• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Elon Musk Tweets He’ll Vote Republican—And Slams Democrats As ‘Party Of Division & Hate’

sanman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Musk calls out Democrats as haters, and vows to vote Republican:

Elon Musk plans to ‘vote Republican’ and warns of political attacks on him​

Elon Musk said on Twitter that he plans to “vote Republican” and warned of “political attacks” on him, the latest in a series of tweets from the billionaire expressing discontent with Democrats and progressives.

Musk’s tweet comes as the Tesla CEO shocked markets this week by announcing his $44bn deal to purchase Twitter was on hold as he awaited further data on fake and spam accounts on the social media platform.

Analysts have speculated the Tesla executive is seeking to back out of his Twitter takeover plans, or buy the company at a lower price. His tweets since – including that he was buying the platform to “own the libs” – have attracted further controversy.

Elon Musk Tweets He’ll Vote Republican—And Slams Democrats As ‘Party Of Division & Hate’​

Prospective Twitter buyer Elon Musk proclaimed Wednesday he will no longer back Democrats, making a vow to "vote Republican," in a tweet that became his latest to dominate the social media platform he hopes to soon own.

Musk lambasted Democrats as the "party of division & hate," marking the latest in a string of attacks the billionaire has made against the political left, which have significantly escalated since Twitter's board accepted a $44 billion deal for him to buy the platform on April 25.

Musk's tweet echoed comments he made in an appearance at a tech conference on Tuesday, where he announced he planned to vote Republican in an upcoming election (Musk is registered to vote in Texas—it’s not clear which election he was referring to), despite perhaps having "never" voted for a Republican in the past.

Last edited:

The baby needs some attention. Same sht, different day.

Musk is only saying that to entice republicans to buy more electric cars. Since his twitter debacle Tesla stock has dropped, he has to con some cons to
bump sales.

Have to say, he picked a good target. Same reason Trump switched parties.

He's absolutely right. The Dems have become so intolerant and authoritarian that a backlash is growing.

As Republicans mirror the views of a white supremacist mass murderer, ban books in school libraries and criminalize speech in the classroom, its difficult to take this claim seriously.

Was going to say that he's probably feeling nostalgic.
I'm totally fine with this alignment, wouldn't want the billionaire consumer- and worker-hating jackass to lean towards my "side" anyway. He's exactly where he belongs.

It's just laughable that he thinks the Dems represent "division and hate" - when in every sense, the Democratic Party, for everything I hate about it, is more diverse culturally, racially, and in terms of gender and sexual orientation/gender identity - and the GOP somehow doesn't. I mean I suppose you could argue the GOP represents "unity" in the sense that it's the party of white nationalism now.

Well, I certainly think he's right about the party of division and hate - and "dirty tricks". I don't think that's always been the description or tactics of the Dem party, but it is now and has been for a number of years.

Me! Look at me! Everyone look at me!

It's so interesting to watch Repubs glom on these bombastic blowhards wearing expensive suits. I DO NOT see the appeal.
But democrats are for the elitists LOL. They voted Trump president with gold toilets and who basically was born into elitism, and now fawning over highly educated Elon musk, who ironically they loved to hate on not too long ago. The only thing Republicans they elect ever do is give the elite handouts, but its dems that are for the elite.

Just shows how little credibility they have and truly how big of assholes they are, and how every single thing they say is projection

Well, I certainly think he's right about the party of division and hate - and "dirty tricks". I don't think that's always been the description or tactics of the Dem party, but it is now and has been for a number of years.
"dIrTy TrIcKs"

Remind me, what would you call "find me eleven thousand seven hundred and eighty votes Mr. Raffensberger"?

Every right-wing accusation is a goddamn projection.

Waiting for cohesive, effective message response from the Dems to the public. 400,000,000...399,999,999...399,999,998...

Do climate change denialist CTers buy many expensive electric cars?
I wouldn't buy one even if the hyperventilating global warmers actually were being honest.

Back
Top Bottom