• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

End of the world averted! Whew, that was close!

Dittohead not!

master political analyst
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I wonder if anyone else noticed the irony of the United Kingdom, once owner of colonies around the world, seeing the need to declare its independence of a tyrannical entity.

Oh, I'm sure the story of the Brits having averted the end of the world must have come out of the left. That's why Sarah Palin liked it so much.

The Brits did avert disaster.

That's an opinion, of course, and may or may not turn out to be correct, but...

Did they avert end of the world, or was that hyperbole?

Perhaps they did avert the end of the world...as they know it. They may see their world differently than you see yours. Perception is reality.

Perhaps they did avert the end of the world...as they know it. They may see their world differently than you see yours. Perception is reality.

And I perceived the hype to be from the right wing, not the left. Funny, that.

Oh come now. You KNOW a one-world government is a sign of the anti-Christ, pre-cursor to Armageddon? :lol:

Dodged a bullet on that one...for the time being? ;)

Do you support the idea of a one world government? (All non-sense aside).

Sarah Palin celebrates Brexit, says U.K. avoided ‘apocalyptic One World Government’

Just thought everyone here would want to know. We can go on living now.

Right wingers like Palin don't have a monopoly on apocalyptic visions cum fear mongering. I note that the stock market hasn't crashed and nobody's 401k has tanked now that Brexit has passed. That particular gem I thought was due to Soros, the lucky hedge fund manager who has become the know all, see all prophet of everything in particular of the left. But it turns out all he said was that the British pound would fall in value.

No, the prophets of Brexit doom have been small time financial pundits like those at CNN Money and the prognosticators at Morgan Stanley. Now that the markets have held up they are positing that the worse is yet to come. Yeah, right. All of these doom mongers apparently have in common the assumption that Brexit means the end of world trade with the UK, which is ridiculous.

Right wingers like Palin don't have a monopoly on apocalyptic visions cum fear mongering. I note that the stock market hasn't crashed and nobody's 401k has tanked now that Brexit has passed. That particular gem I thought was due to Soros, the lucky hedge fund manager who has become the know all, see all prophet of everything in particular of the left. But it turns out all he said was that the British pound would fall in value.

No, the prophets of Brexit doom have been small time financial pundits like those at CNN Money and the prognosticators at Morgan Stanley. Now that the markets have held up they are positing that the worse is yet to come. Yeah, right. All of these doom mongers apparently have in common the assumption that Brexit means the end of world trade with the UK, which is ridiculous.
No, they don't have a monopoly, but this particular apocalyptic vision cum fear mongering came straight from the right wing.

All of these doom mongers apparently have in common the assumption that Brexit means the end of world trade with the UK, which is ridiculous.

That actually is a ridiculous statement.

In fact the market finished today at pre-Brexit highs. Doomsayers ran for the exits and the Bulls gobbled up all the low hanging fruit. Boy, is this a great country.

The sky is falling, the sky is falling!

And I perceived the hype to be from the right wing, not the left. Funny, that.

Hmmmm well, it was the left that predicted doom and gloom for the UK, and even BO himself went over there to threatened the Brits, seems like that was all :bs

That actually is a ridiculous statement.

Ah, well, the arbiter of truth has spoken. Since you know the Truth, perhaps you can tell all of us why Brexit should result in a recession or why the stock market prices should fall.

Hmmmm well, it was the left that predicted doom and gloom for the UK, and even BO himself went over there to threatened the Brits, seems like that was all :bs

And it was Sarah Palin who said that the Brits had avoided an "apocalyptic One World Government" and may have avoided the end of the world.

So, either that's not hype, or Sarah is a leftie. Which is it?

Back
Top Bottom