• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Elon Musk offers to buy Twitter, take it private

You beat me to it. I got into this thread way late today and I'm still working my way through it but I'm getting close now.

Unless there is a reason to retract (like the story resurfacing in a meaningful and noticeable way - e.g., the Hunter laptop), they don't even bother with a retraction.
GMTA!

Of course you can....

But if you post that your doctor told you drinking Clorox kills the Covid virus, then you might run into a problem... Because drinking bleach will kill people...
That is a huge problem in latin america. People like Bolsonaro are happily endorsing it. At that point where their government is killing people for the profits of psychopaths, violent revolution is the only way.

Politics do make strange bedfellows... The same people who hate electric cars are now, because of POLITICS, rooting for Mr. Electric Car... Lol

I really hate it….
i saw some (what i assume be be older) guy tweet that we're having to fight the same racism/battles that he/they fought in the 60s all over again.

that really caught my eye.

i saw some (what i assume be be older) guy tweet that we're having to fight the same racism/battles that he/they fought in the 60s all over again.

that really caught my eye.
Yeah.. that was my biggest fear in life.

One America News did NOT just tweet this...

One America News DIDN'T tweet about free speech (on Twitter :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: ) and talk about Pence preaching about free speech (while Pence was at one of those liberal universities :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: ) while linking to Rumble 🤣🤣 .

More and more Musk is reminding me of Howard Hughes. Brillant but as time goes on, he's acting weirder and weirder.

He wants to gamble about 1/2 his wealth on F'ing Twitter??? lol What?
They won't sell it to him. They will destroy the platform before they allow conseratives have it.

Whew, this is a long and active thread! I've been reading it for hours.
DH just told me Facebook and Google are reacting in interesting ways. Time to go turn on some news and see what's up.
I am not surprised.

Musk may currently be the biggest "fish in the pond" on an individual basis, but the other "sharks" like Jeff Bezos, Mark Zuckerberg, and a whole slew of other "Leftist" Billionaires (not to mention possible government interests like China which controls TikTok) can pool more money than he has.

Because they fear that a free speech policy may allow ‘conservatives’ to share their opinions (on what has become the public square) as well.
By the way, if it’s a “public square”

That means the government should regulate it, not an individual. Elon Musk is just proposing a “company town” type model for free speech. If it any point you say something he doesn’t like, he can still take away your “free speech”

maybe Elon will let Martin Shkreli start tweeting again.

Will he be complying with the laws of other countries for users in those countries? Many have restrictions on speech.

Why wouldn't he? It wouldn't be much of a change there from current Twitter. What he objects to is things like Twitter banning satire sites like Babylon Bee for "misgendering" in their satirical articles.

Also interesting to consider is how Twitter Ownership and Starlink ownership will play hand in hand across te globe.

The left is no longer too keen on free speech... Of haven't you noticed in the last few years?
There's a huge difference between free speech and free lies! Musk will be unsuccessful in his attempt. Look at how Twitter stock is doing today it's only at $45 normally it would soar past that. Twitter was trading in the $70s last summer. He would also have to borrow a ton of money. My daughter has worked at Twitter for the past 7 years and I've been a shareholder since. $54 is way too low...it would need to be around $80 which would take the price to about $200B...

By the way, if it’s a “public square”

That means the government should regulate it, not an individual. Elon Musk is just proposing a “company town” type model for free speech. If it any point you say something he doesn’t like, he can still take away your “free speech”

You mean like is already being done by those who control Social Media, leading to Musk's attempt to free the "public square" by his actions?

If Twitter wasn't a leftist controlled "quagmire" of limited speech claiming to be a "public square" while acting as a propaganda control network, then IMO Musk would not be concerned.

maybe Elon's Wild West Twitter will let Aubrey Huff back on.

all he did threaten violence if Bernie Sanders was elected president and joke about kidnapping and assaulting Iranian women.

well, along with a shitload of other stuff.

Beautiful! Liberals better start quaking in their boots. :ROFLMAO:
FFS all you care about is getting the Orange Gibbon the ability to lie to his cult. What is it like being in a cult?

You mean like is already being done by those who control Social Media, leading to Musk's attempt to free the "public square" by his actions?

If Twitter wasn't a leftist controlled "quagmire" of limited speech claiming to be a "public square" while acting as a propaganda control network, then IMO Musk would not be concerned.
On a whim I just looked up the #Okgroomer on Twitter.

Boy Howdy those leftists are not silencing a thing there.

They won't sell it to him. They will destroy the platform before they allow conseratives have it.
Trump literally just created a social media platform that will destroy Twitter.

what's the big deal??

@jakiejakester totally off topic...as off as can be. I have been trying all morning to recall the name of a schnitzel dish we had overseas that DH loved......and as soon as I saw your handle it came to me! Jagerschnitzel...thanks...now back to the back and forth .....

Which conservatives were banned and what was it for?

There is a long list. Even the few hundred I follow on Twitter is in constant flux as Twitter bans or suspends people for wrong-think.

The one that Elon directly responded to recently was Twitter banning The Babylon Bee for giving Rachel Levine their Man of the Year award.

A man didn't get to be one of the world's richest by being a dumbass. There is no way he'd be full on free speech and turn Twitter into even more of a shithole.
If he can make more money that way, he most certainly will do it. If not, then he won't.

He wants to transform it into a global platform for free speech, so you're damned right they're quaking in their boots.

What makes you think "liberals" of all people, would fear that?

Back
Top Bottom