• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Encore Music. Favorite songs You've Posted Before

Risky Thicket

Sewer Rat
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
There are songs that just keep coming back in your head from time to time, songs you will never get tired of hearing.

Any genre is fine. Post 'em if you got 'em.

From time to time this song comes back to me. It always knocks me the hell out. I've posted it before. I think Luther, Removable Mind and I are probably the only white guys that get into this deep into blues. It isn't for everybody.

Willie King was a farmer in Mississippi/Alabama. He wrote, played and sang blues on the side. I admire that Mr. King stayed close to his roots and refused to sell out and take a shot at the big time. I think he pretty much stayed on the blues and chitlin' circuit. Willie King died maybe 4 years ago.

It Takes A Good Woman ~ Willie King

ah, the really good stuff
cue this up while i go in search of some vintage JJ Cale

Sisters Kristen and Kimberly Kelly from Lorena, Texas

I don't know that I'd put this on any list of my all time favorites but it's one I keep coming back to and always like

ah, the really good stuff
cue this up while i go in search of some vintage JJ Cale

Trucks is such a good guitar player. His slide playing doesn't come up to Duane Allman's -- no one's does -- but he is one of the best going today.

I also have a soft spot for fingerstyle guitarists - that's how I was taught to play -- who needs a pick ? :)

Some of the local bands that I enjoyed during the mid to late 1970's in the DC area.

Here's another from my "why don't I listen to this more" file -

I've been listening to a lot of 90's rappers recently, and I think Lauryn Hill takes the cake.

I was so pissed that I couldn't grow an afro!:lamo

I first discovered the Filthy Thieving Bastards when someone sent me Gene and Jean. Immediately I thought "The Pogues" or Shane MacGowan.

Back
Top Bottom