• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Elon Musk startup shows monkey with brain chip implants playing video game

Benefits of space exploration
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you had his money, visions & capabilities,
Every single piece of technology you own, unless it's transistor or vacuum tube operated, is the DIRECT result of the Space Program, starting with the early NASA Space Race to the Moon, and continuing forward. The roots of mainstream consumer access to microprocessors was a gift because Uncle Sam agreed with private industry that mainstreaming microprocessors to consumer electronics was the best way to reduce costs, which HAPPENED.**
**(Much more to this, requires its own thread)

For evidence of this please note that the Soviets experienced a ten to fifteen or even twenty year lag behind us in that field, with microprocessors remaining as incredibly expensive gee-gaws used mainly by the military over there for a very long time, which is why Soviet consumers clung to their vacuum tube tech for so long that the Russians are now one of the only remaining vacuum tube makers of any size or consequence.
Solid state transistor devices were considered cutting edge for many years in the old Soviet Union.
A personal computer equaling today's power using vacuum tubes would take up dozens of city blocks and require its own megawatt power plant.
Maybe a few LESS city blocks for a transistor based version, but we're still talking about something that stretches to the horizon if you want to approach today's computing power.

Even videotape editing, all the way from the era of machine based videotape editing to modern day NLE's, owes the existence of videotape TIME CODE to the Space Race, because it evolved from EeCo's On Time Rocket Telemetry Management software and one of the only things they changed was divvying up time differently, where EeCo originally used hundredths and then thousandths of a second whereas television needed it divided up into "thirtieths" of a second (30 fps frame rate - original NTSC monochrome or 29.97 fps color)
It boggles the mind how you can make such incredibly ignorant comments in this day and age, thus confirming Bill Maher's recent quip:

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity."

But yet you feel entitled to weigh in on him Dunning-Kruger style, or is it "Family Style"???

tenor.gif

Seriously, this is a massive FAIL.
This is why so few take you seriously.
"A man's got to know his limitations."

View attachment 67328046

You must work for Lockheed.

I enjoy your melodramatics.

I enjoy your hidebound ignorance.
Or....I WOULD, except for the fact that you position yourself as ostensibly being on the political Left, which provides every Trumper who ever comes into contact with you a lifetime supply of ammunition to use by portraying people like yourself as the archetype of left and liberal thinking, and this is very damaging.

You're the poster child for every single trope ever put forth by people like Dennis Prager, Dinesh D'Souza, Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Alex Jones, Tucker Carlson, Ben Shapiro, Jonah Goldberg, the list is endless.
They line up behind your oracle-orifice and bottle up every dribble emanating forthwith and sell it at a profit to the masses of Trumpy Faithful.
You are the source rock for their propaganda hydrocarbon economy, they drill into you, they frack you and they distill and refine you and use the volatile end product to set off endless incendiary propaganda depth charges at the liberal world.

You're like the Saudi Oilfield at Ghawar - of Lefty ignorance.

If you had his money, visions & capabilities,

You must work for Lockheed.

In the past I actually did work at Lockheed-Martin Air Force Plant #4 in White Settlement (Fort Worth) Texas.
I tore out miles of old Type IX data coax and CAT3 interconnect and installed miles of CAT5e and CAT6 ethernet, rewired the entire plant and moved on to General Dynamics and did much the same.
This is what I did during the time where I was recovering from having my video post production business wiped out in L.A. by the 1994 Northridge Quake, as a fallback career while I figured out if I was ever going to get back into TV-film again.

It's also where the Checkerboard Strangler nickname came from, an idiot redneck security guard at the Lockheed gate was trying to joke about how he thought I looked like a serial killer. 😎

I enjoy your hidebound ignorance.
Or....I WOULD, except for the fact that you position yourself as ostensibly being on the political Left, which provides every Trumper who ever comes into contact with you a lifetime supply of ammunition to use by portraying people like yourself as the archetype of left and liberal thinking, and this is very damaging.

You're the poster child for every single trope ever put forth by people like Dennis Prager, Dinesh D'Souza, Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Alex Jones, Tucker Carlson, Ben Shapiro, Jonah Goldberg, the list is endless.
They line up behind your oracle-orifice and bottle up every dribble emanating forthwith and sell it at a profit to the masses of Trumpy Faithful.
You are the source rock for their propaganda hydrocarbon economy, they drill into you, they frack you and they distill and refine you and use the volatile end product to set off endless incendiary propaganda depth charges at the liberal world.

You're like the Saudi Oilfield at Ghawar - of Lefty ignorance.
You're a very creative writer but your aim is terrible.

I accept your challenge: What specifically and exactly (not this broad brush attempted takedown) do you have a problem with about my commentary?

I'm 100% for the Constitution as it was written & I'm against those who would work to change or anull parts of it that suit them for political reasons.
Which main part of the three contradictory parts of the US Constitution is most important?

Every single piece of technology you own, unless it's transistor or vacuum tube operated, is the DIRECT result of the Space Program, starting with the early NASA Space Race to the Moon, and continuing forward. The roots of mainstream consumer access to microprocessors was a gift because Uncle Sam agreed with private industry that mainstreaming microprocessors to consumer electronics was the best way to reduce costs, which HAPPENED.**
**(Much more to this, requires its own thread)

You seem to have made a ton of incorrect assumptions. Let's start with the first one: Your first sentence seems to be missing some form of the word electronic. Start another thread, if that's how you'd like to discuss it. I'd love to go deeper into this subject.

In the past I actually did work at Lockheed-Martin Air Force Plant #4 in White Settlement (Fort Worth) Texas.
I tore out miles of old Type IX data coax and CAT3 interconnect and installed miles of CAT5e and CAT6 ethernet, rewired the entire plant and moved on to General Dynamics and did much the same.
This is what I did during the time where I was recovering from having my video post production business wiped out in L.A. by the 1994 Northridge Quake, as a fallback career while I figured out if I was ever going to get back into TV-film again.

It's also where the Checkerboard Strangler nickname came from, an idiot redneck security guard at the Lockheed gate was trying to joke about how he thought I looked like a serial killer. 😎

Neat experience. Speaking of Ft Worth, I have a thing for the B-36 though the only one I've seen was in the AF museum in Dayton. They were remodeling & there was no security barrier, so I actually stood under the open bomb bay of a B-36. Neat experience, like looking up into the Norden BS on Enola Gay in the Smithsonian aero museum.

Neat experience. I have a thing for the B-36 though the only one I've seen was in the AF museum in Dayton.
Off topic, but what a great museum. And such huge improvements between the first time I went there back in my 20s, to my most recent a couple of years ago. You can easily spend an entire day there. An extra special treat on my way out to the EAA fly-in at Oshkosh.

Wth is wrong with people who think they must experience on innocent helpless animals? This ticks me off so bad. Whatever your excuse, just sthu

Wth is wrong with people who think they must experience on innocent helpless animals? This ticks me off so bad. Whatever your excuse, just sthu

As with new drugs, testing on animals is much safer than testing on people.

This novel technology could be a blessing for those who are paralyzed or who have other medical limitations. You think & something you need & want is done without you having to lift a hand.

This novel technology could be a blessing for those who are paralyzed or who have other medical limitations. You think & something you need & want is done without you having to lift a hand.
So is spraying hairspray into rabbits eyes. So is intubating cats for training. Who cares that animals feel pain? Human beings? What is it that makes us human? The ability to reason? The ability to discern right from wrong? So why do we fail so badly as human beings?

Safer for the animal?

Back
Top Bottom