• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Embarrassing UN defeat for USA over Iran arms embargo proposal

"Merkel the Gerbal" has little to no affect on the daily lives of Americans.

Well alot of your farmers killed themself because of her tariffs on american agricultural products into the EU.

They were already under pressure fro China when Merkel pulled that move.

As i said, USA without its allies is nothing in the 21st century and you admitted that youself. USA alone lacks the power to act against China, Russia and Iran ect.

We look forward to reopen betetr relations once Biden is president.

How oes your system work btw? When you have election and Trump is voted out, do you have security mechanisms that would prevent Trump from doing something dumb until power is handed over to next president?

Trump hates Merkel and Germany and we fear he would do something to get revenge.

Well alot of your farmers killed themself because of her tariffs on american agricultural products into the EU.

They were already under pressure fro China when Merkel pulled that move.

As i said, USA without its allies is nothing in the 21st century and you admitted that youself. USA alone lacks the power to act against China, Russia and Iran ect.

We look forward to reopen betetr relations once Biden is president.

How oes your system work btw? When you have election and Trump is voted out, do you have security mechanisms that would prevent Trump from doing something dumb until power is handed over to next president?

Trump hates Merkel and Germany and we fear he would do something to get revenge.

Merkel the Gerbal has little affect on the daily lives of Americans.

No matter how relevant you try to make her.

Merkel the Gerbal has little affect on the daily lives of Americans.

No matter how relevant you try to make her.

How does your system work btw? When you have election and Trump is voted out, do you have security mechanisms that would prevent Trump from doing something dumb until power is handed over to next president?

Do you have security systems in charge that would stop Trump for example from ordering a terror attack against Germany?

The US has suffered a humiliating defeat at the United Nations as its proposal to extend an arms embargo on Iran won support from only the Dominican Republic at the security council vote. The US resolution was never likely to be passed in the face of Russian and Chinese opposition. It was proposed as a ploy by the Trump administration to open the way to more drastic action against Iran.
US sees embarrassing UN defeat over Iran arms embargo proposal | World news | The Guardian

Considering how Donald Trump trashed the Iran nuclear deal which had the support of America's European allies as well as competing rivals in international diplomacy, is it any wonder, with all his badmouthing money-scrounging off NATO countries into the bargain, that when he wants support from traditional friends of the USA to double down on Iran to please the Israelis, there is no one to support him in Europe anymore. Then Pompeo puts himself into his boss' good books by berating the usual allies. Europeans have had their fill from this outfit running American foreign policy these days. Pompeo can do us all a favor by shutting up.

nice!

I heard that the Americans hire private contractors to do its fighting in the Middle East and South America. Have you heard of Blackwater or ArmorGroup or Silvercorp USA, I wonder.

every nation does that in the Middle east

its a massive problem

no country does its own fighing anymore

war, war DOES change

I am a german, thuringian to be exact. There is no debt and you calling me a communist is rich. I am a nationalist and despise communism...and i despise enemies of my nation even more.

Trying to steal from us makes you an enemy.

That said, you wont get a single cent from us.

amen to that

be proud of your nation and stick up for your country

okay - Kindergarten of the righties from both continents again...

"We are stronger" - "no we are stronger and will hit your face" - "before you can manage that we wil hit you twice!And harder!"

my respect for right wingers drops lower and lower....

to the facts: Trump is damaging the alliance deeply. And that´s good for *tusch* : nobody! May be exept Russia and China....

“ humiliating defeat at the United Nations”

Ah , no.

The rest of the world is bought and paid for, DJT45 ain’t.

The UN is a paper tiger, worthless w/o US tax dollars.

Pull all US funds, let them die! The UN is worthless.

Teheran seem to have followed the deal until US pulled out, when they thought "well, what's the point then". The deal was always about giving Iran an out, their nuclear program had been "a year away from the bomb" for long over a decade, and was costing way too much. So they were pretty glad to have an excuse to abandon it. But as soon as the US left the deal Iran went straight back into their nuclear program, that once again is "a year away from the bomb" and who knows what that actually means. But if Iran becomes a nuclear power, it's all on the Trump administration.

And if the rumors about Pakistani nulcear scientists being in Saudi Arabia is true, then genie is already out of the bottle, and the nuclear race in the Middle East has begun.

Well this latest round of sanctions is suspiciously times. A bit of 'let's look tough for the base' ahead of elections? Maybe even stir up a little foreign conflict to distract?

Showing spine by opposing the U.S. ?? hah ! but you still want money from U.S taxes, paid by the average worker, to support your torpid societies and industry.

You really have no idea what Germany is like, do you?

A **** deal that was never going to be honored by the Iranian Mullah's, or enforced by the no backbone Europeans.
Who told you that, I wonder. All the Europeans who signed the Iran deal with the USA believe it to be a good plan. Only the Israelis and Donald Trump, perhaps with the advice of Jared Kushner, thought it is a bad deal and American conservatives can be counted upon to repeat the Trump/Israeli line. Just as you are doing.

Who told you that, I wonder. All the Europeans who signed the Iran deal with the USA believe it to be a good plan. Only the Israelis and Donald Trump, perhaps with the advice of Jared Kushner, thought it is a bad deal and American conservatives can be counted upon to repeat the Trump/Israeli line. Just as you are doing.

While many Arab states feared the deal.

It's not all about you.

While many Arab states feared the deal.

It's not all about you.
The Sunni Arab states which you mention are each and every one cruel, oppressive, autocracies run by families who own countries, the natural resources, wealth, and people. They are unspeakable regimes with which successive American and English governments like to do business for a share of the oil revenues. Ordinary Americans and English people are not disgusted by this.

The Sunni Arab states which you mention are each and every one cruel, oppressive, autocracies run by families who own countries, the natural resources, wealth, and people. They are unspeakable regimes with which successive American and English governments like to do business for a share of the oil revenues. Ordinary Americans and English people are not disgusted by this.

Funding Iran's exportation of terror is a good deal in your book.

Typical Euro.

Funding Iran's exportation of terror is a good deal in your book.

Typical Euro.
I wager you know nothing about the terms of the Iran deal other than that the Israelis don't like it and successfully persuaded Donald Trump to renege on the U.S. agreement. Introducing an allegation about so-called Iranian terror is a distraction from the topic.

I wager you know nothing about the terms of the Iran deal other than that the Israelis don't like it and successfully persuaded Donald Trump to renege on the U.S. agreement. Introducing an allegation about so-called Iranian terror is a distraction from the topic.

I wager that you know nothing about what anyone knows.

You are doing nothing but schilling for the mullahs while they export terror.

I wager that you know nothing about what anyone knows.

You are doing nothing but schilling for the mullahs while they export terror.
The Iran Deal has nothing to do with your repetition of alleged Iranian support of terror. You are mixing up two distinct topics because you are unable to debate America's isolation from its traditional allies on account of reneging on the agreement.

The Iran Deal has nothing to do with your repetition of alleged Iranian support of terror. You are mixing up two distinct topics because you are unable to debate America's isolation from its traditional allies on account of reneging on the agreement.

It had everything to do with bargaining with terrorists.

America is not isolated. That is your foolish imagination working overtime.

It had everything to do with bargaining with terrorists.

America is not isolated. That is your foolish imagination working overtime.
Donald Trump has succeeded in isolating the USA from its traditional European allies. In the meantime the Administration in Washington is negotiating with the Taliban terrorists. Believe what you want.

Donald Trump has succeeded in isolating the USA from its traditional European allies. In the meantime the Administration in Washington is negotiating with the Taliban terrorists. Believe what you want.

But the Euro's still ask where the carriers are every time their interests are at stake.

Time for you people to grow up.

Back
Top Bottom