• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

End All Mask Mandates June 1st

Dragonfly

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
I propose all national and state mask mandates end June 1st.
Make all mask wearing 100% voluntary.

By then, anyone who truly wanted a vaccine will have had a chance to get one. Or both as it were.

Those without a vaccine can still wear masks, or not.

Let all businesses return to whatever normal each owner chooses.

It’s time to truly get back to “normal” and/or actually test the science behind the vaccines.

Tell me why this is the wrong path to take.

By then, anyone who truly wanted a vaccine will have had a chance to get one. Or both as it were.

It’s time to truly get back to “normal” and/or actually test the science behind the vaccines.

One word: Mutations.

So masks indefinitely for the rest of our lives?

You can do that VOLUNTARILY.

Hold it. You're not seriously joining Team Covidiots. You're better than this, Dragonfly.

Certainly for at least another year or two.
Certainly? What scientific data are you relying upon to be so sure? The CDC is already loosening the guidelines due to the scientific data determining that under certain conditions a mask isn’t necessary. Once the majority of Americans are vaccinated it’s only reasonable that all mandates are eliminated. The risks are not as great for those who have been vaccinated.

Hold it. You're not seriously joining Team Covidiots. You're better than this, Dragonfly.

Ask him for the science behind his suggestion that we demask on June 1. 🤡

Certainly? What scientific data are you relying upon to be so sure? The CDC is already loosening the guidelines due to the scientific data determining that under certain conditions a mask isn’t necessary. Once the majority of Americans are vaccinated it’s only reasonable that all mandates are eliminated. The risks are not as great for those who have been vaccinated.

Really? After the majority? Where is this science?

Dude, it's common ****in sense. The CDC ****ed up by removing some mask wear in their guidelines as Trumpists are lying cheating pieces of shit. They will just lie about having been vaccinated.

The CDC also screwed up, big time, in reviewing J and J. All they did was scare the tough, guy totting guys.

tbh, there are a ton of people who never wanted humans to wear masks. and those dumb asses aren't unique to our country. i'm sure some are in germany or afghanistan or spain or iran too.

It's not wrong and I predict smart states will be doing as you suggest...heck, some already have.

It'll be the governors who are addicted to power and refuse to give it up who will keep mandating masks. (at least, until they are sent packing by their own citizens)

Really? After the majority? Where is this science?

Dude, it's common ****in sense. The CDC ****ed up by removing some mask wear in their guidelines as Trumpists are lying cheating pieces of shit. They will just lie about having been vaccinated.

The CDC also screwed up, big time, in reviewing J and J. All they did was scare the tough, guy totting guys.

The CDC's language is clear. There is no reason for them to change science just because covidiots are.

https://www.contagionlive.com/view/how-did-new-zealand-control-covid19I propose all national and state mask mandates end June 1st.

Not right or wrong....not smart.
Mask mandates and other directives are not determined by length of time but by measuring the state and local dynamics of the virus. CDC has a color code for a reason.
Based on recent data, Los Angeles County is about to move to a less restrictive tier because smart people have been getting the shots and other smart people have been following CDC advice on masks, handwashing and social distancing.

And you cannot base public health directives on "it's been long enough".
To be perfectly honest we actually SHOULD be basing almost everything on the amount of virus material in local sanitary sewer systems.

So if Huntington Beach is rife with tens of thousands of asymptomatic walking talking covidiots spreading the virus around then HB should be put under the most restrictive tier possible until people start acting like they have a brain while the rest of LA County should be allowed to move ahead with relaxed rules.
People who live in HB should not be allowed outside their homes without a valid essential reason and they shouldn't be allowed to travel anywhere unless they can prove they're fully vaccinated and are observing precautions against spreading the virus.
Huntington Beach needs to be under a 100% Stay-At-Home order.
The rest of the country should not be exposed to residents of that town, which is well known for its large number of people refusing the vaccine and refusing masks.

If authorities discover large amounts of COVID in Huntington Beach sewers, it should trigger a full scale Purple tier lockdown until the data shows significant decrease of COVID in the sewers and a marked change in other epidemiological data, and a rise in testing and vaccinations.

All of this sounds very draconian until you look at places where this was the practice used, like New Zealand, for example.

ContagionLIVE:

“After 5 weeks, and with the number of new cases declining rapidly, New Zealand moved to Alert Level 3 for an additional 2 weeks, resulting in a total of 7 weeks of what was essentially a national stay-at-home order,”

Life in New Zealand today, big rock concerts, few if any masks, lots of dining, partying, hugging and business as usual, but most of all, lots of celebrations.

Don’t Dream… It’s Over?: Crowded House’s Homeland Arena Show Provides a Glimpse of Touring’s Post-Pandemic Future
AP19063170412837-e1617157707352.jpg

It'll be the governors who are addicted to power and refuse to give it up who will keep mandating masks. (at least, until they are sent packing by their own citizens)
I doubt they'll be removed. Many people in those states are simply uninterested in freedom.

You do understand that vaccinations do not include the variants of COVID-19 right?

I doubt they'll be removed. Many people in those states are simply uninterested in freedom.
You may be right about that.

It's a ****ing mask and social distancing. You would think we are asking for your first born. Jesus Christ some people are drama mamas over the simplest thing. Did you guys complain this much over "no shirt, no shoes, no service"? WWII vets are turning over in their graves over your idiotic complaints.

The CDC's language is clear. There is no reason for them to change science just because covidiots are.

I disagree. The CDC should be concerned with the end result and ignoring the "deplorable problem" will not get us where we need to be.

It's a ****ing mask and social distancing. You would think we are asking for your first born.

This.

it amazing me how insecure these truck driving, gun totting tough guys are.

Oh boo hoo, you have to wear a mask and social distance boo hoo.
Since my Governor still has a mask mandate in place, I comply...and I don't have a problem with doing so. There is no "boo hoo" on my part.

But guess what...your snark and nonsense has just gotten you dismissed.

Since my Governor still has a mask mandate in place, I comply...and I don't have a problem with doing so. There is no "boo hoo" on my part.

But guess what...your snark and nonsense has just gotten you dismissed.

Oh no, I've been dismissed (not really) by someone who still believes there was massive election fraud in 2020 that would have changed the election results.

And yeah, your complaining about wearing a ****ing piece of cloth and making sure you distance yourself. Yeah that's bad dude.

A reasonable time has passed allowing the general population to become vaccinated. I'd also add that at this point, the virus is extremely local. My neck of the woods (5-county area) is averaging about 5 confirmed cases per day at about 150-175k population and new vaccinations per reports are very limited.

I think it's safe to say that where I live this thing is over for now, and I personally will not be caring more about someone's health and well being more than they do themselves. I won't wait on idiots to make up their mind.

I'm done boys.

It's a ****ing mask and social distancing.
Being around other people is good. Seeing other human faces is good. It is well past time for the sane and decent people of this country to cease abiding by the paranoia of the Covid fanatics.
You would think we are asking for your first born.
I'm sure you would happily give your firstborn if the television told you to.

Back
Top Bottom