• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

End All Mask Mandates June 1st

It's not. A cloth rag across your face is only good to hide your facial expressions. It does nothing to stop a virus from spreading.
The better the mask the more aerosols get filtered out. Masks do not eliminate transmission, they reduce it.

I have an experiment for you that I have proposed to others here. One person wrote back that they tried it; their results are below:

Find a mirror and get a few inches away from it. Breathe out slowly and create a condensation pattern on the mirror. Form the largest area possible. Now get a good non vented mask and get the same distance from the mirror and try to create a condensation area on the mirror again, this time masked. Compare the size of the condensation. If you are honest about this you will notice that the size of the condensation pattern on the mirror is smaller when you wear your mask. Now where did the rest of the aerosols go? Not into the clouds somewhere. They are located inside your mask of course, the only other place where they could be. These are the same aerosols that carry virions; the virus does not travel alone-it needs moisture droplets.

The person who did the experiment reported the same results I found: neither of us could see any condensation on the mirror at all, no matter how hard we tried, when we were wearing a good mask. Simple cloth mask reduce the condensation area; good KN95 masks eliminate it.

This is how masks work.

OK, I'll tell you why:

Because I am going to be listening to the doctors and infectious disease experts at the CDC and their recommendations, and I am going to be completely disregarding any "proposals" from irrelevant nobodies on the Internet that got their medical "education" from reading political blogs and conspiracy websites.
Its not even complicated, lol.
Any more questions: just ask! I'm here to help. 👍
The covidiots refuse to behave themselves in public simply BECAUSE they were told which ways they could help end the pandemic. They are like two year old children at bedtime.
"But I don't waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaana"

Ok if you are two years old; disgusting if you are an adult.

So what? A mask is useless anyway.

Tahuyaman spreads more disinformation to hide the fact that he has no problem with over 500,000 dead Americans. :)

The better the mask the more aerosols get filtered out. Masks do not eliminate transmission, they reduce it.

I have an experiment for you that I have proposed to others here. One person wrote back that they tried it; their results are below:

Find a mirror and get a few inches away from it. Breathe out slowly and create a condensation pattern on the mirror. Form the largest area possible. Now get a good non vented mask and get the same distance from the mirror and try to create a condensation area on the mirror again, this time masked. Compare the size of the condensation. If you are honest about this you will notice that the size of the condensation pattern on the mirror is smaller when you wear your mask. Now where did the rest of the aerosols go? Not into the clouds somewhere. They are located inside your mask of course, the only other place where they could be. These are the same aerosols that carry virions; the virus does not travel alone-it needs moisture droplets.

The person who did the experiment reported the same results I found: neither of us could see any condensation on the mirror at all, no matter how hard we tried, when we were wearing a good mask. Simple cloth mask reduce the condensation area; good KN95 masks eliminate it.

This is how masks work.

I believe that was me you're referring to? And yes I tried that experiment with a cloth mask, and not only got reduced condensation, I got none at all. This was a cloth mask that's 2 or three layers (the place I bought it from said a third layer of polyester was fused to the top layer, but I never took it apart to check).

I propose all national and state mask mandates end June 1st.
Make all mask wearing 100% voluntary.

By then, anyone who truly wanted a vaccine will have had a chance to get one. Or both as it were.

Those without a vaccine can still wear masks, or not.

Let all businesses return to whatever normal each owner chooses.

It’s time to truly get back to “normal” and/or actually test the science behind the vaccines.

Tell me why this is the wrong path to take.
If it's 100% voluntary then businesses can't mandate it due to the definition of "100%".

You want more like a 30-40% voluntary.

I propose all national and state mask mandates end June 1st.
Make all mask wearing 100% voluntary.

By then, anyone who truly wanted a vaccine will have had a chance to get one. Or both as it were.

Those without a vaccine can still wear masks, or not.

Let all businesses return to whatever normal each owner chooses.

It’s time to truly get back to “normal” and/or actually test the science behind the vaccines.

Tell me why this is the wrong path to take.
Well well well… :LOL:

CDC Says Fully Vaccinated People Can Stop Wearing Masks Indoors - https://www.npr.org/2021/05/13/996582891/fully-vaccinated-people-can-stop-wearing-masks-indoors-and-outdoors-cdc-says

Back
Top Bottom