• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

End All Mask Mandates June 1st

SB615 (now Act 1030) prohibits government entities from requiring proof of vaccination for any purpose, and prohibits any entity from requiring proof of vaccination as "a condition for entry, travel, education, or services".

The NCSL was likely referring to HB1547, which was much narrower.

There is no law requiring one to obey a sign posted at the door of a business. Trespassing only applies if Walmart asks the non-sheep to leave, which they aren't anymore (technically Walmart is violating a city ordinance by not excluding us, but that ordinance isn't being enforced and will be void in three months' time).

Normal people in this part of the country are getting on with our lives. Those who want the vaccine have gotten it, and those who don't haven't. We are thankfully short on busybodies like yourself.

With all the respect due to you -and I think you know exactly how much that is-I’ll check the language of that bill too since you have trouble conveying information that isn’t misleading propaganda. Regardless, this will almost certainly be settled in the courts. I am quite sure that the courts will decide that businesses may conduct their affairs in any manner they see fit within existing anti discrimination laws. I am also equally certain that some businesses in your state will require vaccination of employees and/or customers just as they are doing in Florida and Texas as they laugh at the executive orders in those states.
The covidiots are prolonging the pandemic not just for themselves but also for normal people.
Once these vaccines are fully approved some businesses/universities etc will be requiring vaccination as a condition of employment or utilization of their services.
Tell you what: let’s make a gentleman’s bet on it. If, after the mRNA vaccines are fully approved not a single business or college/university in the entire state of Arkansas has mandated that its employees/customers/students within four months after approval I will donate $100 to your favorite non political charity. If on the other hand there is even a single business/college/university in your state that mandates that employees/customers/or students must be vaccinated against Covid then you must donate $100 to the non political charity of my choice.
Up for that? Oh- one more thing. In your state the precedent has already been set. It would be foolish for you to assume Covid vaccination is going to be any different:

“ To attend a public or private college or university within the state of Arkansas, students must show proof of 2 MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) immunizations, immunity to measles, mumps, and rubella, a medical or non-medical exemption, or birth before January 1957.”

Last edited:
SB615 (now Act 1030) prohibits government entities from requiring proof of vaccination for any purpose, and prohibits any entity from requiring proof of vaccination as "a condition for entry, travel, education, or services".

The NCSL was likely referring to HB1547, which was much narrower.

There is no law requiring one to obey a sign posted at the door of a business. Trespassing only applies if Walmart asks the non-sheep to leave, which they aren't anymore (technically Walmart is violating a city ordinance by not excluding us, but that ordinance isn't being enforced and will be void in three months' time).

Normal people in this part of the country are getting on with our lives. Those who want the vaccine have gotten it, and those who don't haven't. We are thankfully short on busybodies like yourself.

Act 1030.
Nowhere is there any prohibition against a business requiring Covid vaccination. Businesses are free to withold services to anyone they choose.

Ethel2 said:
I am also equally certain that some businesses in your state will require vaccination of employees and/or customers just as they are doing in Florida and Texas as they laugh at the executive orders in those states.
I'm not aware of any businesses in those states currently defying their executive orders.
The covidiots are prolonging the pandemic not just for themselves but also for normal people.
Covid will remain a pandemic disease for the indefinite future, just as the flu and the cold are pandemic diseases. The "pandemic", as a sociological phenomenon, will end whenever people get over it (in this part of the country it is almost over).
Tell you what: let’s make a gentleman’s bet on it. If, after the mRNA vaccines are fully approved not a single business or college/university in the entire state of Arkansas has mandated that its employees/customers/students within four months after approval I will donate $100 to your favorite non political charity. If on the other hand there is even a single business/college/university in your state that mandates that employees/customers/or students must be vaccinated against Covid then you must donate $100 to the non political charity of my choice.

Up for that?
I would agree to that with the following conditions:

1. Strike the bit about private businesses making their employees be vaccinated, as that is (unfortunately) not prohibited by law here.
2. If a college/business announces (within the time limit) an intention to mandate the vaccine but changes its mind before the mandate actually begins to be implemented or within one month of beginning to implement it, that does not count against me (OTOH if they announce a definite intention within the time limit it will count against me, notwithstanding that actual implementation was after the time limit had passed).
3. If a college/business begins implementing a vaccine mandate but is subject to legal action (by the state or by the aggrieved parties) within one month, it will not count against me if the courts rule against the college/business or a settlement is reached in which they revoke the mandate. OTOH if the case is decided or settles without overturning the mandate, it does count against me.
4. If the only business that you can cite is an airline or a cruise line, the bet is a draw (I'm not willing to stake money on these interstate businesses not wiggling their way out of state regulation).
5. If the state legislature repeals the relevant laws and you can cite no examples of a vaccine mandate being implemented prior to the repeal, the bet is a draw.
6. The four month time limit begins when any of the vaccines are fully approved by the FDA.
7. If the FDA does not approve any of the vaccines by the end of 2023 (and no vaccine mandates have been implemented prior to that deadline), the bet is a draw.
8. The term "non political charity" is understood to exclude anything that either of us would find morally offensive.

I could explain your error, but it's more fun to just laugh at you.

Go ahead and take another look at that law . . . see if you can spot the problem.

I’ll just assume your post was another lie if that’s ok

Yes. Do you agree to the terms set out in post 178?

I got as far as 1.
Of course I don’t agree with that. That is exactly what I am referring to-that some private businesses CAN and WILL require vaccination for their employees and customers . It’s exactly what I have been saying. It’s going to happen. What you republican controlled state government does with this is going to be a partisan choice. Businesses are under no obligation to follow illegal regulations as to who they may hire or fire. It is these businesses that will require that their customers be vaccinated that will have the greatest impact on YOUR life, not your state government.
I am glad you conceded my point that in your state it’s perfectly legal for a business to deny service to anyone they choose including the unvaccinated and hire or fire anyone they choose as well as set the conditions of their workplace.
That is precisely my point.

Last edited:
I got as far as 1.
Of course I don’t agree with that.
Okay. So you're not willing to bet on your original assertion (that businesses won't be required to abide by the law) unless some extraneous win condition is given to you.

Okay. So you're not willing to bet on your original assertion (that businesses won't be required to abide by the law) unless some extraneous win condition is given to you.

You conceded that its not illegal for private businesses to require vaccination.
Here is the original proposal:

“ Tell you what: let’s make a gentleman’s bet on it. If, after the mRNA vaccines are fully approved not a single business or college/university in the entire state of Arkansas has mandated that its employees/customers/students within four months after approval I will donate $100 to your favorite non political charity.”

Notice the part about private businesses. It’s my point. I don’t give a rats ass about what the regulations are for the government of your state
There is no law that forbids businesses from requiring vaccinations.

Last edited:
You conceded that its not illegal for private businesses to require vaccination.
Here is the original proposal:

“ Tell you what: let’s make a gentleman’s bet on it. If, after the mRNA vaccines are fully approved not a single business or college/university in the entire state of Arkansas has mandated that its employees/customers/students within four months after approval I will donate $100 to your favorite non political charity.”

Notice the part about private businesses. It’s my point. I don’t give a rats ass about what the regulations are for the government of your state
The legislature has not prohibited private employers from requiring the vaccination, nor did I ever imply that they had.

I'm getting the impression that logic and reading comprehension aren't your strong suits.

The legislature has not prohibited private employers from requiring the vaccination, nor did I ever imply that they had.

I'm getting the impression that logic and reading comprehension aren't your strong suits.

This is what you wrote:

“ SB615 (now Act 1030) prohibits government entities from requiring proof of vaccination for any purpose, and prohibits any entity from requiring proof of vaccination as "a condition for entry, travel, education, or services".

My point is that even in the red state in which you live businesses may require Covid vaccination from employees and/ or customers. Your response was that your government couldn’t legally do so. I misunderstood your statement because it wasn’t relevant to my claim, that businesses may do as they want regarding requiring vaccination.
Regardless, I think we are in agreement: private businesses may run their business as they see fit and your state government can do the same.

I propose all national and state mask mandates end June 1st.
Make all mask wearing 100% voluntary.

By then, anyone who truly wanted a vaccine will have had a chance to get one. Or both as it were.

Those without a vaccine can still wear masks, or not.

Let all businesses return to whatever normal each owner chooses.

It’s time to truly get back to “normal” and/or actually test the science behind the vaccines.

Tell me why this is the wrong path to take.

You do remember this started with just a few people with covid back in Jan 2020?

India was doing fairly well a month ago.

So the path you are suggesting is wrong. Very very wrong.

This is what you wrote:

“ SB615 (now Act 1030) prohibits government entities from requiring proof of vaccination for any purpose, and prohibits any entity from requiring proof of vaccination as "a condition for entry, travel, education, or services".

My point is that even in the red state in which you live businesses may require Covid vaccination from employees and/ or customers. Your response was that your government couldn’t legally do so. I misunderstood your statement because it wasn’t relevant to my claim, that businesses may do as they want regarding requiring vaccination.
Regardless, I think we are in agreement: private businesses may run their business as they see fit and your state government can do the same.
You seem to misunderstand many things. And you haven't convinced me that you're sufficiently educable to be worth my time.

You seem to misunderstand many things. And you haven't convinced me that you're sufficiently educable to be worth my time.

Thanks
I accept your conceding the debate

By then, anyone who truly wanted a vaccine will have had a chance to get one. Or both as it were.

It’s time to truly get back to “normal” and/or actually test the science behind the vaccines.

Um, our kids can't get vaccines and are dying and hospitalized at a higher rate with Covid now. Some suffering long term health problems, that's why we should still take precautions. For them.

We've opened schools, and now want to get rid of all precautions and Covid regulations while our kids have no protection. I can't think of anything more cruel and stupid.

Just like those parents who were vaccinated who's child just died from Covid because they went on vacation to Hawaii, and took no precaution for their child's protection, so he caught it and died. They didn't get it because they had vaccinations. What good is being vaccinated and shedding the mask and distancing when your kids can still catch it?

So what? A mask is useless anyway.
I respectfully disagree.

A good case for masks was made when 2 stylists who worked at Great Clips tested positive for Covid 19 but none of their customers ( 140) contracted Covid 19 because the stylists and customers wore masks.

Last edited:
The covidiots are useless.
A mask is a good tool to reduce transmission.
It's not. A cloth rag across your face is only good to hide your facial expressions. It does nothing to stop a virus from spreading.

I respectfully disagree.

A good case for masks was made when 2 stylists who worked at Great Clips tested positive for Covid 19 but none of their customers ( 140) contracted Covid 19 because the stylists and customers wore masks.

Gee, that settles it.

OK, I'll tell you why:

Because I am going to be listening to the doctors and infectious disease experts at the CDC and their recommendations, and I am going to be completely disregarding any "proposals" from irrelevant nobodies on the Internet that got their medical "education" from reading political blogs and conspiracy websites.
Its not even complicated, lol.
Any more questions: just ask! I'm here to help. 👍

It's not. A cloth rag across your face is only good to hide your facial expressions. It does nothing to stop a virus from spreading.

You say it doesnt.
But those people who actually know what they're talking about do not see it your way.

So: YOU LOSE.
:cry:

Are you sad?

Back
Top Bottom