• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Emo or scene, which do you prefer?

Emo or scene?

• Total voters

Solace

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
What fashion (and lifestyle) do you prefer, emo or scene?

Emo is the original and is based on the emo genre of music. Emos often, but not necessarily, wear dark colors. It was established in the 1980s but didn't become popular until the 21st century. Most of them don't themselves, that's just a stereotype.

Scene is a recent fad that is a spin-off of emo. It involves preps who wear extremely colorful clothing and they like rainbows.

Two Emo Girls
wc0ej8.jpg

One Scene Girl
29d74mc.jpg

I think I like the scene thing. Though its name seems pretentious. Seems like the type I'd like to run into at a rave or something.

Why dont they call it "sparkly rainboe jive"!

I think I like the scene thing. Though its name seems pretentious. Seems like the type I'd like to run into at a rave or something.

Why dont they call it "sparkly rainboe jive"!

Because the term jive is considered racist by some African Americans? j/k

Any female debating between the Emo and Scene looks, is unquestionably way too young for me, so I'll vote "present". :mrgreen:

I'm old and out of it. I like neither.

The one on the bottom looks like a style for an 8-year-old girl, while the ones on top look a bit too unisex from the neck up to suit me. If they didn't have boobs, I might think they were dudes in makeup.

I don't really prefer either, though I will say that the second one looks like a typical raver to me (from the days when I went to them in Toronto). But that's just my experience with seeing that look.

If people don't call themselves emo then I don't see what the point is in labeling them as such. People should be who they want to be and dress how they want to dress without it having to be so categorical.

Last edited:
Heres how I see it.

Preppy Girls
wc0ej8.jpg

Raver
29d74mc.jpg

The top girls look like preppy kids to me. The bottom chick, just looks like a raver without the glowsticks or pacifier.

If I were still a teen, I would go with a nice rivet-head or steam-punk chick.

Steam punk....ugh!

I look at those pictures and think "child". Finding one attractive would make me a molester.

Which do I prefer?

Do you mean which group would I prefer my 10 year old hang out with when he turns 13?

EMO is the original?

Hardly - Goth is the original for EMO. Goth actually came from the heavier scenes of punk and metal - dating decades back. Which, in turn, was inspired by a mix of lighter forms of metal, stage, and Victorian, Elizabethan and Baroque clothing fashions.

EMO is the original?

Hardly - Goth is the original for EMO. Goth actually came from the heavier scenes of punk and metal - dating decades back. Which, in turn, was inspired by a mix of lighter forms of metal, stage, and Victorian, Elizabethan and Baroque clothing fashions.

Well, not the "heavier" really. It grew out of the British fashion scene associated with punk. The godmother of goth, Siouxsie, was a Sex Pistols hanger on.

It grew out of the British fashion scene associated with punk. The godmother of goth, Siouxsie, was a Sex Pistols hanger on.

Then the gofather must be Malcolm Mclaren, since he was more responsible for the fashion end of punk than anybody.

I like em both but dislike what the term emo implies.. I cannot vote. Sorry

Back
Top Bottom