• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Elon Musk is right about Apple

Those developers are more than welcome to provide all of the other services that being on the Apple or Google stores provide....you know, like that security of purchase that comes guaranteed with buying through those services, for example. That doesn't come free, and I would assume that it would cost more than the 30% fee they are paying or they would do it...or prove they really are just that stupid and have more money than brains, which will eventually remedy itself as well.

Except they can't. If the developer doesn't create the method to do so, the only place to get it would be through Apple. How is this so hard to understand?

Then cut out the middleman entirely and support your own app. Otherwise, don't complain about the going rate.

The security cost? Really?

How much money do Epic Games lose after giving 30% for every in-game purchase to Apple?

The security cost? Really?

How much money do Epic Games lose after giving 30% for every in-game purchase to Apple?

Where did I say security was the only cost.

Point is this......if the 30% was that prohibitive, developers would have figured something else out. They seem more than willing to pay it because 70% of, say, 100% more sales is more money than they would have made saving the 30% and getting less downloads.

Simple numbers:

Self promoting - 100 downloads at $1 apiece = $100 dollars.
Apple Store - 200 downloads at $1 apiece with a 30% surcharge - $140 dollars.

Perhaps.

Another possibility is that he's playing games with the recreational outrage enthusiasts like Trumpco et al do

though none of these suggestions are mutually exclusive.
Elon could be out of touch, fail to understand the last twenty years of tech, and be playing with the minds of the recreational outrage enthusiasts like Trumpco et al do
Let's just be honest. Twitter was a liberal mouthpiece. They silenced the opposition political party and any social opinions that didn't sit well with the left extreme viewpoints. Now with Musk owning the company, (keep in mind Musk is no republican) but taking a stand for true free speech the left is suddenly outraged. Forget about his formerly supporting democrats and being a driving force in EV's, he now is advocating for free speech for all. That means that republicans can feel free to disagree with the liberal left on twitter without being silenced for daring to do so. Yes the left is outraged, because true free speech and open debate is not at all what the left desires.

Let's just be honest. Twitter was a liberal mouthpiece. They silenced the opposition political party and any social opinions that didn't sit well with the left extreme viewpoints. Now with Musk owning the company, (keep in mind Musk is no republican) but taking a stand for true free speech the left is suddenly outraged. Forget about his formerly supporting democrats and being a driving force in EV's, he now is advocating for free speech for all. That means that republicans can feel free to disagree with the liberal left on twitter without being silenced for daring to do so. Yes the left is outraged, because true free speech and open debate is not at all what the left desires.

Free speech, eh?

Does that include him banning accounts of people who made fun of him right after the purchase?

Free speech my ass.

Let's be honest, the view of the world you are expressing here is superficial, and facile.

Twitter's behavior was about business.
Twitter's choices were about the bottom line,
not the simplistic, binary world of politics you seem to imagine.

Hateful opinions, misleading information, and disinformation are bad for business.
Allowing these things on Twitter harms Twitter's brand.
Harming Twitter's brand harms Twitter's bottom line.

So its now a fact that Google and Apple owe these developers a platform? Seriously?
I didn't say that. I said I've stated facts. You're making up things I didn't say.

I didn't say that. I said I've stated facts. You're making up things I didn't say.
I don’t think you actually have any idea what the market/AppStore/platforms are, how they work or what is entailed.

Apple charges a 30% Apple Tax for in-app purchases yet the ftc is doing nothing about it. They are more worried about blocking Facebook from buying a start up vr app, Amazon from buying irobot and Ticketmaster charging too much for Taylor Swift tickets.

Apple has created such an oppressive environment for businesses yet nothing is done about it. I mean 30%? Really.

Shouldn't the ftc allow a third party competitor who charges like a flat 3% fee or some sort of annual amount?
Vote with you wallet and boycott all Apple products like I do. Don't be their sucker. They have been running a con game for many years and too many yuppies fell for it.

Apple is disgusting. Look at their logo. If someone took a bite out of an apple and offered it to you, would you eat that? No way!

I would never buy an Apple iPhone and support those greedy ****s with their closed source software.
So you didn't need Musk to tell you then? Apple caters to yuppies and the more expensive it is the more they like it. It's a "niche" market that earned Apple $50 billion piggy bank so don't knock it. Don't buy it either. Musk must be so happy now. He can be his true vindictive self and bare all his jealousies in plain sight.

Back
Top Bottom