• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Elon Musk condemns Twitter censorship of NY Post’s Hunter laptop story: ‘Obviously incredibly inappropriate’

The guy the Post wanted to credit for the story told them to leave his name out of it. They stuck another person's name on the story who didn't even know it.

Fox "News" says something about Elon Musk saying something about Twitter saying something about the New York post saying something about Hunter Biden's laptop?

Folks, this is what Telephone Game looks like.
Telephone Game is how Republicans create their reality narrative currently.

The media will fall behind freedom of the press, protecting its sources and having autonomy over what stories it decides are newsworthy and which aren't same as the industry always has. And clearly the vast majority within the media industry has decided that Hunter Biden's laptop isn't as big a story as some are attempting to make it out to be.

Think of it like this...

Which was the bigger news story: A) Hillary Clinton having a secret email server in her basement; or, B) Hillary Clinton passed classified information via her private emails?

No one cares about the source once the bigger fish became "Classified information discovered among Hillary's emails; did she allow classified information to slip into enemy hands" (...hypothetically speaking, of course, because the latter was never proven to have happened, but I think you get the point). The same could be said about White Water before the media turned its attention to the Bill Clinton/Monika Lewinski Affair and that dress!

No one will care about Hunter Biden's laptop IF he's found to have committed tax fraud, tax evasion, money laundering, wire fraud, etc., because the criminality will become the big fish. But like Hillary's email server, the laptop gives political pundits/Republicans something to sink their teeth into until the bigger story comes along.

(Sidenote: Frankly, I'm of the opinion if the legal beagles haven't found anything in the last 1.5 yrs - decade to hang around Hunter's neck, they aren't going to. And yes, that's pretty much the same way I feel about the SDNY investigation into Trump's perceived tax scandal. Until a criminal charge is levied....🤷‍♂️.)
Maybe they haven't really been looking hard; I mean if you slow walk something long enough, it might just go away. ;)

Are you wanting to claim that news outlets are exempt from prosecution for covering up a crime?

Maybe you can tell us what crimes they are free to cover up. Is it just some crimes or all crimes in general?

What crime are you talking about?

Nahhh, no election interference here. Let the leftwing hypocrisy, lying and deflection begin...

You know whats fun is go back and read this thread

If a person or persons cover up a crime they should be prosecuted, no?

What they do for a living is irrelevant.
the media isn't obligated to report anything, nor is that covering up anything...obstruction of justice is a crime....perhaps talk to certain others on your side about the whole obstruction of justice stuff.

the media isn't obligated to report anything, nor is that covering up anything...obstruction of justice is a crime....perhaps talk to certain others on your side about the whole obstruction of justice stuff.

LOL! The media are people, who have a legal obligation - just like you and me - to report a crime. They are not exempt from the law.

If you or me, or a person employed in media aid and abet, cover up, or fail to report a crime, that is in itself a crime.

Some people have an even higher moral obligation to not be involved in a crime, like the media.

LOL! The media are people, who have a legal obligation - just like you and me - to report a crime. They are not exempt from the law.

If you or me, or a person employed in media aid and abet, cover up, or fail to report a crime, that is in itself a crime.

Some people have an even higher moral obligation to not be involved in a crime, like the media.

Any crime must be reported? Down to all the petty thefts at convenience stores?

IS that what covering up Hunters laptop is equivalent to?

LOL

So if the media are aware of someone stealing a pack of gum from a convenience store, they MUST report on it?

They aren't required to report anything only mandatory reporters are required to report abuse...other than that there are no requirements anyone report

Show me the relevance of your "show me" to the topic.
you are complaining about Hunter Biden...its like someone complaining about you and pointing this or that out and saying see here all Republicans are corrupt. Hunter Biden is a PRIVATE citizen..

you are complaining about Hunter Biden...its like someone complaining about you and pointing this or that out and saying see here all Republicans are corrupt. Hunter Biden is a PRIVATE citizen..
Because it's not just about him, it's also about the Big Guy, and what he did to influence foreign leaders that benefited his son.

They aren't required to report anything only mandatory reporters are required to report abuse...other than that there are no requirements anyone report

LOL! You just made that up. What's a "mandatory reporters" ?? LOL

"other than that there are no requirements anyone report" - where did you get this information? Cite it 🤪

LOL! You just made that up. What's a "mandatory reporters" ?? LOL

"other than that there are no requirements anyone report" - where did you get this information? Cite it 🤪
a mandatory reporter is someone like a doctor or nurse....they are required to report child abuse or suspected abuse of any nature. No one, under law, is required to report any crime, except mandatory reporters.

You are factually incorrect. There is no such legal obligation for ordinary citizens (or the media) to report crimes. https://www.lawyers.com/legal-info/...ing-ignoring-falsely-reporting-and-lying.html.

As ClaraD already pointed out, there are some specific exceptions that are completely irrelevant to this situation.

Further, refusing to cover a story is vastly different from covering it up or obstructing justice. They did not destroy any evidence, they did not interfere with law enforcement. The media is not obligated to waste their time on every nonsense conspiracy theory you people dream up.

You are factually incorrect. There is no such legal obligation for ordinary citizens (or the media) to report crimes. https://www.lawyers.com/legal-info/...ing-ignoring-falsely-reporting-and-lying.html.

As ClaraD already pointed out, there are some specific exceptions that are completely irrelevant to this situation.

Further, refusing to cover a story is vastly different from covering it up or obstructing justice. They did not destroy any evidence, they did not interfere with law enforcement. The media is not obligated to waste their time on every nonsense conspiracy theory you people dream up.

Actually it depends on the state, which is besides the point. From a moral perspective, it was dishonest for the media to not just bury a story, but to come out with a story that the evidence is "disinformation" or "Russian propaganda". Further, it has been shown in polls that Biden voters would have not voted for Biden had they known the truth.

Supposedly Democrats claim the higher moral ground, while in practice they support and defend lying for political advantage.

Back
Top Bottom