from fear and the expectation of the things which are coming upon the world; for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. But when these things begin to take place, straighten up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.

and...

Be on guard, so that your hearts will not be weighted down with dissipation and drunkenness and the worries of life, and that day will not come on you suddenly like a trap; for it will come upon all those who dwell on the face of all the earth. But keep on the alert at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that are about to take place, and to stand before the Son of Man.

Whether we're seeing these signs now or not - dunno. But at the very least they ought to perk us up, put us on our guard, and remind us to keep alert for the possibility of His coming.

True, but that doesn't mean to ignore the signs when they appear. He also said (Luke 21):

“There will be signs in sun and moon and stars, and on the earth dismay among nations, in perplexity at the roaring of the sea and the waves, men fainting from fear and the expectation of the things which are coming upon the world; for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. But when these things begin to take place, straighten up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.

and...

Be on guard, so that your hearts will not be weighted down with dissipation and drunkenness and the worries of life, and that day will not come on you suddenly like a trap; for it will come upon all those who dwell on the face of all the earth. But keep on the alert at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that are about to take place, and to stand before the Son of Man.

Whether we're seeing these signs now or not - dunno. But at the very least they ought to perk us up, put us on our guard, and remind us to keep alert for the possibility of His coming.
You think you're the first person to use the Bible to predict the end of days? I can't count the number of people who've done it since I've been alive. It seems every forum on the web has an end of days forecaster.

All of them spend a lot of time and energy. All of them have Biblical quotes. All of them have reasonable examples from the news of the day. This has been happening since The Revelation of St. John the Divine first appeared. How many have been right so far?
(Counts on fingers, carries the 1, mumbles) oh, ZERO. So I'm going to stick with Jesus and believe no one one knows.

However, you seem to enjoy working on this. As long as you don't convince people to give away all their worldly goods and sit on a lonely hilltop somewhere, as many have done before you, you're good with me. 😀

You think you're the first person to use the Bible to predict the end of days? I can't count the number of people who've done it since I've been alive. It seems every forum on the web has an end of days forecaster.

All of them spend a lot of time and energy. All of them have Biblical quotes. All of them have reasonable examples from the news of the day. This has been happening since The Revelation of St. John the Divine first appeared. How many have been right so far?
(Counts on fingers, carries the 1, mumbles) oh, ZERO. So I'm going to stick with Jesus and believe no one one knows.

However, you seem to enjoy working on this. As long as you don't convince people to give away all their worldly goods and sit on a lonely hilltop somewhere, as many have done before you, you're good with me. 😀
Well, that wasn't what I posted - in fact, 1) I agreed with your post, that no one knows when - not even Jesus Himself. And 2) I said - "Whether we're seeing these signs now or not - dunno."

All my post acknowledged was the need to be alert. Nothing more.

Well, that wasn't what I posted - in fact, 1) I agreed with your post, that no one knows when - not even Jesus Himself. And 2) I said - "Whether we're seeing these signs now or not - dunno."

All my post acknowledged was the need to be alert. Nothing more.
Fair enough.

Interesting developments in the world seems to be compatible with what is prophesied to come before the Second Coming of Jesus Christ.
The prophecy of Joel talks about the Middle East after Israel has come back to her land.

Joel 2

30 “And I will show wonders in the heavens and in the earth:
Blood and fire and pillars of smoke.

31 The sun shall be turned into darkness,
And the moon into blood,
Before the coming of the great and awesome day of the Lord.

Could that be a description of a nuclear blast?

When a nuclear device is exploded, a large fireball is created. Everything inside of this fireball vaporizes, including soil and water, and is carried upwards. This creates the mushroom cloud that we associate with a nuclear blast, detonation, or explosion. Radioactive material from the nuclear device mixes with the vaporized material in the mushroom cloud. As this vaporized radioactive material cools, it becomes condensed and forms particles, such as dust. The condensed radioactive material then falls back to the earth; this is what is known as fallout.

https://www.cdc.gov/nceh/radiation/emergencies/nuclearfaq.htm

The sun turned into darkness refers to a, “nuclear autumn?” A “nuclear winter?”

Nuclear winter is a severe and prolonged global climatic cooling effect that is hypothesized[1][2] to occur after widespread firestorms following a large-scale nuclear war.[3] The hypothesis is based on the fact that such fires can inject soot into the stratosphere, where it can block some direct sunlight from reaching the surface of the Earth. It is speculated that the resulting cooling would lead to widespread crop failure and famine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_winter

With respect, the end times have been predicted to be the current times for all of time.

Didn't Jesus say some people alive in His day would see the end of days?
I'm not aware of Him ever saying that. Perhaps you're thinking of this in Luke 9:

For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when He comes in His glory, and the glory of the Father and of the holy angels. But I say to you truthfully, there are some of those standing here who will not taste death until they see the kingdom of God.”

But there He's talking about His crucifixion and resurrection, which ushered in the kingdom of God.

Christians will be right about the apocalypse even if they have to cause it themselves just to make the point.
What's that supposed to mean?

I'm not aware of Him ever saying that. Perhaps you're thinking of this in Luke 9:

For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when He comes in His glory, and the glory of the Father and of the holy angels. But I say to you truthfully, there are some of those standing here who will not taste death until they see the kingdom of God.”

But there He's talking about His crucifixion and resurrection, which ushered in the kingdom of God.
I bow to your interpretation of the quote I was too lazy to look up. It's only fair.

Actually, Jesus is referring to the transfiguration, where Peter, James, and John witnessed a vision of Jesus coming in power in the kingdom of God...this occurred on a mountain sometime after Passover of 32 CE, quite a while before Jesus’ final trip to Jerusalem and his death and resurrection...Matthew 17:1-9; Mark 9:2-10; Luke 9:28-36...

lol...the Bible has not predicted anything accurately yet. Hell, the stupid book doesn't even mention Kangaroos.

Mark 13 (KJV)

------------

I'm not talking about the Second Coming.
The Topic isn't saying anyhing about when that would be.
The topic is about the prophecies that are supposed to happen BEFORE the Second Coming.

With respect, the end times have been predicted to be the current times for all of time.

In all ages, people must be saying whenever catastrophe and war came, "the end is near."

But....as far as the prophecies - have they ever come as closed to this?
Just look at the Tigris and Euphrates river drying up, China making all sorts of alliances, nuclear attacks are more imminent, even the fall of Afghanistan might have a significance since it'll bring China on the doorstep of Israel if they built that highway all the way from China across Afghanistan.
China has the capability to kill a third of the world's population with a nuclear attack.

After its defeat in Afghanistan by the Taliban, and the possible ramifications that bring........could the USA be the Great Babylon?

Revelations 8

The Fall of Babylon the Great

18 After these things I saw another angel coming down from heaven, having great authority, and the earth was illuminated with his glory.
2 And he cried [a]mightily with a loud voice, saying, “Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and has become a dwelling place of demons, a prison for every foul spirit, and a cage for every unclean and hated bird!

3 For all the nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth have become rich through the abundance of her luxury.”

4 And I heard another voice from heaven saying, “Come out of her, my people, lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her plagues.

5 For her sins have reached to heaven, and God has remembered her iniquities.
6 Render to her just as she rendered to you, and repay her double according to her works; in the cup which she has mixed, mix double for her.

7 In the measure that she glorified herself and lived luxuriously, in the same measure give her torment and sorrow; for she says in her heart, ‘I sit as queen, and am no widow, and will not see sorrow.’
8 Therefore her plagues will come in one day—death and mourning and famine. And she will be utterly burned with fire, for strong is the Lord God who judges her.

Last edited:
If the Mets come back and win the division it will surely be the beginning of the end as they would need divine intervention to accomplish that feat.

If the Mets come back and win the division it will surely be the beginning of the end as they would need divine intervention to accomplish that feat.

????

The OP is meant for just speculations as far as prophecies are concerned.
There is nothing wrong in speculating about them, after all they were given, aren't they?
To speculate about the prophecies isn't the same as trying to predict the date of the Second Coming.

There are events still to go through - like, are we getting into the Tribulation period? Just read about Climate Change and what they say it will bring on top of what other things happening. Where on earth is there any peace at all?

Mark 13
7 When you hear of wars and rumors of wars, do not be alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come.
8 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be earthquakes in various places, and famines.
These are the beginning of birth pains.

9 “You must be on your guard. You will be handed over to the local councils and flogged in the synagogues. On account of me you will stand before governors and kings as witnesses to them.
10 And the gospel must first be preached to all nations.

With technology - the Gospel is reaching far corners of the earth. Therefore, that too, seems to be coming to fulfillment.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom