• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Encore Music. Favorite songs You've Posted Before

my favorite from them along with NTSR

Felix's brilliant vocals and impeccable bass with Leslie's well known melodic lead

The more things change the more they stay the same..

Here's something a little off the wall. Frank Zappa promoted and produced for an a capella group called The Persuasions lead by Jerry Lawson who is a fantastic vocalist. Anyway, when Frank died the Persuasions did a tribute album. This tune in particular translated really well.

I saw this musical in London's West End as a teen (with my school on a school trip to the UK) and it still holds a special place in my heart:

and from the same musical

I hate Madonna's version of this musical, especially because she sang the second song too, even though it was not meant to be sung by Eva Peron in that musical but by the former mistress of Peron. But Madonna's ego was just too great to let that happen.

From the first long play album I ever owned (and my first Hard Rock record) a song that will never ever get boring:

Scrapped the first video I posted because this band is one you just needed to see in their entirety to really appreciate. One of the greatest roadhouse bands ever...the J Geils Band!!

This was their prime just before MTV and that damned "centerfold" song that may have been the biggest sellout in history.

Wolf was a great talker and Magic Dick's harp lit the place on fire. Just listening to these guys makes me want to break out the Yukon Jack and get stupid again.

Last edited:
This election cycle has me thinking about parody music lately.

Bob Seger's tune kept popping in my head.

There are songs that just keep coming back in your head from time to time, songs you will never get tired of hearing.

Any genre is fine. Post 'em if you got 'em.

From time to time this song comes back to me. It always knocks me the hell out. I've posted it before. I think Luther, Removable Mind and I are probably the only white guys that get into this deep into blues. It isn't for everybody.

Willie King was a farmer in Mississippi/Alabama. He wrote, played and sang blues on the side. I admire that Mr. King stayed close to his roots and refused to sell out and take a shot at the big time. I think he pretty much stayed on the blues and chitlin' circuit. Willie King died maybe 4 years ago.

It Takes A Good Woman ~ Willie King

Great stuff! I'd never heard of Willie King, but I'm going to look out more of his music. Thanks for the link.

Here's a song I hadn't heard in an age, but just stumbled on it in my iTunes.

Scrapped the first video I posted because this band is one you just needed to see in their entirety to really appreciate. One of the greatest roadhouse bands ever...the J Geils Band!!

This was their prime just before MTV and that damned "centerfold" song that may have been the biggest sellout in history.

Wolf was a great talker and Magic Dick's harp lit the place on fire. Just listening to these guys makes me want to break out the Yukon Jack and get stupid again.

Great group! I wish I had had the opportunity to see them in person. Centerfold sucked but everything else they did was bang on.

Back
Top Bottom