• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Elon Musk offers to buy all of Twitter

Bradlux

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Tesla CEO Elon Musk is offering to buy Twitter, saying the social media platform he has criticized for not living up to free speech principles needs to be transformed as a private company.

Twitter Inc. said in a regulatory filing on Thursday that Musk, currently the company’s biggest shareholder, has proposed buying the remaining shares of Twitter that he doesn’t already own at $54.20 US per share, an offer worth more than $43 billion US.

Tesla CEO Elon Musk is offering to buy Twitter, saying the social media platform he has criticized for not living up to free speech principles needs to be transformed as a private company.

Twitter Inc. said in a regulatory filing on Thursday that Musk, currently the company’s biggest shareholder, has proposed buying the remaining shares of Twitter that he doesn’t already own at $54.20 US per share, an offer worth more than $43 billion US.
Elon Musk is a fine American, the Henry Ford of our times.

But I assume this'll be stopped through some sort of shenanigans.

. . . But I assume this'll be stopped through some sort of shenanigans.
The left is horrified at the thought of Trump getting his Twitter account back.

They will figure out some way to prevent Musk from buying Twitter.

There's also the possibility that Musk is bluffing, and just wants to see them squirm.

I think the worst thing they did was ban trump. Allowing him to spew his hate and nonsense was one of the many items that got him removed from office.

The issue is his constant violation of the TOS was an issue however — do you feel they should just allow him to do whatever he wants without consequence? I guess that’s the way y’all wanted him to govern as well so at least that is consistent

I don't think this is going to work out the way Musk thinks it will.

There's also the possibility that Musk is bluffing, and just wants to see them squirm.

Apparently the gratitude of those other conservative, Republican billionaires, who benefited from the $1 trillion "tax-cut" in 2017, doesn't extend to purchasing Twitter and restoring Trump's account - the "financial markets" demand "stability" with "no surprises," not a "White House" with a history of stumbling from one SELF-INFLICTED crisis to the next!

I don't think this is going to work out the way Musk thinks it will.
I think he knows exactly how it's going to go. Buys up a bunch of stock, makes a bunch of insane demands, then offers to buy the entire company for a price above the current stock value thereby driving up the price... only to immediately start posturing about how he has to "rethink his position as a stockholder" since they wont submit to his ludicrous demands overnight.

So he sells for a profit in a classic pump and dump scam.

I think he knows exactly how it's going to go. Buys up a bunch of stock, makes a bunch of insane demands, then offers to buy the entire company for a price above the current stock value thereby driving up the price... only to immediately start posturing about how he has to "rethink his position as a stockholder" since they wont submit to his ludicrous demands overnight.

Well, if Twitter's board rejects Musk's offer they will need to explain to their shareholders why they turned down a deal that would make the shareholders much richer. That could be awkward.

Musk is putting everything on the line - he knows how important Twitter is to the globalists who control the narrative. For the globalists, censorship and propaganda are not a feature of their rule - their rule depends on censorhsip and propaganda.

Censorship and propaganda are at the very heart of neoliberalism, and the thought of losing thier chokehold scares the crap out of them. IMO.

Well, if Twitter's board rejects Musk's offer they will need to explain to their shareholders why they turned down a deal that would make the shareholders much richer. That could be awkward.

Musk is putting everything on the line - he knows how important Twitter is to the globalists who run our system. For the globalists, censorship and propaganda are not a feature of their rule - their rule depends on censorhsip and propaganda.

Censorship and propaganda are at the very heart of neoliberalism, and the thought of losing thier chokehold scares the crap out of them.

I don't see the validity of that opinion. There is a lot of right wing emotive language, but backing up that rhetoric with logic, facts, and reason is entirely absent.

He was proposing business decisions that could destroy Twitter and therefore ruin the value of their shares.

Musk is putting everything on the line -
LMAO no he isn't, he could toss 50 billion in a trash can and still be one of the most obscenely wealthy people on the planet.

he knows how important Twitter is to the globalists who control the narrative. For the globalists, censorship and propaganda are not a feature of their rule - their rule depends on censorhsip and propaganda.
Funny how you ignore all the censorship that every right wing "free speech" platform engages in.
Censorship and propaganda are at the very heart of neoliberalism, and the thought of losing thier chokehold scares the crap out of them. IMO.
You also ignore the right wingers banning books across the country.

. . . You also ignore the right wingers banning books across the country.
The right wingers are not banning the books. They don't want their children exposed to that trash. We didn't have this problem when our kids were in school - this is a relatively new thing.

They only want neo-liberal Marxist propaganda out of the Public School K-12 curricula - - NOT out of the Public Libraries.

The right wingers are not banning the books. They don't want their children exposed to that trash. We didn't have this problem when our kids were in school - this is a relatively new thing.

They only want neo-liberal Marxist propaganda out of the Public School K-12 curricula - - NOT out of the Public Libraries.
In other words, they are banning books.

So you're not in favor of banning books, just in favor of banning books.

Musk is putting everything on the line - he knows how important Twitter is to the globalists who control the narrative. For the globalists, censorship and propaganda are not a feature of their rule - their rule depends on censorhsip and propaganda.

Did that narrative you bought come with a warranty?

Did that narrative you bought come with a warranty?
Hey - nice argument there. You did an excellent job of refuting my assertion that globalists rely on censorship and propaganda for power.

Just kidding. You don't even HAVE an argument, so you post silly crap like this.

Pathetic.

Anyways, this thread is not about book bans - it's about Elon Musk buying 100% of Twitter.

He did that with Bitcoin last year.

Hey - nice argument there. You did an excellent job of refuting my assertion that globalists rely on censorship and propaganda for power.

Just kidding. You don't even HAVE an argument, so you post silly crap like this.

Pathetic.

Anyways, this thread is not about book bans - it's about Elon Musk buying 100% of Twitter.

Sounds like a right wing paranoid fantasy to me.

Pathetic.

No, I was just wondering at which point you'll start wearing a sandwich board and screeching at people in the airport terminal.

No, I was just wondering at which point you'll start wearing a sandwich board and screeching at people in the airport terminal.
And another non-argument.

You don't know when to stop, do you?

I won't respond to any more of your nonsensical posts. The topic is Musk possibly buying Twitter. Let's discuss that.

And another non-argument.

You don't know when to stop, do you?

That's ok. As long you continue to post silly crap like this, I own you. :)

It just sounded kinda Lyndon LaRouche-ey, that's all.

For the globalists, censorship and propaganda are not a feature of their rule - their rule depends on censorhsip and propaganda.

Oh, the ****ing DRAMA.

Of course, what we all really heard was:

For the (((globalists))), censorship and propaganda are not a feature of their rule - their rule depends on censorhsip and propaganda.

Back
Top Bottom