• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Elon Musk

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Mr. Musk is on all the front pages, lately. I cannot help but question how a person can vault to the wealthiest person in the world in such a relatively short time.

There are various charts and articles that have Musk at about 10-20 billion in 2019 and now in 2022, he is near 300 billion. How does one do this?

In the late 1990s, Musk showered at the YMCA and now look at him.

This isn’t a bash Musk thread, I don’t care if the Twitter sale goes through, I just find it an astonishing feat.

Mr. Musk is on all the front pages, lately. I cannot help but question how a person can vault to the wealthiest person in the world in such a relatively short time.

There are various charts and articles that have Musk at about 10-20 billion in 2019 and now in 2022, he is near 300 billion. How does one do this?

This isn’t a bash Musk thread, I don’t care if the Twitter sale goes through, I just find it an astonishing feat.
Idk, but it's not as if he was just sitting on his 20 billion for three years. He's a smart investor.

Idk, but it's not as if he was just sitting on his 20 billion for three years. He's a smart investor.
Doesn’t pass my smell test, but I can make a conspiracy almost anywhere, but this scenario begs for poking in the nooks and crannies, now that Musk has turned the Klieg lights up to 11.

Doesn’t pass my smell test, but I can make a conspiracy almost anywhere, but this scenario begs for poking in the nooks and crannies, now that Musk has turned the Klieg lights up to 11.
Well, just in buying Twitter stock (initially) he earned about a billion dollars on his investment. I think that was just in one month on just a single investment.

It’s Tesla, whether it’s rational or not. The company currently has a market cap about 20x higher than Ford or GM. That is where the wealth comes from and it’s not just his; it is one of thr reasons why starter home prices in the Bay Area are north of $1.5M.

With the stock slipping 0.4% to $50.77 on Wednesday, it has climbed 29.2% since the initial disclosure of Musk’s stake was made before the April 4 open, adding about $966.6 million to Musk’s kitty.

His stake was now worth $3.71 billion as of Wednesday’s close, or about $1.07 billion more than what he paid for it.
Not a bad return on a single investment in about a month.

I'd say it was a combination of smart and lucky.

Here's a good article...

Elon Musk got rich after selling his startup company, Zip2​

In the 1980s, Musk developed and sold videogame software for $500. In 1995, he launched an online city guide platform, Zip2. The startup became so successful that, four years later, Musk was able to sell it for more than $300 million. He reinvested the proceeds in other ventures that have made him even more money.

Musk used some of the money he made from the Zip2 sale to launch X.com, an online payment platform. X.com merged with another startup to form PayPal. In 2002, eBay purchased PayPal for $1.5 billion, making Musk a lot of money.

And he just went on from there.

IDK…..

2 million units in 12 years. According to the link, Musk made 383 million per day APRIL20-APRIL21

Fluctuations in the market. I hear he "lost" something like $35 billion last week on his Tesla stake.Also his stake in Space X is said to worth $80 billion.

He's a savvy investor?

Elon Reinvested All His Proceeds From The PayPal Acquisition and It Made Him a Multi-Billionaire
  • He Is The Founder of SpaceX Currently Valued at $74 Billion and Holds 54% of Its Equity. SpaceX took the bulk of money Elon Musk got from PayPal. ...
  • Elon Musk Owns 193.3 Million Tesla Shares Valued at Over $600 Each. ...
  • Tesla Energy (SolarCity) Recorded a Revenue of $1.99 Billion In 2020. ...

How Did Elon Musk Make His Money?

justrichest.com/how-did-elon-musk-make-his-money/

Well, just in buying Twitter stock (initially) he earned about a billion dollars on his investment. I think that was just in one month on just a single investment.
TSLA tanked at the same time. Net loss for Musk.

TSLA tanked at the same time. Net loss for Musk.
You win some, you lose some. Last time I heard he was still the richest man in the world. When you have as much as he does you can afford to buy Twitter if for no other reason but to hear people bitch about it.

You win some, you lose some. Last time I heard he was still the richest man in the world. When you have as much as he does you can afford to buy Twitter if for no other reason but to hear people bitch about it.
That’s the savvy investor part, right?

That’s the savvy investor part, right?
There's nothing better than having fun while making money. Elon seems to be having a blast. :)

You create a reusable rocket

if for no other reason but to hear people bitch about it.
and that may very well be the whole thing. These billionaire types are attention whores of the highest order.

It’s Tesla, whether it’s rational or not. The company currently has a market cap about 20x higher than Ford or GM. That is where the wealth comes from and it’s not just his; it is one of thr reasons why starter home prices in the Bay Area are north of $1.5M.
The real test for Tesla will be in the next few years as other automakers start filling the space. Tesla can either still lead in terms of innovation, or fall into the pack. Up to now it's had the advantage of having the playground to itself. I'm not knocking Tesla at all; just point out some key context.

He is a CIA agent who helped fellow CIA agent Bill Gates create Covid to depopulate Earth.

Back
Top Bottom