• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Elon Musk is right about Apple

Bucky

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Apple charges a 30% Apple Tax for in-app purchases yet the ftc is doing nothing about it. They are more worried about blocking Facebook from buying a start up vr app, Amazon from buying irobot and Ticketmaster charging too much for Taylor Swift tickets.

Apple has created such an oppressive environment for businesses yet nothing is done about it. I mean 30%? Really.

Shouldn't the ftc allow a third party competitor who charges like a flat 3% fee or some sort of annual amount?

Apple charges a 30% Apple Tax for in-app purchases yet the ftc is doing nothing about it. They are more worried about blocking Facebook from buying a start up vr app, Amazon from buying irobot and Ticketmaster charging too much for Taylor Swift tickets.

Apple has created such an oppressive environment for businesses yet nothing is done about it. I mean 30%? Really.

Shouldn't the ftc allow a third party competitor who charges like a flat 3% fee or some sort of annual amount?

Awwww... Free market too much for the snowflakes? Should twitter allow a third party competitor to verify accounts for $1/month?

Why don't you and Elon do something about it? Tell Apple to **** off. Don't use their products.
Heck, I saw what they were about 15 years ago and don't support them in any way.

Anyone get the feeling that Musk shitposts to Twitter to distract people from how badly Tesla stock is performing right now? Moreover, if you look at TSLA, its rise coincides with the massive infusion of pandemic stimulus, and it falls steadily beginning in November 2021.

Awwww... Free market too much for the snowflakes? Should twitter allow a third party competitor to verify accounts for $1/month?

So you support the free market, yet the FTC is blocking EVERY attempted acquisition from Meta, Amazon, and even Microsoft acquiring Activision.

How is that promoting free market principles?

Anyone get the feeling that Musk shitposts to Twitter to distract people from how badly Tesla stock is performing right now? Moreover, if you look at TSLA, its rise coincides with the massive infusion of pandemic stimulus, and it falls steadily beginning in November 2021.

Which Technology company is performing well at this moment? Amazon, Google, Meta, Nvidia, take your pick from the buffet.

Why don't you and Elon do something about it? Tell Apple to **** off. Don't use their products.
Heck, I saw what they were about 15 years ago and don't support them in any way.

Umm, so what other options are available if you want to buy something from the App. Google?

Apple supports the app store and seamlessly downloads & handles various types of payments. That stuff doesn't just happen all by itself.

Which is why I have never owned anything Apple, Mac or any associated software or products. I have heard people complaining it's too hard to get an iPhone 14 because of supply chain issues. Who in the hell NEEDS and iPhone 14. My God. I'm still using the same Samsung smart phone I bought 6 years ago for a few hundred bucks.

Apple supports the app store and seamlessly downloads & handles various types of payments. That stuff doesn't just happen all by itself.

Let me ask you, my friend, what is the #1 stock owned by members of Congress?

So a company like Spotify, for example, should just concede 30% of its profits to Apple?

What other options do they have?

sell to Android users and Microsoft users?

That's just the obvious answer off the top of my head

There's probably some reason why Spotify is unable to sell their software to Android users and Microsoft users, isn't there?

So a company like Spotify, for example, should just concede 30% of its profits to Apple?

Distribute as a PWA... Hell, I access DP using a chrome browser on my iphone...

App developers are aware of the 30% when they sign up. If they don't want to pay, then don't develop apps for iphone/IOS.

They do.

Thanks to the EU, Apple was forced to allow Spotify and others to be able to charge for subs outside the Apple eco system. So you can goto spotify.com and sign up there or pay more if you do it via Apple.

Same things as Android fyi.

• For developers who are enrolled in the 15% service fee tier, the service fee is:
    • 15% for the first $1M (USD) of earnings each year,
    • 30% for earnings in excess of $1M (USD) each year.

Conservatives are all for the free market, until they aren't...

Elon is either out of touch or does not understand the last 20 years of tech. Both Apple and Google take a cut from things bought through their store. You don't have to sell subs through them..open up your own payment system on your own website like most larger companies do.

Not develop an app that they want to be sold on the Apple platform. Or pay the fee.

This isn’t “new” or “shocking” news.

Their platform, their rules and fees.

Back
Top Bottom